Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Marvin Harrison?

So the word out of Indy is that Harrison is going to be cut and let go. What would the Eagles fans think of bringing him in to help McNabb and Jackson in the passing game???
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh, I'm so-so. I think if he doesn't re-sign with the Colts he may just retire. He really lost a step last year and that concerns me. There are a few good reasons why he'd come here (College with McNabb, lives in Philly, etc.) but I'm not sure if this is really that likely. He isn't really a good fit for the WCO, he isn't much of a YAC guy who will break tackles. In fact, he's known more for protecting his body than YAC.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

Only if he doesn't shoot anybody
Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Ehh, I'm so-so. I think if he doesn't re-sign with the Colts he may just retire. He really lost a step last year and that concerns me. There are a few good reasons why he'd come here (College with McNabb, lives in Philly, etc.) but I'm not sure if this is really that likely. He isn't really a good fit for the WCO, he isn't much of a YAC guy who will break tackles. In fact, he's known more for protecting his body than YAC.
on this team I'm more concerned with the receiver catching the ball, breaking tackles and getting YAC is a bonus.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:12 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
on this team I'm more concerned with the receiver catching the ball, breaking tackles and getting YAC is a bonus.
I would agree which is really why I thought of him as a good fit here.

All the other stuff also gave to my thought he would want to come here, but his ability to create YAC is the main reason. With Jackson who can stretch the field and Westbrook as a release valve out of the backfield a guy like Marvin might not be a bad fit for a 2 year incentive laden contract. Give him the minimum for a Vet and LOAD up the incentives like crazy and see what he can do.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I would agree which is really why I thought of him as a good fit here.

All the other stuff also gave to my thought he would want to come here, but his ability to create YAC is the main reason. With Jackson who can stretch the field and Westbrook as a release valve out of the backfield a guy like Marvin might not be a bad fit for a 2 year incentive laden contract. Give him the minimum for a Vet and LOAD up the incentives like crazy and see what he can do.
Although Avant really started to emerge in the playoffs as a go to guy to make the catch and move the chains. He doesn't offer much in terms of YAC either, but at this point in his career Marvin Harrison isn't worth the price tag if Avant is developing as I expect.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Although Avant really started to emerge in the playoffs as a go to guy to make the catch and move the chains. He doesn't offer much in terms of YAC either, but at this point in his career Marvin Harrison isn't worth the price tag if Avant is developing as I expect.
Agreed, Harrison wouldn' be a major upgrade over the corp we have. We really only need a WR if they are going to be a #1 threat, we have enough 2s, 3s, and 4s, and another won't improve our WR situation at this time.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote