Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Quote:
Magic GM, Otis Smith told an Orlando radio station today... that they have zero intentions of trading tomorrow. Ugh.........he better be lying, oh please. This team doesnt have enough right now and there schedule is hell from this point on. Make a move! Currently sitting in 7th place, it seems as though the Knicks and Nets have the most realistic shot to catch them before season's end. It wouldnt take that much to stay a float, just make a move.

*Side Note*

Magic coach, Brian Hill has come out and said... Even when Tony Battie returns, Darko will remain the starting PF. I love this move... we have to know what we have in him. All I know right now is, Otis Smith contradicts himself all the time when it comes to Darko... his future is still very unclear in Orlando.
I don't want a move to be made. The names around the Carter trade is Darko, Ariza, Reddick or Hedo. Why give any of that up if we can get Carter this summer with our own cap?

Yeah, Darko will start here on out. Even Otis has said that.
I'm not even talking about Carter here. Apparently... well according to NBA TV... Otis Smith has no interest in VC and I dont mean for just this season... he doesnt want him on the team. They were talking about it today... they do not want to bring in another star to impede Dwight's growth. Doesnt seem smart at all, IMO. I really think the Dwight we've been seeing over the past two weeks is what Dwight is now. I think he's finally arrived offensivily.... bringing in another star is not going to make that disappear, if anything it would only help him. I'm really starting to question, Otis Smith's decision making over the past few months. It's sad to because, he has started out so well.
Don't believe everything you read. A lot of it is posturing as well. They are simply communicating what they want relayed to their competition.

Otis is a good GM. He hasn't made a single mistake yet. Have faith.
They need to make some sort of move if they want to make a serious run. Right now they are falling out of playoff contention and they need something to get them playing good again.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Sick put back by Varajeo
he can dunk?
Hes like 6'10 of course he can dunk.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAMNIT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Cavs win on the Varejao put back.....Youll see that one on Sportscenter tonight.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sick put back by Varajeo
he can dunk?
I wasnt aware. that 7'9 chinese guy cant dunk. i judt thought he was like that guy.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the magic need a trade. Otherwise they arent going nowhere but down.
Give me Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin for Grant Hill and Jameer Nelson. Trade makes total sense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if the Magic dont make a move, we do have something to fall back on.

The much anticipated return of Trevor Ariza.

That being said... i still would be more comfortable making a move... as long as it didnt involve... Nelson, Darko, or Ariza.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Give me Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin for Grant Hill and Jameer Nelson. Trade makes total sense.
Jameer was really disappointing me this season, he looked exceptional at time last season. Luckily he's starting play well again.

As for guys, i'm willing to let go...

Hill... oft-injured, expiring contract

Turkoglu... Awful decision making this season, having an awful season, Ariza will probably start as early as next year

Redick... Can't make his own shot, zero defensive ability, I like him but, if he was the key to get a Reshard Lewis or a Gerald Wallace... It wouldnt pain me to see him go.

Arroyo... Great player but, Diener's potential makes him expendable, IMO.

Then the obvious role players are expendable... Outlaw, Garrity,

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sick put back by Varajeo
he can dunk?
He's probably just used to Varejao flopping.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sick put back by Varajeo
he can dunk?
He's probably just used to Varejao flopping.
I did watch him play as much as i would watch his hair.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Wow bucks make up a 6 pt deficit with 20 some seconds on the clock. Michael Redd made a lay up than Charlie Bell just stole an imbound pass and hit a 3 to tie the game.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That being said... i still would be more comfortable making a move... as long as it didnt involve... Nelson, Darko, or Ariza.
He's our Bob Sanders.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

He's our Bob Sanders.
:D

Only a week and half away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Damn Ginobli had 40 tonight.

Surprise, surprise the only players scoring on the magic are Howard and Nelson. Howard has 22 and 13 and Jameer has 14 points. Perhaps this could show Otis how we really stack up against the East's elite. Start hitting the phones. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jameer was really disappointing me this season, he looked exceptional at time last season. Luckily he's starting play well again.

Turkoglu... Awful decision making this season, having an awful season, Ariza will probably start as early as next year

Redick... Can't make his own shot, zero defensive ability, I like him but, if he was the key to get a Reshard Lewis or a Gerald Wallace... It wouldnt pain me to see him go.

Uh ah. Turk is a playa. He makes mistakes, but he's playing in the wrong role. He should be a 6th man. That's how he worked best in Sacramento. He's our Boris Diaw. He starts because Ariza is still young. Ariza will be our Shawn Marion when he blossoms. ;) Redick is also a keeper... unless he gets us one of those 2 players. Arroyo is our best PG. Sad but true. Diener's potential? What is that?

Nelson has to go.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uh ah. Turk is a playa. He makes mistakes, but he's playing in the wrong role. He should be a 6th man. That's how he worked best in Sacramento. He's our Boris Diaw. He starts because Ariza is still young. Ariza will be our Shawn Marion when he blossoms. ;) Redick is also a keeper... unless he gets us one of those 2 players. Arroyo is our best PG. Sad but true. Diener's potential? What is that?

Nelson has to go.
Yeah I was about to say before Diener is nothing special. Hes an undersized SG trying to make it as a PG. Arroyo is better by alot. Arroyo is a true PG too.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nelson has to go.
Granted it was the pre season but, did you get see any of them? Diener was lighting everyone up. Throwing down 20+ everynight and 6+ assists. Teams have come calling but, Otis holds in him in high regard, too bad we dont play him. I do agree that Arroyo has been the better of the two (in comparison to Nelson) this season but, he isnt that great a decision maker either... i could do without both to be honest. I also agree Turk should be a sixth man and yeah he doesnt really fit well playing the two. I was liking our situation a lot more at the end of last season... what happened? ugh.

Comparing us to the Suns D... :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Magic gave us Nelson, Redick, and an expiring contract, I'd definitely give up Rashard.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

More Magic...

I really dont think Brian Hill is the right man to coach this team.
Our offense is too damn methodical and he depends too much on the two point guard offense. I mean seriously... we have two of the biggest/strongest men in the league in Dwight and Darko... just get the big men the ball. Gotta play inside out, it will open up the threes and the mid range jumpers... we do have some exceptional shooters on this team, it's about time we use them to there strengths. We would be so much better than we are now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
If the Magic gave us Nelson, Redick, and an expiring contract, I'd definitely give up Rashard.
LOL... Why would the Magic do that? Rashard is going to opt out this summer. They can get him without giving up any players.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
LOL... Why would the Magic do that? Rashard is going to opt out this summer. They can get him without giving up any players.
Well, you'd have the security of getting him for sure opposed to assuming you could get him in the off-season, considering the Magic don't have first dibs on everyone. I was just bringing it up because I saw talk about Nelson and Redick being expendable and Rashard's name being brought up.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
More Magic...

Our offense is too damn methodical and he depends too much on the two point guard offense. I mean seriously... we have two of the biggest/strongest men in the league in Dwight and Darko... just get the big men the ball. Gotta play inside out, it will open up the threes and the mid range jumpers... we do have some exceptional shooters on this team, it's about time we use them to there strengths. We would be so much better than we are now.
I hated the Hill signing from the start. Who rehires someone they fired in the past??? It's unprecedented!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
More Magic...

I hated the Hill signing from the start. Who rehires someone they fired in the past??? It's unprecedented!
Agreed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, you'd have the security of getting him for sure opposed to assuming you could get him in the off-season, considering the Magic don't have first dibs on everyone. I was just bringing it up because I saw talk about Nelson and Redick being expendable and Rashard's name being brought up.
Actually, you don't really get security because he can opt out even after they trade for him. Which is the most likely scenario for any team that would trade for him.

Yeah, the Magic don't get first dibs, but the cap allows them to pick and choose their targets.

The Magic are better off staying put unless a really good deal is offered.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Well, then you could sign him long-term, but I see what you're saying.

In any case, it's all just wishful thinking. I know the Sonics will only find ways to make themselves worse, most likely by doing nothing with Rashard and then letting him walk.