Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
snuff

Are we allowed to debate Scientology? I don't think that is really a religion. Its more of a life style and philosophy, and the best one in existence at that.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have a political discussion on this board, but it's just not possible. It'd get ugly real quick. I mean I'd be ok and I wouldn't get heated, but I know some other people on here would have a short fuse on this subject.

I think the only way we could do it would be to make a Liberal, a Conservative, an Independent, etc thread for each politcal view. And you post in the topic where your political views fall. But even that could get ugly.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
I'd love to have a political discussion on this board, but it's just not possible. It'd get ugly real quick. I mean I'd be ok and I wouldn't get heated, but I know some other people on here would have a short fuse on this subject.

I think the only way we could do it would be to make a Liberal, a Conservative, an Independent, etc thread for each politcal view. And you post in the topic where your political views fall. But even that could get ugly.
That might work, to an extent. There would have to be strict regulations regarding coming into threads of opposing ideologys, and flat out critisising peoples view. I'd like to think I'd be capable of not belittling people and their views, however others may be more attacking.

We've had certain threads that have skimmed around politics/religion, and not all of them have resulted in huge arguments
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, I just think that the mods would have to create special sets of rules for such discussions. Give probations for those who come into such threads trying to pick a fight. After a little while almost all of the posts in those threads are going to have some sort of purpose (or at least be civil).
Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd love to have a political discussion thread since i already have a raging boner for the 2008 election. but, i understand why the mods/admins/scott would be nervouse about it....it's a personal subject.

maybe if there were a strictly enforced 0 tolerance policy for personal attacks it could work.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
I don't know, I just think that the mods would have to create special sets of rules for such discussions. Give probations for those who come into such threads trying to pick a fight. After a little while almost all of the posts in those threads are going to have some sort of purpose (or at least be civil).
It's harder to pick those out than you think.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
I doubt it would work. I've been on another site with a similar format and people just can't keep to their own thread. Someone always has to bash the other party's view or "defend" theirs.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
It's harder to pick those out than you think.
Not saying it is easy, but you have a pretty good user-base to make it work. I've seen it done in much harder situations.