Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty = Balmer
Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Canty = Balmer
How do you figure?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Originally Posted by Macarthur
MOTH is right. Our cap hit would be about $9 million if released. His salary & bonuses if he stays would be about $8.3 million.

---

Hmm, so I was right. He says that the cap hit would be about $9m if he's released and less if he stays so obviously, it makes the most sense to just keep him.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
No thanks, I am sure he'd get hurt getting on the plane to fly out to San Francisco. If a team cuts a running back like him it means they are not going to be worth signing; think Shaun Alexander.

As for this TO contract buisness... I live in Texas and I already have to hear enough **** about the ******* Cowboys. It's bad enough my parents live right by their practice facility. I don't care. I root against them every game and the last thing I want to read about is more Cowboys ****. Please, stop.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
As for this TO contract buisness... I live in Texas and I already have to hear enough **** about the ******* Cowboys. It's bad enough my parents live right by their practice facility. I don't care. I root against them every game and the last thing I want to read about is more Cowboys ****. Please, stop.
Sorry. I wasnt the one who started the T.O. talk but I did continue it. T.O. is my favorite player so while most of you would be pissed off, I would be the happiest person here if he was come back to the 49ers. Enough said.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Sorry. I wasnt the one who started the T.O. talk but I did continue it. T.O. is my favorite player so while most of you would be pissed off, I would be the happiest person here if he was come back to the 49ers. Enough said.
I know, you have mentioned he is your favorite before.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur
MOTH is right. Our cap hit would be about $9 million if released. His salary & bonuses if he stays would be about $8.3 million.

---

Hmm, so I was right. He says that the cap hit would be about $9m if he's released and less if he stays so obviously, it makes the most sense to just keep him.
HAHA. OK. You act like my wife. Even when I prove her wrong, she still pretends to be right. Good one.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
HAHA. OK. You act like my wife. Even when I prove her wrong, she still pretends to be right. Good one.
Dude, I said that the cap hit would be $8m. The guy just said the same thing so please explain to me how im wrong?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, I said that the cap hit would be $8m. The guy just said the same thing so please explain to me how im wrong?
It's $8 million whether he's there or not. They'd only be taking on another $500-$700K to cut him. Your point was that cutting him would destroy their cap, but adding less than a million to their cap wouldn't effect them at all.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/019688.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrows
Now the big, big news ... new (actually old) unis. CEO Andy Dolich titillated the crowd last night by telling it, "don't be surprised if you see championship colors back in the future." I'm under the impression that "the future" is 2010, but both the team and the league are being coy about the subject. Maybe there's going to be a big reveal this summer ...
If they said this summer that the 80's unis are coming back, I'm going to be so pumped.

Also, if you two want to bicker about the Cowboys, use the Private Message function on the forum.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

when the hell are sf brass going to cut jennings, roman, franklin, brooks, and d.foster?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
when the hell are sf brass going to cut jennings, roman, franklin, brooks, and d.foster?
Franklin isnt getting cut. He was the starting NT for the majority of the season and played okay down the stretch. Give it time, anyway, they dont have to make all their cuts in February.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Also, if you two want to bicker about the Cowboys, use the Private Message function on the forum.
Nah, there isn't enough internet gratification when destroying someone through PM :)

Old 02-17-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dan and Chapo would both dissapear I would be happy.

I thought we were supposed to have new uni's for 2009?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Also a thought I had. If the Bengals have Chad Johnson on the trading block for a 3rd round pick or lower I think we should really consider it. If he comes back healthy he could do the same thing Moss did two years ago.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
It's $8 million whether he's there or not. They'd only be taking on another $500-$700K to cut him. Your point was that cutting him would destroy their cap, but adding less than a million to their cap wouldn't effect them at all.
Ah, okay. My mistake. I gotcha now.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
If Dan and Chapo would both dissapear I would be happy.
DUDE!!! I'm going to stay here FOREVER and EVER!!! LOL.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
Also a thought I had. If the Bengals have Chad Johnson on the trading block for a 3rd round pick or lower I think we should really consider it. If he comes back healthy he could do the same thing Moss did two years ago.
WOW!!! Hates T.O. but would trade for Chad Johnson??? You've got to be kidding me???
Old 02-17-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123
I would keep Franklin and Brooks. Isnt Foster a UFA? If so, he wount be re-signed. I agree with you about Jennings and Roman.

Of course, they could wait to release them which isnt a bad idea because it will give teams the impression that they're NOT going after an OT or FS in free agency and/or the draft.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
it will give teams the impression that they're NOT going after an OT or FS in free agency and/or the draft.
To assume we aren't would be foolish as everyone knows we're going to try and replace those two.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
To assume we aren't would be foolish as everyone knows we're going to try and replace those two.
True but this time of year, every team lies about what they will be doing in regards to FA and the draft.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
True but this time of year, every team lies about what they will be doing in regards to FA and the draft.
That's what he just said.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Man_Law_99

Looks like the new unis are on the way ...this year

http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=426
Old 02-17-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would chad johnson over TO. Chad is definitely egocentric, but TO makes him look tame. Would only have to deal with his touchdown dances and calling out the other team. He would not throw the team under the bus and sulk constantly.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Law_99 View Post
Looks like the new unis are on the way ...this year

http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=426
Yep, it's official:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...is-season.html

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/019707.html