Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Apparently, on his visit, Kiffin took Nu'Keese's cell phone, pretended to be him and texted Nuke's coach saying that he made his decision to go to UT so he could get the coach off Nu'keese's back, and the coach is extremely pissed with Tennessee in general.
First that sounds a lil far fetched, second he should be mad a Keese, I doubt Kiff overpowerd him and texted the coach by himself. There had to be some help from Keese himself.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
First that sounds a lil far fetched, second he should be mad a Keese, I doubt Kiff overpowerd him and texted the coach by himself. There had to be some help from Keese himself.
Nukeese probably just left it on a table or something and Kiffin picked it up - this came from the coach.

The article said Nukeese thought Kiffin was just joking or something, I don't exactly remember.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Nukeese probably just left it on a table or something and Kiffin picked it up - this came from the coach.

The article said Nukeese thought Kiffin was just joking or something, I don't exactly remember.
Sorry, that sounds "too much", probably isn't too far from the truth, but I couldn't even picture Urban doing that.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, that sounds "too much", probably isn't too far from the truth, but I couldn't even picture Urban doing that.
I'll try to find you the article tomorrow, I don't much believe any coach would just take a kid's phone and **** with his coach like that either though, especially not a coach who didn't even have a solid commitment from the kid at the time.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART
Here's a link.

It was during the TN/FL basketball game. Nuke got a text from his coach asking how his trip was going, and Kiffin saw him reading it. Kiffin asked if he could reply, and Nuke gave him permission. The text read, “Yes. I love it. My decision is made.” It's not a violation, and Nuke's HS coach even stated that it was a joke.

The writer that wrote the article I saw (the one I linked to) just has a case of sour grapes over Kiffin's comments on Urban Meyer calling Nuke during his visit to UT. It's a ridiculous non-story. The writer just wanted to make an attempt to knock Kiffin.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Stop insinuating that I don't have common sense, am naive, or any other knock on my awareness. Trust me when I say that I'm quite competant in those areas.

You need to see that I'm not refuting that paying recruits is practiced by many universities, even Tennessee. I am refuting the argument you're using.

You can't say Tennessee paid those recruits because not only are there no bounds as to which that can be proven, but it is also implies that they paid other recruits. It's hard for me to believe they paid every recruit, but realistically they could have paid some recruits, but there's no way to know which ones they paid for. There's a chance that when Nuke Richardson was heavily considering the Vols, so Kiffin paid Nuke's friend and future UF roommate Marsalis Teague to come to Tennessee, there by persuading Richardson to change his commitment to Tennessee.

It is a flawed argument. Even if it makes complete sense, it is still flawed. I'm not being naive. I'm being logical. There's no way to argue that a school paid for recruits unless there's some factual evidence. Having common sense or an understanding of how big business works is irrelevant. There's a difference in saying that there are tons of people out there who work as "advisors," or another form of pseudo-agent, and try to pimp these kids to schools, and then receive compensation from a coach by pushing a kid in the direction of that coach's school. Things like this can range from a personal trainer or coach who not only trains the player but schedules visits and is the player's correspondant for coaches and schools, to schools offering a player's girlfriend or family member a scholarship to the university. I don't think it's as widely practiced as you make it out to be, or even as regularly practiced, but it does exist.

But, it's existence is not enough foundation to base your accusation off of. There's no way to say it happened. There's no way to say it didn't happen. But, by default, it is assumed that it didn't happen until it is proven otherwise.
I understand what your saying.

I just don't agree with you.

Just because they didn't have evidence against OJ Simpson doesn't mean he didn't commit the murder.

With as much as paying recruits goes on, I think the approach of "they didn't catch him so it didn't happen" to be rather ignorant.

And remember Nukeese is from my area. Literally as soon as you started after him the rumors started. Please tell me, what reason does a Miami have to start a fake rumor about a kid we aren't even after. Not to mention the people that started it have pretty legit connections.

Look there's no way to prove it. None. Never will be. Reggie Bush's case was out in the open and nothing happned despite the evidence. The NCAA sweep it all under the rug so we will never hear about the specific cases. But it happens alot more then people like to acknowledge and as on outsider, I'm telling you that what went on with the coaching staff change and there after makes you raise an eyebrow.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Here's a link.

It was during the TN/FL basketball game. Nuke got a text from his coach asking how his trip was going, and Kiffin saw him reading it. Kiffin asked if he could reply, and Nuke gave him permission. The text read, “Yes. I love it. My decision is made.” It's not a violation, and Nuke's HS coach even stated that it was a joke.

The writer that wrote the article I saw (the one I linked to) just has a case of sour grapes over Kiffin's comments on Urban Meyer calling Nuke during his visit to UT. It's a ridiculous non-story. The writer just wanted to make an attempt to knock Kiffin.

Ok, that makes more sense.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09
I understand what your saying.

