Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
How real do you think it is? I've been accused of coming up with some UNREAL drafts like impossible unreal.
Barwin's probably worked himself into the first day. Jennings would be a great get in the 4th but could be gone by then and Taylor should go in the first 5.

That would be a hell of a draft, though.
AS11toFG21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. OT Michael Oher, Miss
2. FS Louis Delmas, Western Michigan
3. OLB/DE Connor Barwin, Cincy
4. HB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
5. QB Stephen McGee, Texas A&M
6. DT Terrence Taylor, Michigan
7. FB Quinn Johnson, LSU
Quote:
How real do you think it is? I've been accused of coming up with some UNREAL drafts like impossible unreal.
1. Michael Oher - In my mind, he is a tremendously safe option at RT. He has Franchise LT potential but his inconsistencies in technique and his aggressiveness in the run game make him an attractive RT. With that said, his value at #10 could be seriously questioned.

2. Louis Delmas - Everyone with eyes knows that the 49ers are in desperate need of a playmaking FS. Delmas fits that mold and his value at pick #43 appears high. Unfortunately, he seems to be much stronger in the box and in run support than he has shown with ball skills. If Scotty Mac isn't certain that he has great coverage skills or if he feels that DaShon Goldson is the man, this pick seems unlikely.

3. Connor Barwin - Athletic freak that made some serious cash today in the Combine. He has all the physical tools you look for in a 3-4 WILL. Unfortunately after his performance today he may not be available at pick # 75. The fact that he is about as raw of a prospect as you could have on the first day, I feel he is too much of a gamble in round 2.

4. Rasheed Jennings - The 49ers will definitely acquire a bigger back in the draft. Jennings definitely fits that mold. In round 4 he would be a steal. I don't think he makes it out of round 3, however, especially with the speed he showcased at the Combine.

5. Stephen McGee - He is a highly athletic QB who wasn't used in a protypical way at A&M. He has flashed high potential as a pro-style QB this offseason, however. The 49ers seem content with their competition between Hill and Smith and I believe their intent is to draft a QB late and groom him for several years. In round 5, I definitely cannot complain about the value of McGee.

6. Terrance Taylor - is a tremendously powerful man. He could be an absolute steal in round 6 as a 0-Technique NT. Unfortunately, he won't likely fall that far, and even if he did, he is a risky pick. He has disappeared at times for the Wolverines and the pedigree at that position has been very disappointing. The names Alan Branch and Gabe Watson ring loudly in my ears who were also high potential NT prospects from the U of M. Very boom or bust but if he's still there in round 6 he has tremendous value.

7. Quinn Johnson - Absolutely ideal FB for the style of play Coach Singletary claims he wants. New OC Jimmy Raye has stated that he wants a "square-backed guy" who will "bloody some noses". Johnson is definitely that guy. Johnson is a converted ILB who's passion for football comes from his love of "hitting people." He has been a tremendous ST player for the Tigers as well which Scotty Mac will love. His biggest drawback has been that he isn't utilized in the passing game and his receiving ability is in question. I don't feel the 49ers are looking for a FB that is an amazing threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. I'm sure they want one that is more than capable however and I can't imagine a better mentor to have for Johnson in that department than 49ers new RBs coach Tom Rathman. The value for an old-school lead-blocking only FB is very low so he probably will go late. I'm not sure he will last till the 7th however. With 2 additional Compensatory picks, I feel the 49ers need to do whatever it takes to draft Johnson in the last 2+ rounds.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Mustanger

Quote:
guess I will just have to pray that the 49ers are able to grab at least one of...

Brian Orakpo
Everette Brown
Larry English
Lawrence Sidbury
English has looked really good in the tape i've seen. I've seen him projected all over the place. He is probably too much of a reach at 10, so if we trade down and draft late 1st round, or steal in the 2nd, we probably won't see him around. Either way, i think is ability and technique is beyond much of the rest out there. Chance of him falling in our lap is small though, unless we go after him aggresively.

