Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post

I love this movie!!!
Haha Yes!

The scene where they brake that dudes back on the fire hydrant is classic.

Dope movie holmes.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BlueGoldGreen
Rookie

BlueGoldGreen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

any Donnie Brasco fans in here? What about Death Wish?
BlueGoldGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoldGreen View Post
Both. Donnie Brasco was excellent.

Last edited by MaxV : 02-19-2009 at 09:55 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ace Venture When Nature Calls is on CMT

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great movie or Greatest movie?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Aronofsky is my favorite... no respect!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spoiler***********
If you want to see, this guy has a few 1 minute scenes from WATCHMEN

Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Funny People trailer is out and it looks great.

Postal Service FTW.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The Funny People trailer is out and it looks great.

Postal Service FTW.
Eric Bana is awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Eric Bana is awesome.
If any of us get laid tonight, it's because of Eric Bana in Munich

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoldGreen View Post
Loved Donnie Brasco. Very good film.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little last minute, but I'm finally working through some of the nominated movies now and just finished up Frost/Nixon, and Langella beasted it. Great movie, but I still have Slumdog over it right now.

I'll probably catch the Reader and Milk tomorrow, so I'll be fully updated by Sunday, just in time for the show.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone seen "Once Upon a Time in America"? I've heard mixed reviews. On the surface it looks amazing with DeNiro, Pesci, Sergio Leone in a mob movie. I've heard from some that it is great but others say it long and is hard to get into. Any thoughts?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Southland Tales was on earlier...I dont know why but, I sat down and watched it for a while, having not seen it in a while.

and....

It is still a piece of garbage...I mean seriously what a horrible, horrible movie. Whoever did the casting needs to enter a new profession. Did they intentional put 15-20 of the most annoying/terrible actors in one movie? WTH were they thinking? The only thing this movie has going for it is a pretty decent soundtrack, other than that...a total waste of time and money. It pains me to see Kevin Smith in this crap. Honestly, Southland Tales is one of the crappiest and most boring/unengaging movies I've ever seen. Just terrible. Why anyone would want to take part in such a project after reading the script is beyond me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Anyone seen "Once Upon a Time in America"? I've heard mixed reviews. On the surface it looks amazing with DeNiro, Pesci, Sergio Leone in a mob movie. I've heard from some that it is great but others say it long and is hard to get into. Any thoughts?
I think it is a brilliant film. I enjoyed it as much as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Great performances by all of the actors, one of my all time favorite scores, and Leone at the top of his game made for an incredible and unique mobster movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So, Southland Tales was on earlier...I dont know why but, I sat down and watched it for a while, having not seen it in a while.

and....

It is still a piece of garbage...I mean seriously what a horrible, horrible movie. Whoever did the casting needs to enter a new profession. Did they intentional put 15-20 of the most annoying/terrible actors in one movie? WTH were they thinking? The only thing this movie has going for it is a pretty decent soundtrack, other than that...a total waste of time and money. It pains me to see Kevin Smith in this crap. Honestly, Southland Tales is one of the crappiest and most boring/unengaging movies I've ever seen. Just terrible. Why anyone would want to take part in such a project after reading the script is beyond me.
From what I hear the script was fantastic when Kelly first finished it. The movie underwent a huge amount of changes though and I think the movie ended up being worse because of that. I actually thought some of the casting was great (mostly very minor characters like the dude from The Princess Bride and the midget from Poltergeist). I did not hate it near as much as you did but I didn't really like it either. I was kept entertained just because the whole movie was so out there but because I wasn't able to really 'get' it like I did Donnie Darko I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie. I still am glad I watched it but I still think it was sort of a letdown.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this on Super Hero Hype's forums and just had to share it (although it may be old, hell if I know):

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just came home with these used movies:

Old 02-22-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rvuTLRZeZk
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Not really predictions, but more of what I like to see tonight.

Best Picture
Slumdog Millionaire Christian Colson

Best Director
Danny Boyle Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actor
Frank Langella Frost/Nixon

Best Actress
Kate Winslet The Reader

Best Supporting Actor
Heath Ledger The Dark Knight

Best Supporting Actress
Taraji P. Henson The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Original Screenplay
Milk

Best Adapted Screenplay
Slumdog Millionaire

Best Animated Feature
WALL-E

Best Art Direction

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Cinematography

Best Original Song

"O Saya" Slumdog Millionaire; A.R. Rahman and MIA

Best Visual Effects
Old 02-22-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Springsteen wins for the Wrestler and Wall-e wins for original screenplay.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I hope Springsteen wins for the Wrestler and Wall-e wins for original screenplay.
I do not believe Springsteen was even nominated.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I do not believe Springsteen was even nominated.
Nope, and it's a damned shame

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slumdog is the most overrated movie I have ever seen

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I guess I just assumed. Shows how closely I've been following the Academy Awards lol.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Slumdog is the most overrated movie I have ever seen
Even with the Titanic on the table?