I just don't agree with you.

Just because they didn't have evidence against OJ Simpson doesn't mean he didn't commit the murder.

With as much as paying recruits goes on, I think the approach of "they didn't catch him so it didn't happen" to be rather ignorant.

And remember Nukeese is from my area. Literally as soon as you started after him the rumors started. Please tell me, what reason does a Miami have to start a fake rumor about a kid we aren't even after. Not to mention the people that started it have pretty legit connections.

Look there's no way to prove it. None. Never will be. Reggie Bush's case was out in the open and nothing happned despite the evidence. The NCAA sweep it all under the rug so we will never hear about the specific cases. But it happens alot more then people like to acknowledge and as on outsider, I'm telling you that what went on with the coaching staff change and there after makes you raise an eyebrow.
What rumors? Are we talking about sports writers, or something like posters on other message boards? Can you provide a link?

I just don't see how Kiffin giving Nu'Keese money is the most likely reason. Florida has 5 receivers who were freshman last season, which means more competition and less chance of playing time. His high school coach has even said that he heard Gators coaches have told multiple WR recruits that they'll "be the next Percy Harvin," which was one of the most appealing things that Gators coaches told Nuke when recruiting him, so they found out that the Gators were just telling them what they wanted to hear. Eric Berry was at the basketball game with Nu'Keese and his family, and when Berry entered the arena, the crowd started an "Er-ric Ber-ry" chant, which awed Nuke.

Why is there no legitimate chance that he personally just wanted to go to Tennessee more than Florida for his own reasons?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-05-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
What rumors? Are we talking about sports writers, or something like posters on other message boards? Can you provide a link?

I just don't see how Kiffin giving Nu'Keese money is the most likely reason. Florida has 5 receivers who were freshman last season, which means more competition and less chance of playing time. His high school coach has even said that he heard Gators coaches have told multiple WR recruits that they'll "be the next Percy Harvin," which was one of the most appealing things that Gators coaches told Nuke when recruiting him, so they found out that the Gators were just telling them what they wanted to hear. Eric Berry was at the basketball game with Nu'Keese and his family, and when Berry entered the arena, the crowd started an "Er-ric Ber-ry" chant, which awed Nuke.

Why is there no legitimate chance that he personally just wanted to go to Tennessee more than Florida for his own reasons?
Our rivals guys. You have to pay for accesss.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm a Rivals subscriber.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TitanHope, do some research on Dee Morley...

Next, How do you think LSU got a born and bred Cane committed to UM for 6 months who could have started day 1 at Miami at CB to leave Broward County? Because they won more games than us that year? ha!
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Go Kiffin!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I'm a Rivals subscriber.
It's not rivals. It's on the Canesport MB.

You have to suscribe thru Canesport to have access.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
It's not rivals. It's on the Canesport MB.

You have to suscribe thru Canesport to have access.
He has canesport.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
He has canesport.
Then here it is.

http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?...ID=1243 86815

http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?...ID=1243 77532

Here's one of the mentions. There's a couple mentions of it. I'm try to go thru and find the original stuff. I'll post it when I find it.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

I kinda cosign this. I mean at the end of the day, alot of peeps over that the Gatorsports is taking this Nu'Keese thing a bit toooo personal. I'm like for gosh sakes, this happens all the time in recruiting. Marcus Stroud did it to us http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...9522/index.htm , Fred Taylor and Reggie McGrew did it to FSU, and the list goes on and on. Listen i wish that we would have been able to reel in Keese, we weren't able to because i'm assuming that we obviously didn't have him as secured as we thought he did and he had a change of heart. It happens. He may have switch at the last minute, a month ago, two months ago who knows and at this point why even care to drag it out man. I don't think it had to do with $$$, i think it really was the realization that we are STACKED at the position that he plays and maybe valued a more guaranteed early playing time than the high possibility of redshirting at UF. Only he knows the God honest truth
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

One major reason that I think you guys are overlooking is that Florida already has two smaller WR's that are probably better than NuKeese Richardson in Andre Debose and Deonte Thompson. Nukeese would be lucky to get on the field in the first couple years at UF. He has a much better chance of playing at UT.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
One major reason that I think you guys are overlooking is that Florida already has two smaller WR's that are probably better than NuKeese Richardson in Andre Debose and Deonte Thompson. Nukeese would be lucky to get on the field in the first couple years at UF. He has a much better chance of playing at UT.
and we have 3 other WR's that redshirted last season that played the same spot as we recruited Nu'Keese for so all in all i can't blame em but as Brandon Spikes says about competition "the good ones don't blink"
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

What is up with all the former SC coaches getting busted with recruiting violations? Orgeron, Kiffin, Sarkisian, and Holt all having their names associated with different violations. Is this just something they picked up after they left SC or are they bringing their old methods with them to their new jobs?