Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-18-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ors/index.html

So long Fat Al. I'll miss ya buddy. Just got to an NFC team please. :(
Old 02-19-2009, 06:31 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basically i think its a case of, he will get the biggest offer ask tennessee to match it and if they dont he goes
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans franchised Bo Scaife today according to ESPN radio.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also signed Rob Bironas to a multiyear deal. Hooray!!

Scaife getting tagged is meh to me. Hopefully it will allow them to re-sign some of the DB's in Eric King, Chris Carr, and Vinny Fuller.

I don't think Haynesworth is out of Nashville yet. Obviously, not signing him yet is not a good thing. But, maybe him hitting the open market will allow him and the Titans to see what his market value is worth. I think if the Titans give AH a competitive offer, he'll stay in Tennessee. We'll see though. This could either make Reinfeldt look like a genius or an idiot. According to his past though, MR has usually come out on top.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah we still have some work to do with free-agents before the open-market. By my count it's still;
-Kerry Collins
-Chris Simms
-Brandon Jones
-Daniel Loper?
-Mike Otto?
-Kevin Vickerson?
-Chris Carr
-Eric King
-Reynaldo Hill
-Vince Fuller
-Craig Hentrich

I know we definitely won't re-sign all of those guys but that's a pretty big list left.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Yeah we still have some work to do with free-agents before the open-market. By my count it's still;
-Kerry Collins
-Chris Simms
-Brandon Jones
-Daniel Loper?
-Mike Otto?
-Kevin Vickerson?
-Chris Carr
-Eric King
-Reynaldo Hill
-Vince Fuller
-Craig Hentrich

I know we definitely won't re-sign all of those guys but that's a pretty big list left.
From that list, I hope we re-sign Kerry Collins, Brandon Jones, Kevin Vickerson, Chris Carr, and Eric King.

Chris Simms is a decent backup QB; however, I can't fathom why so many Titans' fans think that he's the solution at QB (aside from the lineage). He's expressed interest in going to the Bears (reported on ESPN) and that's perfectly fine with me.

Daniel Loper has some versatility which is nice, but I'm confident that Munchak (given his track record) could draft & develop someone to replace him. Vince Fuller's also versatile for us, but again, I think he's a tweener who can be replaced via the draft.

I think Hentrich is done. Great player for us but age/injuries seem to have caught up to him. I don't think he'll be re-signed and he may even retire.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
-Kerry Collins
-Chris Simms
-Brandon Jones
-Daniel Loper?
-Mike Otto?
-Kevin Vickerson?
-Chris Carr
-Eric King
-Reynaldo Hill
-Vince Fuller
-Craig Hentrich

Those are the guys I'd like for us to re-sign. I'd rather not have to waste draft picks on o-lineman when we can just re-sign our own guys even though I'm confident Munchak could work with just about anything and make them good. Reynaldo Hill is worthless and I think Hentrich is done as well. We need Carr and King back though IMO for depth though. Collins is obvious. Simms would just be a waste IMO since I doubt we'll carry 3 QBs again. Vickerson is important if we lose Haynesworth. Vuller is also a depth thing. I wouldn't mind us re-singing Jones either, but I wouldn't miss him if we didn't.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collins would be a good signing, and I prefer him over Simms.

Daniel Loper is excellent depth, and can play OT and OG. Otto is unproven, so I can't say for sure. I'd prefer Loper over Otto, definitely.

I think from a talent standpoint, Brandon Jones is the most gifted WR on the roster. I want to bring him back unless we draft a WR early. Then he becomes expendable.

I think it's imperative to keep Kevin Vickerson. He's no scrub DT depth anymore.

I'd prefer to keep Eric King and Chris Carr, and allow Vincent Fuller and Reynaldo Hill to leave in FA. I think King is the best among the four, and Carr's ability to play CB, FS, and handle PR/KR duties makes him valuable.

Gonna be sad to see Craig Hentrich go if we don't re-sign him. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hentrich will retire. I wonder if the Titans will actually use a draft pick to replace him or go the free-agency route?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titans up their offer to Haynesworth.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/ne...iewStory=66270

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Titans up their offer to Haynesworth.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/ne...iewStory=66270
This is very good news.. We still have like 5 days to get this beast under contract before some d-bag GM offers him a ridiculous amount that Reinfeldt won't reciprocate. Hopefully...
Old 02-24-2009, 03:30 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I hope they re-sign Al, but if not, Jarron Gilbert seems like a match made in heaven in the 2nd RD.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm gonna protest outside of Reinfeldt's office next offseason if letting Haynesworth go harms our SB chances. We're an elite team with the window still open and plenty of cap room and we just let our best player walk without even much of a fight. Reinfeldt better know what he's doing. I was impressed with Jason Jones and K. Vick, but the jury is still out. I still don't want us to use a high draft pick on a DT even after this.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im glad we didnt fork our that much money out for him...thats too much money for a liability (if not in a contract year)
Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

In my opinion, this is a bitter sweet loss.

I would have loved to sign him, but I don't think he'll be the same DT when he leaves Washburn and the DL. He went to the NFC, so he's out of the conference. Plus, we should be getting at least a 3rd RD compensatory pick after losing him...maybe even a 2nd RD pick.

I hate losing him, but I trust MR.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

If the Titans can somehow sign Canty tomorrow it would be a nice replacement. Not saying Big Al can be replaced but a 26 year old 6'7'' 300 lb D Lineman with some talent could thrive under Washburn.
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Nate Washington will be visiting the Titans. http://tennessean.com/article/200902...30/1002/SPORTS

Chris Canty was supposed to visit tomorrow, but the Titans have called it off for some reason.

We're also supposed to be interested in Jovan Haye.

It's the most, wonderful time of the yeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrr....

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titans agree to terms with Vinny Fuller!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20.../90227053/1027

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

love the nate washington prospect finally give us a speedster
Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
In my opinion, this is a bitter sweet loss.

I would have loved to sign him, but I don't think he'll be the same DT when he leaves Washburn and the DL. He went to the NFC, so he's out of the conference. Plus, we should be getting at least a 3rd RD compensatory pick after losing him...maybe even a 2nd RD pick.

I hate losing him, but I trust MR.
I think the highest compensatory picks that are given out are 3rd rounders. I think.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
love the nate washington prospect finally give us a speedster
I'm fine with Nate Washington as long as management doesn't feel like he'll solve their WR problems. Nate and then another WR with a legit shot at being #1 would be cool.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

nate washington and kenny britt (yes that sound you just heard was steaming hot lady spunk lol)
Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
nate washington and kenny britt (yes that sound you just heard was steaming hot lady spunk lol)
Hakeem Nicks is the perfect compliment to Nate Washington. ;)
Old 02-27-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I love me some Hakeem Nicks! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDM
I think the highest compensatory picks that are given out are 3rd rounders. I think.
True, but when was the last time a FA signed a 7-year/$100-million contract somewhere else?

Maybe two 3rd RD picks?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Also, we re-signed Kerry Collins.

2-years/$15 million/$8.5 million guaranteed.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.