Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-15-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dawkins scares me. I think he has maybe one or two years left in him, good ones as well...but I don't think leaving the Eagles would be very smart for him. Sean Jones would be my ideal guy. Bit of an upgrade over Sanders and will probably cost as much. Drafting a safety in the second depending on who is there wouldn't be a bad idea either. Rashad Johnson is an interesting option to me. Merriweather can play the strong spot even if it's not an ideal fit, and Johnson would give us some playmaking ability we're currently lacking.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delmas, Chung, Moore, or Johnson would be great options. I guess the pats are looking really hard at Johnson, even considering 1st round ( I was talking about this with RoP the other day). We NEED a safety in the worst way this offseason. I hate to say it but Harrison is likely done.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
Delmas, Chung, Moore, or Johnson would be great options. I guess the pats are looking really hard at Johnson, even considering 1st round ( I was talking about this with RoP the other day). We NEED a safety in the worst way this offseason. I hate to say it but Harrison is likely done.
I'm really going to miss Rodney. He was my favorite defensive player for his first couple years here. He played the game as hard as they come, albeit a bit dirty and was never afraid of laying a guy out.

Out of those guys, I think Delmas and Johnson would be the best options. I'm not all that enthused about Chung. He's a little small for a strong safety and he's not particularly fluid in coverage. Solid overall game for a defensive back, but he doesn't do anything great besides tackle. Moore is interesting, but the Roy Williams(bad years) comparisons are out there. Bit of validity to that as well.

Johnson wouldn't be the best first round pick in the world, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. He has the entire Saban thing going for him. He would probably both fit and pickup our defense quickly and we know he's well coached.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Id Look at some DB's who have been around for a few years in free agency to mix in with the youth we have at that spot already.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We should worry about signing our own players - Gostkowski, Hobbs, Kaczur, Wilfork, Seymour, Mankins.... so that they arent all Free agents next year
Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris McAlister would be a great risk to take. They've picked up guys like that before. If they can get him at a bargain price, and give him moderate reps, the secondary will be worlds better for it.

Safety is a confusing position because there are a lot of young UFA's out there that may be better than any option available via draft. Unless William Moore comes in and proves he's 100% healthy and has good workouts and interviews, it's unlikely that there's anyone in the draft better than Gerald Sensabaugh, OJ Atogwe, Sean Jones (despite injuries), James Butler, or Jim Leonhard (possibly other FAs thrown in as well).

Hell, if the Pats trade Cassel to the Chiefs, they could pry one of Pollard, Page, or Morgan from them as part of the deal.
________
Easy vape mouthpiece

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:48 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for TBC to come back to the Pats. He didn't work out in SF, but he was an absolute beast in his last year with New England.
________
Hayley

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN.COM
Patriots looking at Hall?

DeAngelo Hall | Redskins | Interested: Patriots?

The Boston Globe reports that the New England Patriots may be looking to add cornerback DeAngelo Hall to their roster if the Washington Redskins are unable to secure him before the free agency period begins tomorrow.
The Patriots' ususally stout defense had issues last season, and according to the Globe, the team ranked 26th out of 32 teams in third down conversion percentage against, and 31st in red zone defense. In addition, the Patriots did express interest in Hall when he was released mid-season by the Oakland Raiders in 2008.

A true "shutdown corner", the flashy Hall would take over as the team's No. 1 cornerback on the depth chart. Although the Patriots' AFC East rivals do not have the electrifying wide receiver options that would necessitate spending a wheelbarrow full of cash on one of the league's elite cornerbacks, Hall would definitely help to contain the likes of Santonio Holmes and Reggie Wayne during an extended playoff run.

With the Cassel/Brady salaries- I don't know how serious or ideal this is.
Again- if he gives us a NE discount- I don't see why not. It can only help.

I'd love to grab Chung in the 2nd round as well.
Pass rushing OLB in the first

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hall or McAlister would be great signings. I would love for us to get Sean Jones, too. I'm pissed the Phins got Gibril Wilson, he is going to be a solid player for them.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hall signed with the Redskins. Where's McAllister at now?

F.Taylor signed with us. This makes me happy.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Taylor's a nice replacement for Jordan.
Glad to have TBC back.

I'm sure the main focus now is just on trading Cassel. Tampa lost out on Haynesworth, so they're Suitor #1. Sounds like Stafford is high on Detroit, but the feeling might not be mutual - so Detroit's back in the mix as well as Kansas City despite keeping Chan Gailey and having Thigpen.
________
KissMeWell

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thrilled about Fred Taylor, he could make a huge impact for us. Maroney could learn a lot from him, both have great size and speed with durability issues. Hopefully Fred can teach Laurence a little about dealing with those injuries and getting back on the field in top form.

Feed Moncrief
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Laurence Maroney kinda always reminded me of Freddy T. Hopefully he can learn something from him. Taylor should be a great complimentary player for us. I think he might have a couple good years left in him. 700+ yards with some touchdowns would be nice...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-27-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just saw on espn that the patriots also just signed chris baker, a tight end who used to play for the jets

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the status on Sanders? I think he's underrated and wouldn't mind my Cowboys making a run at him. Give me you guys input.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
i just saw on espn that the patriots also just signed chris baker, a tight end who used to play for the jets
That's a solid move. He was a whiney ***** at times in NY, but he's the ideal TE for the Pats.
________
How To Roll A Joint

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

J. Gaffney just signed with the Broncos.

Who's going to be our #3?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
J. Gaffney just signed with the Broncos.

Who's going to be our #3?
Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine. We need a WR through the draft. Vrabel and Cassel look to be gone too. We are going to get some solid picks for those guys if we do in fact trade them, and I would day we go WR as early as round 2 if we get some picks for Cassel and Vrabel. You have to respect both of those guys, especially Vrabel. He was instrumental in our success since the moment he put on a Pats uniform, I will always root for him.

Feed Moncrief
Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I guess it depends on what picks we get exactly
but as of right now- I'd like for us to target a CB and pass rushing OLB with our first two picks.

We shouldn't even be in this situation. ****** Chad Jackson.

On a side note: I know this is completely unrealistic but I'd love it if we could somehow snatch M.Austin (#11, I think) from Dallas.
That guy looks like a stud to me. He'd be a solid 3 IMO

Old 02-28-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if we get a late first from a possible cassel trade, i think they could target a WR. Harvin, DHB, Britt, Nicks could all be targeted imo

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Ya, if they get another first or early second, they need to invest in a WR with the first pick, depending on who's there... If they can get Maclin or DHB, that'd be sick.
________
Courneit

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think CB is where they go in round 1. LB, S, WR, are the possibilities IMO. Guyton, Mayo, Bruschi are really the only inside guys we got. OLB we have Thomas, Crable, Redd.... We'll prolly pick up some veterans for CB help, we always do. Safety there is Meriweather...and thats it
Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Cassel is going with Vrabel to KC.

If we get the Chiefs first rounder via swapping picks or a straight up trade, I will be ecstatic because that means we will almost certainly have Aaron Curry in a Pats uniform next year. Curry+Mayo for the future would be absolutely nuts.

Feed Moncrief
Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

TBC is back and they're high on Woods, so OLB isn't likely... ILB - there isn't much there. I'd like to see how William Moore does at his pro day. I like him, Chung, and maybe Bruton (a little later)...
________
EASY VAPE SAFETY

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

So what do we do with our 1st and KC's 2nd now?