Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 02-19-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default LeRoy Hill Franchised

Good move assuming we can get a deal done.

Also could possibly trade him.

Only way this is bad is if we can't get anything done and he costs us over $8 million on our cap this year.

Whatever the case is- we will either retain his services or get something back for losing him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this move as long as we get him signed to a long term contract. If they can't get anything done then they might as well trade him and try to get something for him instead of letting him walk...

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Oakland trys to get him from you guys. Since we got your DC now he looks to be a perfect fit as our SLB

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I hope Oakland trys to get him from you guys. Since we got your DC now he looks to be a perfect fit as our SLB
Would you be willing to risk a first round pick, potentially two, on him? Cause that's the only way the Seahawks would give up Hill.

Also, I hadn't been following what was happening to former Seahawks coordinators, but if you have John Marshall...I feel bad for you. You'll get to watch first hand his vanilla defensive schemes. They may work better for you guys, but up here he was a failure.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Would you be willing to risk a first round pick, potentially two, on him? Cause that's the only way the Seahawks would give up Hill.

Also, I hadn't been following what was happening to former Seahawks coordinators, but if you have John Marshall...I feel bad for you. You'll get to watch first hand his vanilla defensive schemes. They may work better for you guys, but up here he was a failure.
2 first round picks for Hill? Are you kidding? Tell me why you think that is the only way we will give him up. There is no way he would cost that much, I doubt it would take even one 1st rounder to trade for Hill, especially for the Raiders who are drafting in the top 10.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
2 first round picks for Hill? Are you kidding? Tell me why you think that is the only way we will give him up. There is no way he would cost that much, I doubt it would take even one 1st rounder to trade for Hill, especially for the Raiders who are drafting in the top 10.
That's the price of signing a player who has been slapped with the franchise tag. Plus, they are going to be trying to get his name on a long term contract and he is a proven player who has the chance to be a perennial pro-bowler once people realize how good he is.

And to trade for him is going to cost a lot. Even for someone as crazy as Davis, I seriously doubt that they would do that.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

Quote:
That's the price of signing a player who has been slapped with the franchise tag. Plus, they are going to be trying to get his name on a long term contract and he is a proven player who has the chance to be a perennial pro-bowler once people realize how good he is.

And to trade for him is going to cost a lot. Even for someone as crazy as Davis, I seriously doubt that they would do that.
I guarantee you Ruskell would take much less than 2 first rounders. I know that is the price, but you never see any player cost that much in a trade any more. Especially an OLB that has never been to the pro bowl. It was a shock that Hill was even franchised at all. I'm glad he was but don't be stupid thinking that he is worth even close to that much. He plays a position that is arguably the easiest position in the league to replace.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
I guarantee you Ruskell would take much less than 2 first rounders. I know that is the price, but you never see any player cost that much in a trade any more. Especially an OLB that has never been to the pro bowl. It was a shock that Hill was even franchised at all. I'm glad he was but don't be stupid thinking that he is worth even close to that much. He plays a position that is arguably the easiest position in the league to replace.
Leroy Hill is the best linebacker on the team. And not going to the pro bowl is not the same as being a pro bowl caliber player. The only rookie that could possibly come in and replace Hill's production would have been Aaron Curry. Hill was the 2nd leading tackler on the team and he didn't even play the last 4games.

I'm not disagreeing that LB isn't easy to replace, but Leroy Hill is better than Lofa Tatupu and look at the money that Tatupu got. Hill getting franchised was a shock to me, I knew they didn't want to invest that much money, but the Seahawks have to maximize their decision. They either have to get him to sign long term or trade him before the draft.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

Quote:
Leroy Hill is the best linebacker on the team. And not going to the pro bowl is not the same as being a pro bowl caliber player. The only rookie that could possibly come in and replace Hill's production would have been Aaron Curry. Hill was the 2nd leading tackler on the team and he didn't even play the last 4games.

I'm not disagreeing that LB isn't easy to replace, but Leroy Hill is better than Lofa Tatupu and look at the money that Tatupu got. Hill getting franchised was a shock to me, I knew they didn't want to invest that much money, but the Seahawks have to maximize their decision. They either have to get him to sign long term or trade him before the draft.
EXACTLY. They will try to sign him to a long term deal. If they can't get that done then they will try to trade him, and if Ruskell is asking for a 1st rounder or more, there is no way he will find a taker. I have little doubt that if Oakland offered their 2nd for him, Ruskell would take it.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
EXACTLY. They will try to sign him to a long term deal. If they can't get that done then they will try to trade him, and if Ruskell is asking for a 1st rounder or more, there is no way he will find a taker. I have little doubt that if Oakland offered their 2nd for him, Ruskell would take it.
Are you kidding me? A second rounder for Hill? That's what I like to call highway robbery.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad we tagged him, but no way in hell would we get less than a first for him. Like it's been said in here before, he is one of our best backers, if not the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Are you kidding me? A second rounder for Hill? That's what I like to call highway robbery.
You obviously don't know trade values for players. Especially LBs, arduably the easiest position on the team to replace. And it is a high 2nd rounder, almost a late 1st. I said 2nd because there is no way Hill is worth close to the Raiders 1st rounder.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You obviously don't know trade values for players. Especially LBs, arduably the easiest position on the team to replace. And it is a high 2nd rounder, almost a late 1st. I said 2nd because there is no way Hill is worth close to the Raiders 1st rounder.
Honestly, I'm adding you to my ignore list.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Honestly, I'm adding you to my ignore list.
Sure guy. Tell me exactly, how would he be worth a high first rounder? The only player in recent memory thatI can remember being traded for a pick that high is Randy Moss when he was in the prime of his career and arguably one of the most talented WRs to play the game.

Excuse me for not thinking LeRoy Hill=Randy Moss in his prime.

The year before Alexander had his MVP season, we were trying to trade him for a 3rd. Nuff said.