Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-09-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd rather Joey Harrington start here next year for $500,000 to $1 million than Culpepper for his salary.
that's just sick.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kharma. he's learned a lot in the past few years. might have calmed his fragile nerves down a bit.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
TheDoctor8
Rookie

TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Is Kevin Smith = Michael Turner?
Did we trade for John Abraham or any other 16+ sack DE?

Sorry don't mean to poke holes in your optimism. Its a great thought and I hope its true. The lions could conceivably turn it around this year like any other bad club (Falcons, Dolphins last year), but they have a LOT of work to do to get there. I dont think its as easy as "hire this coach" + "Draft best QB" + "Sign FA" = Playoffs.

Matt Ryan worked last year because Michael Turner was able to EXPLODE in nearly every game they won, and the defense kept them close. Our defense has a long way to go and I dont think KSmith can carry the offensive load the same way Burner Turner could.
Abraham was two years ago and at the time know one thought that Micheal Turner would become who he was. As for the Lions, in todays NFL it just isn't that difficult to go from one of the worst teams to one of the best. It takes a couple of breaks, especially at the QB position. (Veteran Pennington for the Dolphins, Rookie Flacco and Ryan.) Everything favors the bottom teams. Parity at its best!!!
TheDoctor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we have about a half dozen starting calibre players. if we got a haynesworth, aso, and stafford then i could see a quick turnaround. but for now this is a 3 year deal.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd rather Joey Harrington start here next year for $500,000 to $1 million than Culpepper for his salary.
I'm not a Lions fan at all but that thought made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Flacco got entirely too much credit for what the Ravens did this year. Their defense managing to stay healthier than usual is what lead to their success. Flacco had multiple games completing below 50% of his passes that they won, though people still praised him for those efforts.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I think Flacco got entirely too much credit for what the Ravens did this year. Their defense managing to stay healthier than usual is what lead to their success. Flacco had multiple games completing below 50% of his passes that they won, though people still praised him for those efforts.
Agreed. In the few games I saw Flacco was doing enough to "not lose" the game and thats what he got praise for. He wasn't beating teams on his own but with a defense like they had you didnt need much of an offense.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight Smith got cut too. These cuts were so easy to determine its not even funny with Mulitalo,Smith,Campbell(injury) etc. Glad to see all these all salary no talent contracts go. Culpepper better be cut soon. We are set on cap space for sure.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I completely agree. His playoff stats show that too. In the playoffs he had a 44% completion rate, 1 TD to 3 INTs, 437 yards (without hitting 200 once in 3 games), and a 50.8 QB rating. I don't hate Flacco, I actually think he can be pretty good, but he got way too much praise for his rookie year.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I completely agree. His playoff stats show that too. In the playoffs he had a 44% completion rate, 1 TD to 3 INTs, 437 yards (without hitting 200 once in 3 games), and a 50.8 QB rating. I don't hate Flacco, I actually think he can be pretty good, but he got way too much praise for his rookie year.
Agreed not enough love for the Ravens D.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sage Rosenfals traded to Minnesota for a 4th round draft pick.
Houston is brilliant for being able to get a 4th round pick for a guy that threw 6 TDs and 10 INTs last year.

But it also leaves the door slightly ajar for Kitna having trade value...however, unlikely since teams know about his roster bonus on Mar 3
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote