Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
If we picked up either Williams or Brinkley we'd have a pretty sick LB rotation. Now if we could only find an effective pass rusher.
While watching the combine, and Brinkley, I thought to myself how awesome that would be if the 49ers drafted him to play next to Willis.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
While watching the combine, and Brinkley, I thought to myself how awesome that would be if the 49ers drafted him to play next to Willis.
It would be downright scary for other teams. Enjoyable to us.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are some non-first-rounders that you guys would like on the team? Everyone knows the few guys we want @ 10, but what about the other 6 rounds?

Some guys that I want are:

Phil Loadhalt
Connar Barwin
Jasper Brinkley
Rashad Jennings
Jason Boltus
Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
What are some non-first-rounders that you guys would like on the team? Everyone knows the few guys we want @ 10, but what about the other 6 rounds?

Some guys that I want are:

Phil Loadhalt
Connar Barwin
Jasper Brinkley
Rashad Jennings
Jason Boltus
Aside from the guys you already mentioned..

Quinn Johnson
Stephen McGee
Frantz Joseph
Worrell Williams
Clay Matthews
Jeremiah Johnson
Brooks Foster
Patrick Chung
Rashad Johnson
Louis Delmas

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Stephen McGee
Purely from a homerism standpoint, I would love if he and/or Goodson ended up on the Niners. Mainly Stephen, if I had to choose.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some later round guys I am looking out for,

Joe Burnett, CB, Central Florida
Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech
Ian Johnson, RB, Boise State
Jorvorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M

I just FYI I am controlling the 49ers in a group mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=30506&page=3) and I just traded down to 20.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 02-26-2009 at 07:35 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry English - OLB - Northern Illinois
Lawrence Sidbury - OLB - Richmond
Connor Barwin - OLB - Cincinnati
Ron Brace - NT - Boston College
Myron Pryor - NT - Kentucky
Jasper Brinkley - TED LB - South Carolina
Worrell Williams - MIKE/TED LB - California
Chip Vaughn - FS/SS - Wake Forest
Stephen Hodge - SS - TCU
Shonn Greene - RB - Iowa
Rashad Jennings - RB - Liberty
Gartrell Johnson - RB - Colorado St.
Quinn Johnson - FB - LSU
Johnny Knox - WR - Abilene Christian
Cornelius Lewis - OT/OG - Tennessee St.
Nate Davis - QB - Ball St.

a name that most feel would go undrafted but played EXCEPTIONALLY well in 2007 and then was hurt alot of 2008...

Tyler Lorenzen - QB - Connecticut

Last edited by phlysac : 02-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Larry English - OLB - Northern Illinois
Lawrence Sidbury - OLB - Richmond
Connor Barwin - OLB - Cincinnati
Ron Brace - NT - Boston College
Myron Pryor - NT - Kentucky
Jasper Brinkley - TED LB - South Carolina
Worrell Williams - MIKE/TED LB - California
Chip Vaughn - FS/SS - Wake Forest
Stephen Hodge - SS - TCU
Shonn Greene - RB - Iowa
Rashad Jennings - RB - Liberty
Gartrell Johnson - RB - Colorado St.
Quinn Johnson - FB - LSU
Johnny Knox - WR - Abilene Christian
Cornelius Lewis - OT/OG - Tennessee St.
Nate Davis - QB - Ball St.

a name that most feel would go undrafted but played EXCEPTIONALLY well in 2007 and then was hurt alot of 2008...

Tyler Lorenzen - QB - Connecticut
i would love some of those picks, including brace, brinkley, w williams (who i think would work very well next to willis as he can take on blockers), quinn johnson with his blocking ability, and davis, but only if we can get him in the 4th or later
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Jorvorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M
No. Just... No. He's awful, way overweight and flat out sucks. I could go on for pages about how terrible he is.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No. Just... No. He's awful, way overweight and flat out sucks. I could go on for pages about how terrible he is.
I disagree. His first 3 years at A&M he was a monster. Great speed for someone his size and monstrous strength. I think he was so bad his senior season because Mike Sherman tried to turn him into something he was not.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He certainly didn't help his cause when he showed up at the Senior Bowl around 290 lbs without enough strength to break a tackle. He certainly may have been one of the biggest one year draft stock annihilations of all-time.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I disagree. His first 3 years at A&M he was a monster. Great speed for someone his size and monstrous strength. I think he was so bad his senior season because Mike Sherman tried to turn him into something he was not.
Well, as someone who goes to A&M and attends the football games, I can assure you he is not good. He cannot run block and he only got yards carrying the ball because he could fall forward. Each year he has gained weight and not been able to lose any of his body fat, even though he is afforded the luxury of a great training staff and even greater training facilities. At 270 lbs, he's not a running back, he's a guy who's too short to play OG. He was bad last year because Sherman, who runs a pro-style offense, wanted to turn him into a fullback. Well, turns out he can't run block or catch the ball all that well. Thus, he didn't play. The guy showed up at 280 at some post-season event. The guy that does the Aggies blog for the Houston Chronicle even quoted a couple NFL people who thought he was "undraftable" since he's had all that time since the end of our season to loose weight and he didn't.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Well I didn't know all that so I guess I will take your word for it. But I remember watching him just run over defenders in 2005 and 2006. What happened?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets let Sing take him to the Woodshed and straighten him out. I would sign him as an UDFA.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
What happened?
When he was putting up good stats, we had the same o-line starters for 2-3 years, they were a really good unit (in current back up center was one of those linemen). He had McGee and Goodson to keep defenses off him, too.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

worrell williams, patrick chung and sammie stroughter. those are my homer picks that make sense. Williams to pair with willis, chung to fill the left after keith lewis left plus the added irony that they play the same position and went to the same school. stroughter to return punts and kicks when rossum hangs them up plus a wr with strong hands and shifty in the open field
Old 02-27-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

any rumored fa's coming to sf?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
any rumored fa's coming to sf?
Barrows says they are going after Moran Norris. Article up on PFT has SF in the running for Canty, with a rumored visit sometime this week:
Quote:
Breer reports that Canty will visit Washington on Friday, Tennessee on Saturday, Seattle on Monday, and San Francisco at some point thereafter.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,144604
Demetric Evans, Moran Norris, and Brandon Jones all visiting SF today.
Quote:
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Brandon Jones is visiting today with San Francisco, a source told FOXSports.com.

A four-year NFL veteran, Jones is coming off his best season with the Titans. He had career-highs in catches (41) and yards (449) while starting seven of 16 games.
Jones would be a very nice pick up.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Demetric Evans, Moran Norris, and Brandon Jones all visiting SF today.
Evans would most likely be for depth and competition at the DE position. I wouldn't be shocked if Norris is signed within minutes of showing up. Brandon Jones would be a nice catch. I remember seeing on one of the blogs that Scot wanted to get at least 2 WRs this off-season, be it through the draft or FA.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

With the rumors of Evans and Canty, it appears that Scot McCloughan is collecting 3-4 DE's much like Jon Gruden collected QBs. It's already a tremendously deep position and 2 of the 4 guys who have scheduled visits are DE's. I'm really not getting it.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the rumors of Evans and Canty, it appears that Scot McCloughan is collecting 3-4 DE's much like Jon Gruden collected QBs. It's already a tremendously deep position and 2 of the 4 guys who have scheduled visits are DE's. I'm really not getting it.
It's probably because our pass rush sucks. You can never have enough good linemen. We don't have much as it is.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
From Maiocco's blog:
Quote:
8:21 a.m.: Brandon Jones is, indeed, scheduled to visit the 49ers. That has been confirmed. However, the 49ers have not (yet) arranged visits with Demetric Evans or Moran Norris.

8:28 a.m.: It should be added that Jones is visiting the 49ers today. This is, obviously, a sure sign the 49ers want to sign this guy. I don't think they've had a player in for a first-day visit and allowed him to leave without a contract.
Jones' profile for those who are curious: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8510

Last edited by Brent : 02-27-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I don't think Jones is any better than any receiver on our roster right now.

EDIT: Word is we resigned Rossum. :D
Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
It's probably because our pass rush sucks. You can never have enough good linemen. We don't have much as it is.
3-4 DE's shouldn't be accumulating many sacks. Besides, the 49ers just broke the bank signing Justin Smith (3-4 DE), gave Sopoaga a $20 Million contract (3-4 DE) and drafted Kentwan Balmer with their 1st pick last season (3-4 DE). Add that to Ray McDonald, and you have ALOT, seriously ALOT of coin tied up in a position that isn't very glamorous. Now they want to bring in Chris Canty and Demetric Evans? I don't get it.