Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why the Nets would trade Kidd for Shaun Livingston, unless there's something they hate about Marcus Williams.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
I hope the Sonics trade Rashard. I don't want to just trade him to trade him, as I'd want pretty good value, but still. Get a bunch of guys for the future, or even a pick. Does anyone know of any other teams potentially interested in him beyond the Knicks?
I heard that the Sonics werent interested in trading Allen or Lewis.
They're interested in trading Rashard if they can get good value, because not only are they not the biggest spenders, but it's evident that with Hill as coach and the pieces they currently have in place, there isn't much good that will come of re-signing him anyway. They're content with keeping him though, but if they can get some young guys with potential, they'll just as easily do that.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DARKO returns to Detroit TONIGHT.

I think this is his first game back.. It's already been a year since we traded him. That was one of the darkest days in my life.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD

I think this is his first game back.. It's already been a year since we traded him. That was one of the darkest days in my life.
Then where does the Pistons picking Darko over Wade, Melo and Bosh rank?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Sexophonic Delight
Quote:

Darko was the player I wanted all along. We had a SG in Rip Hamilton, a SF in Tayshaun Prince.. It seemed like only the Pistons and some of their fans knew he'd barely play his first year or two. Anyways, I think it worked out just fine for us.. We traded for Rasheed Wallace, and won the NBA Championship that year.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

THE CURSE OF DARKO!!!!

The Magic will prevail!!! Watch out for Darko... He's coming off a 21point, 8 rebound, 2 block game!

Thank you Larry Brown! Thank you!!!

Orlando's Darko Milicic, who played his first two NBA seasons under Brown in Detroit, blames the former Knick coach for stalling his development and hamstringing his career. "I thought he did. I was supposed to get a chance in Detroit, but I didn't," Milicic, the 7-foot center who came to Orlando along with Carlos Arroyo in a trade last February, said last night. "He was supposed to give me a chance to see what I could do, but he didn't. All I was expecting was a chance if nothing else, but it didn't happen and now I'm here and I'm happy."
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Darko was the player I wanted all along. We had a SG in Rip Hamilton, a SF in Tayshaun Prince.. It seemed like only the Pistons and some of their fans knew he'd barely play his first year or two. Anyways, I think it worked out just fine for us.. We traded for Rasheed Wallace, and won the NBA Championship that year.
Yeah, you won one woulda been more with one of the fore mentioned players.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not with Larry Brown. Brown would've turned Bosh into Travis Outlaw.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not with Larry Brown. Brown would've turned Bosh into Travis Outlaw.
just think... The pistons draft Bosh, never play him than trade him to the Magic. A front court of Bosh and Howard :shock:
Old 02-21-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If Dwight and Darko were in college Darko they both would be Juniors. Both are still 21. Their NBA futures are so bright, it's blinding. Just wait till they fill out. It's gonna be scary when they're 25 years old.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The reasons said earlier is exactly why I hate Larry Brown being involved in the 76ers at all. When Mo is gone Larry will probably be the coach. He'll have a couple of really talented young players. And they wont play, and he'll trade them for proven veterans like Kurt Thomas.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Calderon is the best player in NBA history.

Calderon > Jordan
Old 02-21-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic GM, Otis Smith told an Orlando radio station today... that they have zero intentions of trading tomorrow. Ugh.........he better be lying, oh please. This team doesnt have enough right now and there schedule is hell from this point on. Make a move! Currently sitting in 7th place, it seems as though the Knicks and Nets have the most realistic shot to catch them before season's end. It wouldnt take that much to stay a float, just make a move.

*Side Note*

Magic coach, Brian Hill has come out and said... Even when Tony Battie returns, Darko will remain the starting PF. I love this move... we have to know what we have in him. All I know right now is, Otis Smith contradicts himself all the time when it comes to Darko... his future is still very unclear in Orlando.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Magic are getting killed... 27-28 after tonight... once again... under .500.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Magic GM, Otis Smith told an Orlando radio station today... that they have zero intentions of trading tomorrow. Ugh.........he better be lying, oh please. This team doesnt have enough right now and there schedule is hell from this point on. Make a move! Currently sitting in 7th place, it seems as though the Knicks and Nets have the most realistic shot to catch them before season's end. It wouldnt take that much to stay a float, just make a move.

*Side Note*

Magic coach, Brian Hill has come out and said... Even when Tony Battie returns, Darko will remain the starting PF. I love this move... we have to know what we have in him. All I know right now is, Otis Smith contradicts himself all the time when it comes to Darko... his future is still very unclear in Orlando.
I don't want a move to be made. The names around the Carter trade is Darko, Ariza, Reddick or Hedo. Why give any of that up if we can get Carter this summer with our own cap?

Yeah, Darko will start here on out. Even Otis has said that.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

85-84 DAMMMMMMMNNNNNN
Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
85-84 DAMMMMMMMNNNNNN
Yeah this is a close game.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

*Side Note*

I don't want a move to be made. The names around the Carter trade is Darko, Ariza, Reddick or Hedo. Why give any of that up if we can get Carter this summer with our own cap?

I'm not even talking about Carter here. Apparently... well according to NBA TV... Otis Smith has no interest in VC and I dont mean for just this season... he doesnt want him on the team. They were talking about it today... they do not want to bring in another star to impede Dwight's growth. Doesnt seem smart at all, IMO. I really think the Dwight we've been seeing over the past two weeks is what Dwight is now. I think he's finally arrived offensivily.... bringing in another star is not going to make that disappear, if anything it would only help him. I'm really starting to question, Otis Smith's decision making over the past few months. It's sad to because, he has started out so well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In typical Knicks fashion, the knickerbockers followup a big win against Orlando, with a 20 point loss against the mighty 76'ers, including a 30 point performance by Kyler Korver...
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
ccB
All-NFLDC

I think the magic need a trade. Otherwise they arent going nowhere but down.
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kidd to the Lakers...

hopefully

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58
Kidd to the Lakers...

hopefully
Not happening from what I hear. The nets wont do it without Bynum involved and the Lakers wont give up Bynum.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Sick put back by Varajeo
Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*Side Note*

I'm not even talking about Carter here. Apparently... well according to NBA TV... Otis Smith has no interest in VC and I dont mean for just this season... he doesnt want him on the team. They were talking about it today... they do not want to bring in another star to impede Dwight's growth. Doesnt seem smart at all, IMO. I really think the Dwight we've been seeing over the past two weeks is what Dwight is now. I think he's finally arrived offensivily.... bringing in another star is not going to make that disappear, if anything it would only help him. I'm really starting to question, Otis Smith's decision making over the past few months. It's sad to because, he has started out so well.
Don't believe everything you read. A lot of it is posturing as well. They are simply communicating what they want relayed to their competition.

Otis is a good GM. He hasn't made a single mistake yet. Have faith.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Sick put back by Varajeo
he can dunk?