Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank god if this is real. he is incredibly valueable.

he is one of the most versitle players in the nfl. i hope the ravens use this to work out a long term deal. he is a really good guy and wants to play out his career in baltimore.

i think he has atleast a couple of more really good years left
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
I am happy if its true but the scroll bar on NFL Network is stating that Adam Schefter is reporting that they expect not to franchise him.

So if anyone can find a link it would be helpful, so far I cannot find one.
I saw the same thing earlier. Has anyone else seen that they ARE going to franchise him?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev
Quote:
I am happy if its true but the scroll bar on NFL Network is stating that Adam Schefter is reporting that they expect not to franchise him.

So if anyone can find a link it would be helpful, so far I cannot find one.
I saw the same thing earlier. Has anyone else seen that they ARE going to franchise him?
Adam Schefter is a rumor monger
Old 02-21-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this "Tag" was bogus. Wouldn't Baltimore need to make some roster moves to get under the $7.2 mil needed to use the tag? Wouldn't there be some sort of report on whom they cut?

Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on ESPN.com
Nothing on Profootballtalk.com
Nothing on Sportsline.com

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently he wasn't tagged. Now it says they will not tag him. Sorry for the confusion.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has an offensive player been franchised this year?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Has an offensive player been franchised this year?
i find justin smith to be offensice :D
Old 02-21-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag
Sucks for Thomas.

Yeah I'd be upset at too if I had to ONLY MAKE $7,200,000!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
When you could have gotten $10+ million guaranteed on the open market? I'm sure you would.

I'm tired of people bitching about players being "ripped" by the franchise tag. These guys make millions for playing a game. They get paid to do something most of us would kill to do. Now people complaining that he could have made more on the free agent market. WHAT HE WILL GO BROKE IF HE ONLY MAKES $7,200,000! LETS START UP THE ADALIUS THOMAS FRANCHISE TAG CHARITY; NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS SO HE CAN "FEED HIS FAMILY"...................................

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sucks for Thomas.

When you could have gotten $10+ million guaranteed on the open market? I'm sure you would.

I'm tired of people bitching about players being "ripped" by the franchise tag. These guys make millions for playing a game. They get paid to do something most of us would kill to do. Now people complaining that he could have made more on the free agent market. WHAT HE WILL GO BROKE IF HE ONLY MAKES $7,200,000! LETS START UP THE ADALIUS THOMAS FRANCHISE TAG CHARITY; NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS SO HE CAN "FEED HIS FAMILY"...................................
QFT
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sucks for Thomas.

QFT

Go drool over Tony Romo some more...............

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sucks for Thomas.

QFT

Go drool over Tony Romo some more...............
He was agreeing with you, and you insult him?

I understand you wanting Thomas back on your team, but to begrudge him wanting more money is just stupid. You're telling me that if you had the oppurtunity to make millions more than you are right now, and someone held you back from that, you would be happy about it? You're lying if your answer to that is yes.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love thomas in miami, but doubt we can afford him
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sucks for Thomas.

God I hate it when people say this.

Who cares what you would love to do? Unless you're any good at playing football nobody is going to pay to see you so it's an irrelevant point. I'm sure lots of people would love to be President too but not everyone can be born into an incredibly rich family and have a Dad that can get them into Yale and then help them start up a fake oil company.

I can't believe that I of all people am saying this, but it's a capitalist country. These guys aren't anymore lucky to be playing football than other people in high profile jobs are. They worked hard and have incredible talent, and if they can demand top dollar all the better for them. Whether or not some janitor would love to relive his high school memories is completely irrelevant. Most people would love these jobs because they can't have them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

According to this article we are trying to sign him long term (dont know where the cap space is coming from for that ) and are using the tag to threaten him into signing.

I really dont care if we resign him or not. Hes 30, hes already seen his best days, he has maybe 3 years of quality football left in him. Dont get me wrong I love him one of my favorite players but if we dont sign him ...meh.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

This topic is getting way off base so I'm saying my peace and I'm done with it. Stop the complaining if he gets franchised. There is no complaints like this for everyone else who did and AD shouldn't get complaints either. The franchise tag is a fact of the game and the owners have the right to use it. People are complaining because he wouldn't be a free agent, why its not like he would have had offers from every team in the league. If anyone paid attention to the story all season you would know that is first priority was to re-sign in Baltimore and he was well aware if he did this that he would be missing out on extra money. But its not all about the money as most people think. Its about comfort, style of play, the organization and things of that nature. AD loves Baltimore and wants to stay here, and I base this off of interviews that he's done. Everyone posting how he feels ripped off and what not, where exactly are you getting your info? Who are your sources? For christ sake, this topic started on false information and it has spiraled out of control. Bottomline is tomorrow we will know whether or not if he was franchised because the deadline will be here shortly. Stop the crying about how he's being ripped off if he is, because its the nature of the beast in the NFL.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-21-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sucks for Thomas.

God I hate it when people say this.

Who cares what you would love to do? Unless you're any good at playing football nobody is going to pay to see you so it's an irrelivant point. I'm sure lots of people would love to be President too but not everyone can be born into an incredibly rich family and have a Dad that can get them into Yale and then help them start up a fake oil company.

I can't believe that I of all people am saying this, but it's a capitalist country. These guys aren't anymore lucky to be playing football than other people in high profile jobs are. They worked hard and have incredibly talent, and if they can demand top dollar all the better for them. Whether or not some janitor would love to relive his high school memories is completely irrelivant. Most people would love these jobs because they can't have them.
Thank god somebody ******* said it.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is he called AD?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-thomas0221,0,5265915.story?coll=bal-sports-football

According to this article we are trying to sign him long term (dont know where the cap space is coming from for that ) and are using the tag to threaten him into signing.

I really dont care if we resign him or not. Hes 30, hes already seen his best days, he has maybe 3 years of quality football left in him. Dont get me wrong I love him one of my favorite players but if we dont sign him ...meh.
jamal lewis. they are going to either cut him or something else in order to free up a ton of cap space. the ravens had a meeting with jamal today so well see what happens tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happens if someone gets a career ending injury while under franchise tag? What long term security do they have?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck to whoever gets him if the ravens dont get him back. Majority of the FA's that left baltimore have failed miserably.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Why is he called AD?
Because he was born after the birth of Christ.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good luck to whoever gets him if the ravens dont get him back. Majority of the FA's that left baltimore have failed miserably.
And then some random LB will pop in there and be great.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Why is he called AD?
Because he was born after the birth of Christ.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
And then some random LB will pop in there and be great.
it tends to happen
Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Was he tagged or not?