Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Slumdog being overrated, but I'm not a person to break down a movie for all its intricacies. I couldn't get into the story I watched the whole thing I just couldn't fall in love with it like most people have.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I agree with Slumdog being overrated, but I'm not a person to break down a movie for all its intricacies. I couldn't get into the story I watched the whole thing I just couldn't fall in love with it like most people have.
seriously, here is the movie

Millionaire
Flashback
Millionaire
Flashback
Millionaire
Montage
Flash Back
Montage
Millionaire
Train
End

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really want to see all these movies, or at least The Wrestler and Slumdog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Millionaire
Flashback
Millionaire
Flashback
Millionaire
Montage
Flash Back
Montage
Millionaire
Train
End
Yeah those flashbacks constantly popping up were quite annoying I do like a little flow to my movie the constant flashbacks made it hard because by the end of the flashback I would forget what was happening in the present.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Millionaire
Flashback
Millionaire
Flashback
Millionaire
Montage
Flash Back
Montage
Millionaire
Train
End
So? It was their story structure and it didn't seem any more annoying or disruptive than any of the typical story structure conventions of Hollywood films.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't love Slumdog although it was very good. I don't think it or anything else I've seen is worthy of best picture, although Benjamin Button comes the closest. Nothing like last year when I thought TWBB more than deserved best picture, actor, and director.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The Funny People trailer is out and it looks great.

Postal Service FTW.
That trailer was like the spark notes version of a movie. It looked horrible too, and I am an Apatow fan.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are actual predictions

Best Picture

Slumdog Millionaire

Best Director
Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actor
Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler

Best Actress
Kate Winslet for The Reader

Best Supporting Actor
Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight

Best Supporting Actress
Penelope Cruz for Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Best Original Screenplay
Milk by Dustin Lance Black

Best Adapted Screenplay
Slumdog Millionaire by Simon Beaufoy

Best Animated Feature
WALL-E

Best Foreign Feature

Waltz with Bashir

Best Cinematography

Slumdog Millionaire (Because people LOOOOOVE Slumdog...)

Best Musical Score

Best Original Song

"Jaiho" by A.R Rahman for Slumdog Millionaire

Best Costumes

The Duchess

Best Art Direction

Benjamin Button

Best Editing

Best Makeup

Benjamin Button

Best Visuals

Benjamin Button (Only because they couldnt find a way to slip Slumdog in here)

If Slumdog wins Sound Mixing and Editing earlier, theyll sweep. Simply because they dont deserve those 2 wins at ALL over WALLE and TDK, but will probably get them.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you guys Slumdog was awesome. That said I think TCCOBB has most of the technical categories locked up. If it doesn't win Best Cinematography I'll be shocked.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slumdog was very good, but jesus christ its getting WAY too much love for things that it wasnt that strong in. Im surprised they didnt find a way to get Patel and Pinto nominated.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vanessa Hudgens looks like a freaking mermaid...how the hell do women walk in dresses like that?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Vanessa Hudgens looks like a freaking mermaid...how the hell do women walk in dresses like that?
They dont shes actually wearing roller skates under that..
Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
They dont shes actually wearing roller skates under that..
ooooooooohhhhhhh

makes sense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I saw the movie "Taken" today. Probably one of the best movie I've seen in a long time. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes action movies.

And also...prostitutes. Lol.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
So I saw the movie "Taken" today. Probably one of the best movie I've seen in a long time. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes action movies.

Yes I loved it aswell that dudes just badass...
Old 02-22-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha Jackman is crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most opening numbers are horrible, but this one takes it to a whole new level of suckness.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate Jackman. that sucked.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I like Jackman but, that is something i could have done without.

Eww, Tilda Swinton.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Whats so good about award shows? If I like the movie thats a big enough award for me.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post

yeah not really something that's going to win an oscar, but it entertained me for two hours.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Cruise picks up supporting actress?

Quote:

Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Oh come on people. The Jackman opening was so win!

trkaline, good for you.

Cruz! 1 for 1.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Dustin Lance Black.

2 for 2.

Edit:

Simon Beaufoy.

3 for 3.

Double Edit:

Wall-E.

4 for 4.

Last edited by comahan : 02-22-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

I was actually hoping for an answer because I personally don't understand the obsession but that will do.