Last edited by Mustanger : 02-23-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: the other post looked ridonkuluous afterwords
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

My current 49ers 1st round draft board:

1) Aaron Curry
2) Jason Smith
3) Matthew Stafford
4) Eugene Monroe
5) Michael Crabtree
6) Everette Brown
7) Michael Oher
8) B.J. Raji
9) Mark Sanchez
10) Rey Maualuga

Some notes:

1) Obviously it only goes 10 deep... this is because I'm really assuming the team won't be trading down this year, because I think there's a pretty big separation this year between the top 10-12 prospects and everybody else. Thus, I think the team will stay where it can get the best value, pretty much right where it is. If this list WERE to go a little longer, names you could expect to see next would be Andre Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Aaron Maybin, and Brian Orakpo in some order.

2) Probably the most noteworthy omission from this top list is Andre Smith. Basically, I'm starting to get the sense that there are some serious personality red flags that have been raised with Smith, and coupled with his weight issues I think there could be a significant bust factor here. With there being so many incredibly talented tackle prospects in this draft, I just don't think you could justify a Smith pick before any of the other top four names or in the top 10 picks overall. One upside for selecting Smith, however, would be that I think he profiles great as a road-grader RT, and pairing him with Chilo on the right side would be quite impressive. Still, that bust factor has him out of my top-10.

3) Orakpo's injury history has me a little scared. Meanwhile Everette Brown's height doesn't concern me so much... I figure we've got plenty of height on the other side in Manny, so what if Everette's a tad shorter than you'd like, dude can flat out get to the QB which is exactly what the Niners need.

4) I agree with Scott in thinking that Curry is versatile enough to handle the OLB duties in a 3-4. His versatility, aggressiveness and overall well-roundedness have him No. 1 on my board.

5) Stafford and Sanchez: I agree that taking a QB probably wouldn't be the best thing for the Niners to do. That said, I happen to really like both these prospects (of course, last year, I was underwhilemed by the Flacco, Matt Ryan duo, and I turned out to be dead wrong there, so take my QB opinion with a definite grain of salt), so depending on who else is there, I think they could be the right pick at 10.

6) Maualuga at 10: what can I say? Intangibles and toughness have to count for something. Is Maualuga at a huge position of need for the Niners? No. But you have to admit, a pairing with him and Willis on the inside would be very scary for opposing teams. I think it's a longshot that he's the optimum guy for the Niners to select at 10, but if the chips fell just right, I do think it would make sense.

Anyway, just my very preliminary impressions, so take them for what they're worth.

ETA: Well, like I said, it was a very preliminary look at things. Going back over the list after I posted, I decided to flip flop Oher and Raji, just based on need. I think they're similar prospects in terms of how they grade out, but I see OT as a bigger need for the Niners than NT.

Last edited by stl9erfan : 02-24-2009 at 12:20 AM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have yet to see anything out of Sintim that says he is an effective pass rusher. He also appeared to struggle mightily today in coverage drills.
11 sacks in 10 games playing rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
11 sacks in 10 games playing rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense?

He could very well be a gamer. But what I've seen from him this offseason leaves alot to be desired. I liked him alot during the season and have been disappointed with what I've seen from him recently. Especially in comparison to some of the other 3-4 OLB prospects.

If the Niners grab him, I'll be very hopeful that I was wrong.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He could very well be a gamer. But what I've seen from him this offseason leaves alot to be desired. I liked him alot during the season and have been disappointed with what I've seen from him recently. Especially in comparison to some of the other 3-4 OLB prospects.

If the Niners grab him, I'll be very hopeful that I was wrong.
Well, obviously, he's no Aaron Curry, but we were discussing him as the pick in the second round. You should compare him to the other 2nd round OLBs. I think he's the best pass-rushing OLB at that spot. I don't have any idea how you can say he's not impressive as a rush linebacker, especially with the 3-4 OLB experience he already has. I don't care what he looked like at the Senior Bowl and the combine. I don't want him dropping in coverage all the time. We got a wasted Manny Lawson to do that. I want Sintim getting after the QB. And his career so far says he does that very well.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we land Connor Barwin. Good size and good athleticism.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Oakland just released our FB for next year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Griffith, but again, is he much of a blocker that Sing is looking for. Griffith is a good blocker, but his talents are more running the ball and receiving out of the backfield.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I like Griffith, but again, is he much of a blocker that Sing is looking for. Griffith is a good blocker, but his talents are more running the ball and receiving out of the backfield.
He is a great blocker and has been to a pro bowl. Besides maybe Norris he is probably the best fit of the FA's.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind Griffith. Didnt he block in front of Dunn back in ATL a few years ago when Dunn was a 1000 yard rusher???
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Well, obviously, he's no Aaron Curry, but we were discussing him as the pick in the second round. You should compare him to the other 2nd round OLBs. I think he's the best pass-rushing OLB at that spot. I don't have any idea how you can say he's not impressive as a rush linebacker, especially with the 3-4 OLB experience he already has. I don't care what he looked like at the Senior Bowl and the combine. I don't want him dropping in coverage all the time. We got a wasted Manny Lawson to do that. I want Sintim getting after the QB. And his career so far says he does that very well.
Well obviously he isn't Curry because Curry isn't a 3-4 OLB. I was comparing him to potential 2nd rounders. I like Larry English, Lawrence Sidbury, Connor Barwin, and Michael Johnson all better than Sintim. But we're allowed to disagree, right.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

We need Raji at 10. I'm sick of watching our nose tackles get pushed around while not protecting our LB's.

Just look at the Steelers. Casey Hampton causes so much havoc in the middle which makes their linebackers so dangerous.

Release Jonas Jennings, restructure Alex Smith's contract and we can easily sign a free agent at Right tackle.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
We need Raji at 10. I'm sick of watching our nose tackles get pushed around while not protecting our LB's.

Just look at the Steelers. Casey Hampton causes so much havoc in the middle which makes their linebackers so dangerous.

Release Jonas Jennings, restructure Alex Smith's contract and we can easily sign a free agent at Right tackle.
Completely Agree! Here is my draft
1. DT - Raji
We need a beast at the NT position. J. Smith, Raji and Sop/Balmer could be a great DL IMO.

2. OLB - Sintim
Like what I've seen on film for this guy and think Singletary is looking for more pass rushers... yes, I've read that there is some debate on this pick above, but I think it's a great fit.

3. WR - Iglesias
A big body receiver that can make plays. Saw Bradford and Iglesias work very well together and think he can make an immediate impact with our other young WR's.

4. RB - Andre Brown
The thunder to Gore's lightning. Had a great Senior Bowl so I don't know if he falls this far, but a guy can hope.

5. OT - Best OT available... maybe Tupou from Oregon at this point in the draft

6. FB - Quinn Johnson
Previous post talk to the value of this "old school" fullback. Imagine this guy being coached by Tom Rathman... I want to bang helmets just thinking about it!

7. QB - Chase Patton
This drafts version of Matt Cassel. Backed up Chase Daniel's at Missouri so he hasn't been given an opportunity. He was posted as someone else's 7th round and liked the gamble in round 7!
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I love that mock. We get our nose tackle and a nice pass rusher in the second. Brown would also be a nice pick in the fourth round.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...n-players.html

Well, it looks like the 49ers won't be spending big money on FA's. So, i'm going to make a new revised FA prediction, after some recent developments.

Original signings i proposed in a post in this thread that arent likely anymore

-Khalif Barnes. With Vernon Carey getting signed, he's the top tackle on the market. Not worth too much green.

-Tony Richardson. Looks to be signing a deal with the Jets before Friday.

-Gibril Wilson. According to Matt Barrows blog, the Wilson isn't on the 49ers radar.

Without going into too much detail, some new proposed FA signings

FB- Moran Norris,starter
RT- Daniel Loper,competition with Adam Snyder)
NT- Colin Cole, starter (competition with Franklin)
LDE- Igor Olshanky, starter (born in SF, played with Manusky in SD, might get overshadowed by a down year and Canty on the market)

3 round mock

R1- Malcolm Jenkins, FS
R2- Clint Sintim/Lawrence Sidbury, 3-4 OLB
R3- Andre Brown/Rashad Jennings, RB
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Well obviously he isn't Curry because Curry isn't a 3-4 OLB. I was comparing him to potential 2nd rounders. I like Larry English, Lawrence Sidbury, Connor Barwin, and Michael Johnson all better than Sintim. But we're allowed to disagree, right.
Sure, we can disagree. I wasn't saying that we couldn't. I just think it's funny that when I suggest getting a 3rd round NT like Moala, you responded that you liked Raji better. I like Raji better too. He won't be there in the third round though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Sure, we can disagree. I wasn't saying that we couldn't. I just think it's funny that when I suggest getting a 3rd round NT like Moala, you responded that you liked Raji better. I like Raji better too. He won't be there in the third round though.
I get you. My use of Raji was just a list of the players I feel are natural fits as 3-4 NT's (along with Brace, Taylor, and Pryor). I don't feel that Moala is. I feel he'd fit best at End. Of course I don't think Raji would be available in the 3rd and I'm sorry if I didn't make my point clearly. It's all good.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
But we're allowed to disagree, right.
Not if you're arguing with Menardo. LOL.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Looks like David Bruton is having a nice combine. I was hoping against this. He is my sleeper FS prospect I was hoping we could get later in the draft.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I love that mock. We get our nose tackle and a nice pass rusher in the second. Brown would also be a nice pick in the fourth round.
And don't get a RT that will be an upgrade fail.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's my updated FA wishlist -

1) ILB Channing Crowder

Will be 26 in September and has already played four seasons. While he isnt a playmaker, Willis is which makes him the perfect compliment next to him. If anything, he's a younger version of Spikes. He would definitely cost the most but eliminates the need and position for years to come.

2) DE Igor Olshansky

Perfect fit at DE in our 3-4 defense especially since he played for our DC Greg Manusky years ago in SD. While I would try to sign him, I would do so before Canty signs since I wouldnt want to pay him the same amount or overpay what he's worth.

3) FB Tony Richardson

I'm really hoping that he doesnt re-sign with the Jets and hits UFA. While I would prefer a young FB who can be paired with Gore for years to come, I would much rather have Richardson over Norris despite the fact that Norris is younger yet older than I would prefer. Basically, if there isnt a young blocking FB available in FA, I would rather get the better veteran and that's Richardson.

4) RT Stacy Andrews

Yeah, I know that he suffered a major injury just a few months ago but at only 28, could be signed to a cheap incentive based five year deal. Because of the injury, I think that he'll fly under the radar compared to Barnes, Marvel Smith and even Willis/Loper. Best case scenario is that he becomes our starting RT in 2009 or 2010 while worst case scenario is that he'll be a solid cheap backup who'll most likely never hit his incentives.

5) CB Phillip Buchanon

If it wasnt for Bryant, the Bucs would have franchised him. He's played very good the last two years and will most likely replace Barber as a starter (if he isnt already) and while he's 29 years old, I think that he would be good opposite Clements even though I wouldnt break the bank for him.

*waits for the bashing to begin*
Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would cream my pants if we got Igor. I have a feeling he'll want more than we can give.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

my mock

1. everette brown - olb/de
2. phil loadholt - ot
3. patrick chung - fs/ss
4. jermiah johnson - rb
5. brandon gibson - wr
6. quinn johnson - fb
7. brain hoyer / chase patton - qb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote