Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-15-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering he doesn't recruit real Big's I think it's pretty impressive what Coach K is able to do. And I don't know. I really wouldn't consider any of his recent recruiting classes terribly impressive (and it doesn't look like they'll be bringing anything in worthwhile for at least the next two years).
Old 02-15-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So wait, because he doesn't recruit real bigs we give him a pass? Isn't that his problem, the fact that he hasn't had a real "big" since Shelden Williams, or hell Boozer or Brand?

He's had the problem for years now and hasn't been able to address it, even with the Plumlee's.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how everyone is saying how "great" of a job Russ Pennell is doing with the Arizona basketball team. I'm sorry to in form all media outlets, but that team is LOADED with talent. Pennell is just a glorified Bruce Pearl who is going by the AAU strategy of 10 second shot clocks and no defense.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you were just saying that he should be doing more with the talent he's bringing in, but I don't really think he can considering the hindrance he's put on the team by not bringing in a true Big.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

duke sucks
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach K is gonna have to make some changes, I really don't see this years team doing anything either.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Has Jack McClinton ever played any less than amazing in a big game?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laugh it up sweetness, laugh it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Duke Sucks
Very insightful post.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-16-2009 at 12:28 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Laugh it up sweetness, laugh it up.

Very insightful post.
Laugh what up? I actually was going to eat my words with this team at the beginning of the year. I was going to eat crow, and two weeks later they start playing like this. 4 losses in a short period of time, and when you rely on the 3 all the time it will hurt you. Duke is very talented, but they have a huge flaw.

And well Illinois has been a huge suprise, count me in as one who was scared for this season because we lost Jamar Smith and a lot inexperience getting thrown into the mix. It's been a pleasant season so far.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Duke has not been overly impressive for about 3 years now. Thye never should have been number 1. Watching Duke and Carolina, after carolina guarded the three duke was toast. Gerald Henderson is really the guy That you have to watch out for. There Guards aren't that great. Paulus went from great fresman to a great hustle player, scheyer is extremely inconsistent. And Besides a nifty spin move Nolan Smith doesn't wow me at all. McClure is a solid rebounder but fouls way too much, and Zubak as a big man is a joke. Then there's kyle singler, who might be more overrated than McRoberts. Couldn't guard anybody out there, and besides his 3 ball nothign wowed me, except when he missed a dunk terribly and cheapshotted hansbrough. Henderson is the only guy on that team who would worry me as an opposing coach.

Coach K needs a big man and experiance, simply put. Look at the recent winners of the NCAA. Kansas, FLorida, and UNC. All had a great big man/men, and all had lots of tourney experiance.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Laugh what up? I actually was going to eat my words with this team at the beginning of the year. I was going to eat crow, and two weeks later they start playing like this. 4 losses in a short period of time, and when you rely on the 3 all the time it will hurt you. Duke is very talented, but they have a huge flaw.

And well Illinois has been a huge suprise, count me in as one who was scared for this season because we lost Jamar Smith and a lot inexperience getting thrown into the mix. It's been a pleasant season so far.
You still may, the season isn't over yet. Duke could get hot in the tourney. Also, Duke still >>>Illinois.

I'm beginning to think that Duke's failure to recruit pure big men may come from Coach K's love of the three ball. Who wants to go play there to rebound and play D all the time? No glamor for that position at Duke.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Congrats on Duke >>>> Illinois, that's the way it should be since you have 5 burger boys on your team and we have 0.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Congrats on Duke >>>> Illinois, that's the way it should be since you have 5 burger boys on your team and we have 0.
Who fault is that? You hate self, but he got the recruits. Weber can't cut it.

they get smoked.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Knight on Blake Griffin:

Quote:
You guys ever see the movie 'The Terminator?' That's what that kid is like. Every kid I put on [Griffin] was like Sarah Connor.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Pat Knight on Blake Griffin:
So, his players needed the help of another terminator or at least someone from the future?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Weber can't cut it?

Have you seen his classes through 2011 so far? It's top 15 this year, top 5 in 2010, and we already have a 4/5 star PG in Tracy Abrams with Mike Shaw hopefully soon to follow.

Weber can flat out coach, that wasn't his "downfall" it was that he didn't recruit well when he first got here, but now his recruiting has picked up his downfall has suddenly become a strength, and that's a good sign for Illinois Basketball. Weber's one of the best X's and O's guys in the game.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo woo......Missouri #10

Very nice. Mike Anderson is doing an Excellent job with that program.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Thaaa-buuuuuusssssstttttt!

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitt might be choking this one away

edit : just kidding

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thaaa-buuuuuusssssstttttt!
I find it funny that you rip on Duke for not having a big man and then rip on a top 5 big man in college basketball.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

The only reason Thabeet is an "elite big man" is because he is 7'3". Have you seen him on offense? He makes Tyson Chandler look like The Dream. Thabeet is a defensive center but I just don't see the hype, NBA big men are going to kill him, he looks so indecisive.

And how does me hating on an overrated player have anything to do with Duke big men? For all the talent Coach K gets, his results are underwhelming, especially in the post season. His non-recruiting, or well success with landing good bigs has been a question mark, it has nothing to do with my opinion of Hasheem Thabeet who just got killed tonight by DaJuan Blair, the 2nd best big man in college basketball, whoops did I just say that? ;)

ESPN Big Wigs: "Where the **** is Hansbrough?

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Weber can't cut it?

Have you seen his classes through 2011 so far? It's top 15 this year, top 5 in 2010, and we already have a 4/5 star PG in Tracy Abrams with Mike Shaw hopefully soon to follow.

Weber can flat out coach, that wasn't his "downfall" it was that he didn't recruit well when he first got here, but now his recruiting has picked up his downfall has suddenly become a strength, and that's a good sign for Illinois Basketball. Weber's one of the best X's and O's guys in the game.
Oh he recruited " top ranked Incoming recruits"? Whew. Nevermind, problem solved.

Look at your adversary ( duke) for how top-tanked recruits don't always turn out as expected. Then take a look at Florida of recent past and see their recruiting techniques. Not 4 or 5 star guys that did it for the.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-16-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh he recruited " top ranked Incoming recruits"? Whew. Nevermind, problem solved.
Actually it probably is. What Weber has done with this years team is quite remarkable. We are in the top 20 some how. We are starting a walk on, two young bigs, a young pg, and a senior who fans booed last year in Frazier.

Give Weber guys with talent and work ethic and he will coach them very well.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Woo woo......Missouri #10

Very nice. Mike Anderson is doing an Excellent job with that program.
Don't get too used to him, he may be 'Bama bound.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DaJuan Blair, the 2nd best big man in college basketball
True Story!

22 points and 23 rebounds against "The Best Defensive Big Man in the Country" *cough cough"

Love me some DeJuan Blair