Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not the salary cap expert that a lot of fans like to think they are, but it seems to me that many people think an increased salary cap gives their individual team an advantage. Why? Teams know the salary cap is going to go up and when it does, so do contracts. It's the players who benefit from a bigger salary cap. Teams are affected the equally, so it doesn't seem that it should help or hurt any team more than another.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm not the salary cap expert that a lot of fans like to think they are, but it seems to me that many people think an increased salary cap gives their individual team an advantage. Why? Teams know the salary cap is going to go up and when it does, so do contracts. It's the players who benefit from a bigger salary cap. Teams are affected the equally, so it doesn't seem that it should help or hurt any team more than another.
did you even read
Old 02-26-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This helps pretty much everyone.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That helps the Rams about...NONE!

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but that's just me.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So is Tampa going to sign every single free agent out there now?
I have a feeling we might sign one 'big' name player and other than that we will be pretty insignificant. With a billion in cap space you'd hope that doesn't happen but I guess time will tell.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I have a feeling we might sign one 'big' name player and other than that we will be pretty insignificant. With a billion in cap space you'd hope that doesn't happen but I guess time will tell.
With the Salary cap going away I don't know if this is true at all, but I assume most teams try to shy away from ever getting close to the cap, because then if a surprise free agent comes up they have a chance at grabbing them.

I realize that free agents should never really be a "surprise", but if you look at the recent talk about Ray Lewis going to Dallas, then you can see what I mean. If Jerry Jones wants a star on his helmet, he might have to pull a few tricks with his current players contract.

Anyways, my point being; I doubt the bucs want to just go out there and throw their cash around for big name players. For one, free agency can be kinda risky. We've seen plenty of players hit the market, get that big check, then turn out to be something completely different than what their team thought they would be. And two, the more you sign now, the less you have for the future. And it doesn't seem like there are enough big names out there that you'd want to break the bank this year on free agency.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news for the Colts, we are under the cap now!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not only that, but the Colts just so happened to be able to resign Saturday now.

Hrm, a more skeptical person may see this oddly late hike in cap somewhat suspicious ;)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote