Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-27-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Who should I pick in the group mock?

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30563

BTW I traded down to 20 just for fun, I don't actually want the 49ers to trade back any farther than 16th.
That's a tough call. Maybe trade down again? Or Larry English.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

BTW I traded down to 20 just for fun, I don't actually want the 49ers to trade back any farther than 16th.
Larry English or reach for Clay Matthews, I guess?

As for this Warner to SF nonsense, I am sure that is something the Niners are using to push Smith's negotiations or something Warner's representation is using to push their negotiations with the Cards.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope that we dont get Warner. I dont want him at all. I want Hill as the starter.

Happy we re-signed Spikes and have no problem bringing back Norris and Rossum even though I wanted Sproles to replace Rossum but obviously, thats not going to happen.

No big signings even though I would like to see us go after CB Phillip Buchanon to start opposite Clements and replace Harris.

I'm still hoping that we release Jennings and Roman.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I really hope that we dont get Warner. I dont want him at all. I want Hill as the starter.

Happy we re-signed Spikes and have no problem bringing back Norris and Rossum even though I wanted Sproles to replace Rossum but obviously, thats not going to happen.

No big signings even though I would like to see us go after CB Phillip Buchanon to start opposite Clements and replace Harris.

I'm still hoping that we release Jennings and Roman.
You would start Shaun Hill over Kurt Warner?

Tarell Brown looks to be the man at CB opposite Clements.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope that we don't get Warner in our offense he will be very average.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
GMoney
Rookie

GMoney hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Wow, this mock just shows how favourable of a position we are in. We get one of the top tier guys at a reasonable salary.

Britton or Loadholt?
English or Matthews?

Or do you go BPA and take a Moreno, McCoy or Vonte Davis?
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say English at that pick.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I did go with a pass rusher but it wasn't English. I went with Michael Johnson. I didn't like him before this past college season either but he really stepped it up in his senior season and his potential is just too much to pass up at 20.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I did go with a pass rusher but it wasn't English. I went with Michael Johnson. I didn't like him before this past college season either but he really stepped it up in his senior season and his potential is just too much to pass up at 20.
He's the one that is slipping because everyone thinks he's not motivated. He's like 7 in Scott's rankings for DEs.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His college career path sounds a fair bit like Kentwan Balmer's. Underachiever until his final year with a massive upside...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He's the one that is slipping because everyone thinks he's not motivated. He's like 7 in Scott's rankings for DEs.
Well I don't know how Scott could put Ayers ahead of Johnson. There are both underachievers with potential but Johnson had a better college career and has more upside.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...year-deal.html

The 49ers signed wide receiver Brandon Jones this morning to a five-year, $16.5 million contract with $5.4 million in guaranteed money, according to his agent.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

So roughly $3 million a year? I guess I'm okay with that but why such a long contract?
Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...year-deal.html

The 49ers signed wide receiver Brandon Jones this morning to a five-year, $16.5 million contract with $5.4 million in guaranteed money, according to his agent.
Very surprised at the deal SF gave him. I thought they were going to give him a two year deal.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems to be alot easier to backload a longer contract than a short one. Then in 3 years or so, they can restructure without having paid any of the chunk that was backloaded.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
So roughly $3 million a year? I guess I'm okay with that but why such a long contract?
That's barely going to affect the cap going forward. I guess Scot felt really good about his health and he must have had quite a nice interview this morning.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I think this is a solid signing coming off of his best year, and a perfect fit for the offense.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
You would start Shaun Hill over Kurt Warner?
Hell yeah.

Hill has already proven himself and deserves to be the starter. Warner isnt going to do anything for us. We dont have the receiving core that he has in ARZ plus he plays in a dome. Signing Warner would be a WASTE of money and cap room.

On a side note - who the hell is WR Brandon Jones and is he an upgrade over Bryant Johnson?????
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Hell yeah.

Hill has already proven himself and deserves to be the starter. Warner isnt going to do anything for us. We dont have the receiving core that he has in ARZ plus he plays in a dome. Signing Warner would be a WASTE of money and cap room.

On a side note - who the hell is WR Brandon Jones and is he an upgrade over Bryant Johnson?????
He is from the Titans and yeah if he stays healthy yes.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Bryant Johnson signed with the lowly Lions. Jones will be his replacement and is entering the prime of his career. A low risk, good depth pick. I think he plays better than his stats indicate as well. He's quick and has decent size.

Warner is a no-brainer to start over Hill in virtually every offense, other than a Wildcat scheme, where the QB would have to be mobile. I don't think the Niners will land Warner, but driving up the price on the Cards (and chewing up close to half their cap room) is a great move. :)

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Looks like Bryant Johnson signed with the lowly Lions. Jones will be his replacement and is entering the prime of his career. A low risk, good depth pick. I think he plays better than his stats indicate as well. He's quick and has decent size.

Warner is a no-brainer to start over Hill in virtually every offense, other than a Wildcat scheme, where the QB would have to be mobile. I don't think the Niners will land Warner, but driving up the price on the Cards (and chewing up close to half their cap room) is a great move. :)
Yes very they also lost Antonio Smith today to the Texans things are looking good :)
Old 02-28-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Brandon Jones fits the mold of exactly what Coach Sing is looking for. He has deep-threat speed, he is consistent and physical as a possession/move-the-chains guy, and he loves to run block. As far as I can tell, the reason Bryant Johnson was no longer in the plans is because he only filled one of those three criteria.

The simple fact that Jones (coming off the bench) led all Titans WRs in receptions is a good thing. In fact his 41 were only behind Scaife (58) and Chris Johnson (43). At least IMO 41 catches as a 3rd WR in the extremely run-heavy offense of the Titans is more intriguing than Bryant Johnson's 45 as a #2 WR in a Martz-led passing attack.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I don't think Jones is much of a deep threat. Jason Hill (4) and Josh Morgan (5) had the same amount of receptions of 20+ yards as Jones (4) in much less playing time.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think Jones is much of a deep threat. Jason Hill (4) and Josh Morgan (5) had the same amount of receptions of 20+ yards as Jones (4) in much less playing time.
You have to consider that Mike Martz system always produces the most plays of 20+ yards.

Jones' ratio of a 20+ yard catch in 37% of the games he has a catch is pretty decent.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
GMoney
Rookie

GMoney hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe I read somewhere that Jones ran a 4.38 recently.

That is deep threat speed if your asking me.

I agree that this is a good safe signing. 3 mill a year is not much to be paying a guy who MAY be a #2 or #3 WR.

What has happened to Battle. He seems to be very unliked recently. No love for Battle at #3 anymore? Is JHill a #2? Can morgan beat #1 corners?
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote