Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
there's a lot of talk that Marve is willing to drop out of UM and enroll in UF and pay his own way to play as a walk-on - not really sure why he'd want to come here anyway...
I read somewhere he was looking at OU, OK State, and Texas Tech as well.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OT but LOL Braveheart is far and away my favorite Non-Hurricane poster on this site, btw. That is one funny mofo.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm moving to Florida next year (port st lucie, about 45 minutes away from west palm beach), what kind of florida fans would i encounter...UF(please no), USF, UCF,FIU,(they have fans?),FSU,UM,FAU(see FIU).

I'm thinking Gaytor, but I've been to the mall around there a couple times over the years i don't remember seeing too much gaytor memorabilia. Either way I'mma have my C&G, striped up, representing.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm moving to (port st lucie,
Sorry! lol seriously though why PSL?

Quote:
what kind of florida fans would i encounter...UF(please no),
Oh yes, it is going to be all UF fans, especially with their recent success. Smattering of UM fans but the majority will be UF fans and yes...they suck.

Quote:
USF, UCF,FIU,(they have fans?),FSU,UM,FAU(see FIU).

No, no they don't have fans.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone here explain to me the deal with Bryce Brown and the Hurricanes? I really like Bryce and living in Miami I kinda like the Hurricanes can someone update me on what is happening with him?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Can someone here explain to me the deal with Bryce Brown and the Hurricanes? I really like Bryce and living in Miami I kinda like the Hurricanes can someone update me on what is happening with him?
He's going to decide on March 12, most likely between UM and Oregon.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Dont hate on FIU.

Thats my school. We got plenty of fans for a small school. (alot more then you think)

Were taking the Sun Belt next year behind former Miami coach Mario Christobal.

Larvez Mars and Wayne Times FTW!
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He's going to decide on March 12, most likely between UM and Oregon.
Oh thanks,

but why didn't he just decide on UM hasn't he been verbally committed for awhile now?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Dont hate on FIU.

Thats my school. We got plenty of fans for a small school. (alot more then you think)

true true, but I doubt they have 'fans' up in PSL, if you know what I mean. And yea that class was pretty awesome for FIU, Wayne Times is the truth. Next year though I predict a top 40 class for them, which is unprecedented for a Sun Belt school, I gotta think.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Dont hate on FIU.

Paul McCall ftw!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-11-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I'm moving to Florida next year (port st lucie, about 45 minutes away from west palm beach), what kind of florida fans would i encounter...UF(please no), USF, UCF,FIU,(they have fans?),FSU,UM,FAU(see FIU).

I'm thinking Gaytor, but I've been to the mall around there a couple times over the years i don't remember seeing too much gaytor memorabilia. Either way I'mma have my C&G, striped up, representing.
There's going to be a lot of UF bandwagon fans I imagine. When I was down there for the NC, half of the people I talked to just started watching Florida games in the past year or so they said.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

I personally was a not a big fan of Billy Sander's video and despite our major need at TE was not happy that he switched back over to us. When I heard a few months ago though that he is an excellent long snapper I never really thought much of it until I read this article -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ers/index.html

So yea, it's something you never really think of until they mess up, and I just saw that our LS Jake Byrne is graduating. So if Billy Sanders can fill in that position for 4 years while providing some practice depth at TE or DE...that is an excellent use of a scholarship.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Sorry! lol seriously though why PSL?

Oh yes, it is going to be all UF fans, especially with their recent success. Smattering of UM fans but the majority will be UF fans and yes...they suck.

No, no they don't have fans.
Not my choice, my parents want to buy a big ol (cheap) new house over there, plus we got a good amount of family in the area (west palm beach, jupiter, etc...). I don't have the funds for my own place yet, and I don't have any friends to room with. I'll be in florida somewhere in the year 2010 (2011 at the most). When I get enough money I'm getting the hell outta there, and moving back to So Cal. PSL isn't bad, I've been there quite a bit over the last 10 years, I just hate the fact that it's boring and full of old people. The only time I see people of my age or lower is at the mall.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I personally was a not a big fan of Billy Sander's video and despite our major need at TE was not happy that he switched back over to us. When I heard a few months ago though that he is an excellent long snapper I never really thought much of it until I read this article -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ers/index.html

So yea, it's something you never really think of until they mess up, and I just saw that our LS Jake Byrne is graduating. So if Billy Sanders can fill in that position for 4 years while providing some practice depth at TE or DE...that is an excellent use of a scholarship.
Has got more value then that to us.

People are sleeping on him but I thought he looked solid in his film. Buck Ortega type. Ortega was effective as a backup TE and special teamer. Add in the long snapping for Sanders and he is a definite good pickup.

I think he'll be a solid TE for us.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Check this site out and the quotes from Willie Williams. So many good ones on here I don't know which one to use as my sig. I still remember a lot of these being in the Herald, dude would just crack me.

http://www.fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/...illiewill.html

If this isn't LOL funny I don't know is -

Quote:
''You know how it is, those girls are supposed to be there to cheer you up. But I told them, `I ain't no animal, and I ain't going to eat no plant. I'm from Miami. I don't eat that. You farm people are used to it, but not me.''
(After several female hosts, nicknamed the ‘Tigerettes,’ offered him some of their spinach dip)

Last edited by Hollywood : 02-11-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Sept. 7 at Florida State (ESPN)

Sept. 17 Georgia Tech (ESPN)

Sept. 26 at Virginia Tech

Oct. 3 Oklahoma
Ugh I'd be happy to get out of that 2-2. What a ridiculous start.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-12-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Ugh I'd be happy to get out of that 2-2. What a ridiculous start.
Yeah, that's about as brutal a start to the season as you can have.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
Yeah, that's about as brutal a start to the season as you can have.
I aint scared.

In all honesty, doesnt seem that bad to me.

Rather play GT early like we do, they lost alot on DL this year and their best OL is gone. We get them early before the new guys can really get a handle on that offense. They are really hit and miss as well. We can handle them I think.

Clemson is a tougher IMO then VT for us. Their offense is just bad and nothing on that offense changes save for maybe a little Ryan Williams mixed in. Getting Moncur, McCarthy and Phillips all bac this year should onl help agains them since they were all out last year, plus throw in development from Spence, Forston, Harris and Robinson. We should shut them down. Wejust match up so well against them.

FSU lost alot on D and it was a close game last year. These are always toss ups. and could go either way. But we seem to be alternating wins and losses lately makin this year our turn.

I really dont see us doing worse then 2-2 and honestly 3-1 is a possibility. But 2-2 seems about right and with the rest of our schedule bein so easy, that 9 wins seem very reachable to me at this point.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schedule is pretty brutal but I can see 2-2 or 3-1 easily.

It's just going to be on whether we can win that first game, IMO.

Confidence will be sky high if we knock of FSU in Tally.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Schedule is pretty brutal but I can see 2-2 or 3-1 easily.

It's just going to be on whether we can win that first game, IMO.

Confidence will be sky high if we knock of FSU in Tally.
I look at it this way.

We were a good OC away from beating FSU, detroying VT and holding close with the Gators. Between UF, FSU, GT and VT last year, we were 1-3.

With better players, our freshman gorwing up and Whipple, no reason whatsoever for us not to be 2-2 at a minimum and fighting for 3-1.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It's probably 4 of our 5 hardest games of the season, just kinda sucks its all together like that. I think we should go 9-3 even if we do start 2-2, I guess it's good to get that out of the way though and hopefully we can get on a roll through the season. Maybe we go 3-1 and finish 11-1. :D

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-12-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Hurtt said UM will have between 22-23 scholarships to use for next year. Like he did a year ago, he laid out the slots for me: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 3 TE, 4 OL, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3-4 DBs and possibly a kicker.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiam...010-class.html

As loaded as Fla is suposed to be next year, I really wish we had closer to 30 scholarships.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

What the heck ever happened to Kenny Kelly's baseball career?
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
What the heck ever happened to Kenny Kelly's baseball career?
The same thing that happened to *insert any UF QB or close to any UF WR here* football career. He wasn't that good.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The same thing that happened to *insert any UF QB or close to any UF WR here* football career. He wasn't that good.
To mention anything about UF had nothing to do with the question but thanks for the "answer"
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote