Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

[quote=farfromforgotten;1493962]We can do the "what ifs" thing up until the draft starts. Alright.

We'll see what happens if Hill gets to start for a full year. You guys want to hold on to hope that Alex will turn his career around? I'm not gonna try and change your minds.[/QUOTe

exactly. this guy has great points.
alex has had 4 years to prove his worth of the #1 selection and not make people think of "tim couch" when he plays and talks. the excuses are the same since he got in the league, " oc changes, shoulder, this-that" honestly not that i hate smith its just simple...HOMEBOY BLOWS. hill went undrafted and has outperformed smith in all senses. why hasn't anyone brought up the fact he himself has gone thru the same oc's, same wr's, same bs nolan preached? hill has proved in 2 seasons he is underpaid and underated and has outplayed all other options that were on the roster.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:08 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

smith's main problem besides health was that he overthought every play. hill trusts the playcalling and his recievers way more than smith. however, this problem can be corrected in time. i want a full qb competition. this whole "hill may look like **** in practice but in games he looks better" stuff doesnt hold much to me. if smith cant beat hill out, then next year we take one of that monster qb class. i know you arent supposed to look at drafts that way, planning on next year and such, but i feel comfortable with all of those guys going back to school that that is the thing to do.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith's biggest problem is his footwork and the resulting inaccuracy. If he ever gets that worked out, he could be good. Until then, he's garbage. I'm fine with Hill starting for the next year or two while they either fix Smith or find a youngster to groom. I like next year's QB options better in that scenario.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, personally like Shaun Hill. He obviously has some physical limitations in his game but has been able to win games with the team. With that said...

Shaun Hill has 7 wins in his last 10 starts.
Alex Smith has 7 wins in his last 12 starts prior to his shoulder injury.

If you consider overall talent on the team, the difference isn't anywhere near where many Alex Smith haters seem to place it.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just do not think Sanchez will be successful in the nfl. There is just nothing that really impresses me about him. Maybe I am wrong and I will look like an idiot next year but that is what I think.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me preface this by saying I think Dan was the first to cook this idea up.

I do not have a link for this, as I heard it on NFL Live on Espn today.

They were talking about Jeff Garcia and how his days in Tampa are done. When John Clayton was asked what he thinks would happen with Garcia, he said the two best scenarios are Minnesota and...San Francisco. He didn't say where he heard it from, but he said, and i'm trying to quote as close as possible "...There is interest coming from there....", referring to San Fran.

Sorry for the lack of a link, and i'm not sure what some of your opinions are on John Clayton ( i'm mixed ), but I just wanted to throw that out there.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Let me preface this by saying I think Dan was the first to cook this idea up.

I do not have a link for this, as I heard it on NFL Live on Espn today.

They were talking about Jeff Garcia and how his days in Tampa are done. When John Clayton was asked what he thinks would happen with Garcia, he said the two best scenarios are Minnesota and...San Francisco. He didn't say where he heard it from, but he said, and i'm trying to quote as close as possible "...There is interest coming from there....", referring to San Fran.

Sorry for the lack of a link, and i'm not sure what some of your opinions are on John Clayton ( i'm mixed ), but I just wanted to throw that out there.
Clayton is an idiot he is the worst of all of them. Every year he delivers the most inaccurate information.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Clayton is an idiot he is the worst of all of them. Every year he delivers the most inaccurate information.
As I said. Just throwing it out there.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I said. Just throwing it out there.
Yeah I know I doubt he comes to San Fran. If T.O. gets released by the Cowboys then I think that's where Jeff ends up.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I know I doubt he comes to San Fran. If T.O. gets released by the Cowboys then I think that's where Jeff ends up.
I doubt it as well.

I would hope Jeff is too sane to end up in Dallas, whether or not T.O is there.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If T.O. gets released by the Cowboys then I think that's where Jeff ends up.
Jeff has said in interviews that he isn't going anywhere to play backup. He wants to go to a team where he has a chance to win the starting job. Minnesota seems like a perfect match for him. He's my favorite non-Niners player, so I try keep up with these things.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Jeff has said in interviews that he isn't going anywhere to play backup. He wants to go to a team where he has a chance to win the starting job. Minnesota seems like a perfect match for him. He's my favorite non-Niners player, so I try keep up with these things.
Well he did say this;

"I do feel like I have football life in me,'' Garcia said. "I feel I can still contribute. I'm not sure what my role will be with another team. I'm not looking at it like I need to start and be the man ... Hopefully, I'll have some opportunities out there. I'm pretty sure there's going to be something out there for me."
Old 02-16-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Back on topic to our pick at number ten.

The more film I see of Orakpo the more I realy don't want him. I think really his best fit is as a 4-3 defensive end. He could play 3-4 OLB, but he really is not an impact pass rusher. He doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves. The only one I have seen him use is a dip and rip move. He really wouldn't add anything that we don't already have.

B.J. is a guy I like the more I see of him. He actually has more pass rush moves than I saw from Orakpo. He really is a very solid ass rusher for a defensivetackle. He is very quick and stout at the point of attack, and does a great job of taking on blockers holding his ground and making plays. The only thing I saw that I really didn't like was he sometimes gets lot after he throws a move. By lost I mean he throws his move. Gets sloppy with his technique and misses.

If we take a pass rusher in the first round it should be Everette Brown. I think in the end he could overtake Orakpo. The thing Brian has going for him is that he will most likely put up insane numbers at the combine. Those will keep him in the top five range. Brown has a very wide range of pass rush moves, and could be the impact guy we are looking for. He also is not a bad run defender as well.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:

The more film I see of Orakpo the more I realy don't want him. I think really his best fit is as a 4-3 defensive end. He could play 3-4 OLB, but he really is not an impact pass rusher. He doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves. The only one I have seen him use is a dip and rip move. He really wouldn't add anything that we don't already have.

B.J. is a guy I like the more I see of him. He actually has more pass rush moves than I saw from Orakpo. He really is a very solid ass rusher for a defensivetackle. He is very quick and stout at the point of attack, and does a great job of taking on blockers holding his ground and making plays. The only thing I saw that I really didn't like was he sometimes gets lot after he throws a move. By lost I mean he throws his move. Gets sloppy with his technique and misses.

If we take a pass rusher in the first round it should be Everette Brown. I think in the end he could overtake Orakpo. The thing Brian has going for him is that he will most likely put up insane numbers at the combine. Those will keep him in the top five range. Brown has a very wide range of pass rush moves, and could be the impact guy we are looking for. He also is not a bad run defender as well.
Absolutely. Orakpo is a one trick pony. A very powerful one, but one trick regardless. He's going to get to the edge ( or die trying ) and that's about it. I am HOPING Orakpo puts up the numbers we think he will so that Everette doesn't pass him.

With Green Bay going to the 3-4, I guess i'm looking at this as we'll take whoever they don't. If they pass on the pass rusher, lets get Brown fitted for a Niners jersey, if they want to put him opposite Kampman, then we'll finally get the plug in the middle with Raji.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Absolutely. Orakpo is a one trick pony. A very powerful one, but one trick regardless. He's going to get to the edge ( or die trying ) and that's about it. I am HOPING Orakpo puts up the numbers we think he will so that Everette doesn't pass him.

With Green Bay going to the 3-4, I guess i'm looking at this as we'll take whoever they don't. If they pass on the pass rusher, lets get Brown fitted for a Niners jersey, if they want to put him opposite Kampman, then we'll finally get the plug in the middle with Raji.
The more I think about it the more I think Raji is going to be their pick.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
The more I think about it the more I think Raji is going to be their pick.
Either way I'm cool with it. Especially if we get Brown and find a way to grab Ron Brace. I would dance.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still hoping Andre Smith falls to us at 10 and then we pick up Larry English in the 2nd.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I am still hoping Andre Smith falls to us at 10 and then we pick up Larry English in the 2nd.
That would be awesome. I'm down with this idea.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

who was the last de from fsu that was good? the reason i ask is some guy from si.com wrote brown off. orakpo i feel isn't a goo fit. aaron maybin yes, but not @ 10.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"State of the Franchise" going on live right now on http://www.49ers.com/home.php

Also live blog on Matt Maiocco's blog:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ise-event.html

Jed York, Mike Singletary, and Scott McCloughan will be speaking.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Matt Maiocco claims to be responsible for the Jeff Garcia rumors...

Quote:
Question: Just wondering if you could shed a little light on a "rumor" I heard. I hear that the 9ers are possibly intrested in pursuing Jeff Garcia should he decide not to return with the Bucs. I'm on something? or is there a shred of truth to this report?

My response: The roots of this "rumor" probably traces to the answer to No. 5.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...questions.html

Quote:

I completely agree about Orakpo being a much better fit as 4-3 DE and Everette Brown as 3-4 OLB. Also that Raji is a stud and I would LOVE him to be the pick at #10.

Another 3-4 OLB prospect that I've been down on is Aaron Maybin. If he shows up at the Combine 250+ and tests well, he might spark my interest at #10. If he still weighs 236 or in the low 240's color me not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
That's an amazingly attractive scenario. Unfortunately I doubt highly Smith drops to #10 and even less likely English drops to #43. We could cross our fingers, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
who was the last de from fsu that was good? the reason i ask is some guy from si.com wrote brown off. orakpo i feel isn't a goo fit. aaron maybin yes, but not @ 10.
You have an obvious reason for concern but if you look at the situation more closely you could ask the same question of nearly every school. In fact, if you look at the most recent dominant 3-4 OLBs...

DeMarcus Ware - Troy
Joey Porter - Colorado St.
James Harrison - Kent St.
LaMarr Woodley - Michigan
Shawne Merriman - Maryland

before they were drafted, you'd be hard-pressed to find another 3-4 OLB type prior to them, either.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see Garcia going to Minnesota because they had a chance to go after him two years ago with him coming off a solid season with the Eagles and they (Minnesota) didnt. He's just about to be 39 years old. I'm sorry but his days as a starter are over. He's also been injury prone and wants starter type money. He's not getting that. And I dont see him in DAL because I dont see T.O. getting released or traded because doing so would cause DAL t take a cap hit of $8m which would leave them with $2m or so in cap room and in no way, shape or form are the Cowboys going to be able to extend Ware with only $2m in cap room.

With 3-4 DE Chris Canty a UFA and not expected to stay in DAL, anyone here interested in him? I'm 50/50 and rather have Igor Olshansky because he played with Manusky but what do you guys think?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
With 3-4 DE Chris Canty a UFA and not expected to stay in DAL, anyone here interested in him? I'm 50/50 and rather have Igor Olshansky because he played with Manusky but what do you guys think?
I dont see the Niners going after him. He'll probably ask for more than they are willing to give and they seem happy with Justin Smith, Sopo and Ray McDonald.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does Balmer fit in? And if he doesnt, any chance we could trade him?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

sopo at times look lost. i think balmer should be tried @ dt. let franklin and fields go. take raji @ 10 and some young dt in f.a.

garcia isn't going anywhere but sf, det, chic, or even buffalo. all asa backup.
det is going w/culpepper, chic has orton and buffalo has edwards. sf is a place he can come in, take a pay cut and help tutor hill so hill can tutor someone next season.