Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to think if the Pats get their act together draft wise and can actually get a reciever who can seperate and catch they'll be a huge chance.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Steelers 27

Packers 17
I don't think a first-year coach has ever won a Superbowl. I doubt Mike Tomlin will be the first.
I think goerge siefert won a superbowl as his first year as HC.
True, but he had been with the Niners for almost a decade under Walsh.

And these Steelers are not the '89 Niners.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anything the Bears are more likely to repeat than the Colts. Unless one of the mediocre, underachievers, in the NFC steps up to challenge.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
If anything the Bears are more likely to repeat than the Colts. Unless one of the mediocre, underachievers, in the NFC steps up to challenge.
Rex Grossman will never win the Super Bowl, so unless they make a QB change, how will the Bears repeat in the Super Bowl?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They will be back..But dallas is going to win it... :D
Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
Rex Grossman will never win the Super Bowl, so unless they make a QB change, how will the Bears repeat in the Super Bowl?
He's saying repeat to get back. It's more likely the Bears make it back through the NFC than the Colts will in the AFC.

And considering Grossman has started a little more than one season, it's too early to say he'll "never" do anything.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs: 3,506,125
Chargers: -4

Chargers 23
Giants 16

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
He's saying repeat to get back. It's more likely the Bears make it back through the NFC than the Colts will in the AFC.

And considering Grossman has started a little more than one season, it's too early to say he'll "never" do anything.
That's a good argument, if their defense stays healthy and their safeties improve, the Bears could easily make the Super Bowl again. I don't think they have any chance of winning it though. I'm not a pessimist or anything, but the way Grossman treats the game really bugs me. He doesn't even try when the game doesn't matter, and he shows no remorse for his poor decisions. His mechanics are the worst in the league, but his mentality really pisses me off the most. He doesn't have what it takes up top to be a leader and win a Super Bowl. Plain and simple. How else do you explain the way his numbers go from amazing to terrible from week to week?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma
Bucs: 3,506,125
Chargers: -4
I had to erase the latter portion of your post. You are dead on with this one though :D

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I already did explain it. Inexperience. There are very few rookies that could win a Superbowl, and that's essentially what Grossman was.

As far as his demeanor. I'd much rather have a guy that shakes it off than a guy like Eli Manning that pouts for the rest of the game when he misses a 5 yard out route. You need to shake things off, and Grossman still has a ways to go in that regard.

I'm not saying the Bears will win a Superbowl, I just don't buy that they can't with Grossman at QB. I find that the people that usually say that are the same people that spew all the other dribble that ESPN seeps into their brains.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I already did explain it. Inexperience. There are very few rookies that could win a Superbowl, and that's essentially what Grossman was.

As far as his demeanor. I'd much rather have a guy that shakes it off than a guy like Eli Manning that pouts for the rest of the game when he misses a 5 yard out route. You need to shake things off, and Grossman still has a ways to go in that regard.

I'm not saying the Bears will win a Superbowl, I just don't buy that they can't with Grossman at QB. I find that the people that usually say that are the same people that spew all the other dribble that ESPN seeps into their brains.
I just think they should've given Brian Griese a chance. He could've been a very good manager for them and I think he would've been much more successful than Grossman. With that being said, Griese is getting old and it's pretty much too late to give him his shot, so either they stick with Rex and teach the boy how not to heave the ball up for grabs, or they draft a QB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:

I just think they should've given Brian Griese a chance. He could've been a very good manager for them and I think he would've been much more successful than Grossman. With that being said, Griese is getting old and it's pretty much too late to give him his shot, so either they stick with Rex and teach the boy how not to heave the ball up for grabs, or they draft a QB.
Griese is 31 or 32. That's not that old. Especially considering there were a few seasons he was on the bench.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think they make it to the super bowl and lose to the saints in a high scoring game

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders 34 Lions 6

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't anyone think the Colts aren't going to repeat? Manning has every pressure lifted off of his shoulders and I think he has one gigantic year next year. UFA might hurt, but they should be able to plug people in like they always do. I'm taking the Colts going 14-2 and crushing whoever they play in the SB.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams 24
Bills 21
Old 02-22-2007, 05:31 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl XLII:
Baltimore Ravens vs New Orleans Saints
Final score: 17 - 28
MVP: Drew Brees

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:51 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen
Super Bowl XLII:
Baltimore Ravens vs New Orleans Saints
Final score: 17 - 28
MVP: Drew Brees
You couldnt beat us last year in your house, what makes you think you could beat us now?

Anywho it wont happen cause we arent getting to the Superbowl, Saints might be able too.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though we didn't beat you this year it doesn't mean we can't beat you next year.

Signature made by me

Old 02-22-2007, 06:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton certainly helped their cause for a second straight by restructuring

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even though we didn't beat you this year it doesn't mean we can't beat you next year.
Im afraid thats exactly what it means! 8)

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
Quote:
Im afraid thats exactly what it means! 8)
We'll see

Signature made by me

Old 02-22-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

jdcozart needs more cowbell.

Patriots 27 vs. Saints 20. I don't know how long it will be until another team wins back-to-back Super Bowls. It's just too hard.
jdcozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars 32
49ers 21

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Wow.....3 people out of 50+ think the Colts will repeat..... :D

sig by BoneKrusher