Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make it happen, we definately need some beef on the D-line, hopefully we cut some scrap off the team before we make him an offer but this move would really excite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we look at signing Igor, does that change our tender we place on Bowen???
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you guys settle something for me? I was under the impression that cutting T.O. would cause a real minor cap hit of $500-700K on top of his salary (something like $8-9M). Someone else is trying to tell me that the cap hit would be over $8M on top of his $8-9M salary). I know I'm right, but I'm looking for some confirmation from you guys. So ... amirite?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right...it would cost us $680 K.

I really dont think it's going to happen, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOTH is right. Our cap hit would be about $9 million if released. His salary & bonuses if he stays would be about $8.3 million.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a place players' cap hits are listed????
Old 02-22-2009, 04:19 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis wants to be a Cowboy pretty badly...

Story broke on NFL Network.. He's told Ware he wanted to wear a star on his helmet when they lost to BAL.... He reiterated it to Ware at the Pro Bowl... and he's been calling Ware every week since.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ray Lewis wants to be a Cowboy pretty badly...

Story broke on NFL Network.. He's told Ware he wanted to wear a star on his helmet when they lost to BAL.... He reiterated it to Ware at the Pro Bowl... and he's been calling Ware every week since.
He just knows that Jerry with PAY$$$$
Old 02-26-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

What about signing Derrick Brooks to a short term deal?

Could he be able to move to WILB and help out there?

I know he played OLB, but IMO he could fit inside in Wade's scheme. I am not sure of the price though, he would still probably want more than we could give him considering our current cap status.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooks is a lot like Ray Lewis. STill a good player but no where near what they were in thier prime yet they're going to want prime money.

The more I think about Sean Jones from Clev, the more I like that idea. And I think you could get him at a reasonable price.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Per schef...

Salary cap expands to $127 million for 2009

Posted: February 25th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Free Agency 2009, Salary cap

The salary cap will grow in 2009.

Because teams didn’t spend as much as they were supposed to under the collective bargaining agreement the past three years, teams were notified Wednesday that the salary cap will increase over $4 million to $127 million for this coming year, according to sources with two NFL teams. The collective bargaining agreement calls for cap adjustment down if teams spend over the cap in cash and adjustment up if they don’t spend up to the cap.

It defies the recession and logic, but just before free agency, teams actually will have more flexibility and salary-cap room. This is tremendous news for teams such as the Colts and Panthers, who are pressed against the cap, and not such good news for teams such as the Buccaneers and Chiefs, who were way under the cap. Now their advantage is somewhat compromised.

Teams believed they would see a mild increase in the salary cap, but this is bigger than teams expected."

What about some of the other LBs that could possibly become FA???

Does the extra $4 mil in cap money change anyone's mind about guys we can afford to sign?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know what LB spot Andra Davis had in Cleveland? And does anyone think he'd be a good fit in Wade's 3-4?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I think it means we could probably get a LB and a S in FA. And I'm thinking a mid-level guy, not a big money guy.

Maybe a Sean JOnes and an Eric Barton.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any talk of Roy Williams (SS) being cut at all? I heard hes gonna be over 6 million against the cap in '09.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

If we cut Brad Johnson, Greg Ellis and Roy Wiliams we would have the ability to be big players in FA. Brad Johnson and Roy Williams would give us an additional 4 million in cap space to go along with the extra 4 mil that the league just approved. Not sure what Ellis gives us but I would assume atleast 2 mil. Thats an additional 10 mil in cap space that we didn't think we had 3 days ago...

Signing Ware and bringing back Canty definitely wouldn't be out of the question. I doubt we could afford Burnett or Sean Jones, but just getting Canty would satisfy me.

He wants to come back and he said he expected something with the Cowboys to be done by now but since it isn't he's afraid that they wont be able to match the market for him.

I guess we can also hope that some of the front runners make different moves. Miami has already signed Gibril Wilson, Channing Crowder, and are still expected to sign Jason Brown and Yerimiah Bell -- They also already have Philip Merling (who they are playing at DE) and Kendall Langford.

The Redskins are seemingly willing to let all of their guys walk in order to acquire Albert Haynesworth. No way they are going to add fat Albert and Canty.

Does Tennessee become a player for Canty? Detroit? Would he want to go there?

If everything breaks right, we may still be able to get Canty for cheaper than expected.

Last edited by Burns336 : 02-26-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Default Bye Bye Brad

As expected, Johnson is gone...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...6FBC0DD2A4491C
Old 02-26-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Default Cap Space...

And I thought we had it bad!

Per Adam Schefter:

On the eve of free agency, some teams are positioned too well, and others not so well. Based on numbers gathered Thursday — and these are fluid, changing with each roster move that each team makes — here are the teams with the most and least salary-cap room heading into the start of free agency.

MOST
Tampa Bay — $61 million
Kansas City — $57 million
Philadelphia — $48 million
Denver — $37 million
Green Bay — $34 million

LEAST
Carolina — $1.9 million
New England — $3.2 million
Indianapolis — $6.6 million
Pittsburgh — $7.4 million
Washington — $8.1 million How are they going to sign Hanesworth?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

****, I forgot about Green Bay and Denver. Both of them could use Canty.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Canty is gone...the 3-4 is everywhere these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
yeah, Canty is gone...the 3-4 is everywhere these days.
I still have hope moth! With the new cap space available, I don't think its out of the question to get both Ware and Canty.

It would be the extent of our FA, but I'd be satisfied.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's not even worth it, imo. I love Canty, loved him ever since we drafted him but, he doesnt deserve that type of money.

He's pretty much come to grips with the fact that he wont be coming back and he's ready to get paid. Even if Dallas would have got into a bidding war, bidding against the Packers, who have over $30 million to spend, wouldnt have been a good idea. The Packers can def. give him a more attractive offer.

Free agent DL Chris Canty admitted Thursday that the odds of him returning to Dallas are slim to none.

"I would love to stay in Dallas," Canty said. "But I don’t think that the Cowboys are going to afford me that opportunity." Canty will get a lot more on the market than he would from Dallas. The Cowboys are right up against the cap.

-Rotoworld

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we saw more reports on what the status with Boley and Jones are...Boley I've read is getting interest from 3-4 teams...and Jones is a darkhorse around the NFL apparently. This is going to be a painful 24 hours.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we bring in Ray Ray in the next 48 hours.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've heard Boley and the Giants a lot.

I agree that Boley wouldnt look too bad here....size is a little scary but, he's pretty much exactly the same size as Donnie Edwards was in San Diego and his coverage ability would be quite a significant upgrade.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As for Ray...

A team source told ESPN's Matt Mosley early Thursday that the Cowboys are not strongly interested in free agent Ray Lewis.

Mosley doesn't rule out a deal, but says Dallas "hasn't even spent much time discussing" it. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome indicated Wednesday that the sides are still in talks. Lewis is expected to get upwards of $10M annually.

-Rotoworld

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've heard Boley and the Giants a lot.

I agree that Boley wouldnt look too bad here....size is a little scary but, he's pretty much exactly the same size as Donnie Edwards was in San Diego and his coverage ability would be quite a significant upgrade.
One thing that I like about Boley is his blitz ability.....he always impressed me when attacking the LOS...it's like his athleticism just takes him to the next level. I've heard CLE/TB/GB as teams that have been tied to him...no real sources tho...more of just he fits.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote