Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WR Porter ready for new start in Oakland

Quote:
ALAMEDA, Calif. (Feb. 21, 2007) -- Jerry Porter is ready for a new start with the Oakland Raiders.

After a difficult 2006 season when he clashed with coach Art Shell and rarely got on the field, Porter announced he is changing his uniform number from 84 to 81 in order to put last season behind him and get off on the right foot with new coach Lane Kiffin.

"For me the new number represents a new start, a new beginning and new attitude," he said in a statement released by the team. "I've had multiple meetings with Coach Kiffin and I am very excited about the direction of our team and especially our offense. I can't wait to get started."

Porter had a run-in with Shell over offseason workout plans soon after the coach was hired last February. The receiver also made public a trade demand at the start of training camp. Porter was inactive the first four games of the season and then suspended for insubordination.
Source: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/10012586

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This news isn't nearly as intersting as the rumor that Moss told Kiffin to F--- off.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter ready for a new start in Oakland....................

Did he get traded to the A's and I not here about?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could have Jerry Rice in his prime and Joe Montana throwing him the ball for all I care. It doesn't mean jack if they don't fix that oline.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

Lane was on the HERD today. I was actually impressed, no hesitation in his answers. Kept saying his life is all about football football football.

I liked him so far too the point I feel bad he is with oakland.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well thats good that everyone wants to get a new start, but how will he act when they begin to lose again???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YAY!

I can now wear my porter jersey

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will act up again no matter what

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58
YAY!

I can now wear my porter jersey
that had to be rough there for a while

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rather have him then moss

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well the thing with Jerry Porter that is well documented is he likes players coaches (Norv Turner, Kiffin) and he clashes badly with disciplinarians (Shell, Gruden who he never liked). So of course hes on board. And it is what it is. i think the fact is if hes on board he can be a bigtime contributor and we cant get much for him in a trade so we might as well keep him.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesnt tim brown wear #81? I thought it was retired.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Well thats good that everyone wants to get a new start, but how will he act when they begin to lose again???
you took the words outta my mouth
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
you took the words outta my mouth
actually he hated SHell and thats why he got into trouble.because Shell doesnt know how to deal with players.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not crazy about him wearing #81
Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984
not crazy about him wearing #81
yea I hope he cleared it with Tim Brown
Old 02-22-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful
I would hesitate to say that. Porter is no scumbag, he just slammed heads w/ Shell meanwhile they are the laughing stock of the league. I would be mad if I was a WR and my coach hired a Denny's manager to call my plays. I would think I was headed for a down year. Point being he isnt a perennial bad character guy, it was a certain bad situation.
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good, now they can deal Moss.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainly opens up options for them, although I still wouldn't rule out adding a WR early (or in FA).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIZZorDIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful
I would hesitate to say that. Porter is no scumbag, he just slammed heads w/ Shell meanwhile they are the laughing stock of the league. I would be mad if I was a WR and my coach hired a Denny's manager to call my plays. I would think I was headed for a down year. Point being he isnt a perennial bad character guy, it was a certain bad situation.
I agree and disagree. No he isnt a terrible guy and I know he is capable of getting in line, but he is a guy who has had some controversy before. He clashed with Gruden and was talkin about how happy he was when Gruden was gone. Very simply, he doesnt like tough, disciplinarian coaches. He liked Norv Turner, the nice guy, a lot.

So anyways, I think Porter could do well in this regime. The problem last year, Im not blaming it on Shell or on Porter, it was both of them. They clashed badly. Shell needed to deal with it better, but you cant disrespect your coach like that.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Finally Porter got his head out of his narrow ass. I'm tired of him always bitching.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote