Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of want to trade Nazr, because he isn't getting any minutes and he'd be the main point in a trade to get a Backup PG.. But I doubt Chris Webber will resign with us, and if we get rid of Nazr, who will our starting Center be for next year? Sheed does not like playing Center. Free Agency will be limited because Dumars will likely have to give Chauncey a monster contract since he's going to opt out.

So, that leaves us with the draft.. I don't like the idea of starting a Rookie Center unless his name is Greg Oden.. and what are the odds we'll trade to the #1 spot to pick him? We have two Round 1's this year, but not much else.

Oh, wait.. We have rights Cheick Samb! All 7'1" and 215 pounds of him..

Smallest Big Guy ever.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
I kind of want to trade Nazr, because he isn't getting any minutes and he'd be the main point in a trade to get a Backup PG.. But I doubt Chris Webber will resign with us, and if we get rid of Nazr, who will our starting Center be for next year? Sheed does not like playing Center. Free Agency will be limited because Dumars will likely have to give Chauncey a monster contract since he's going to opt out.

So, that leaves us with the draft.. I don't like the idea of starting a Rookie Center unless his name is Greg Oden.. and what are the odds we'll trade to the #1 spot to pick him? We have two Round 1's this year, but not much else.

Oh, wait.. We have rights Cheick Samb! All 7'1" and 215 pounds of him..

Smallest Big Guy ever.
His brother Mamadou is a legitimate prospect. Could even possibly be a lottery pick in next couple years.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

goodbye D-Wade

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
goodbye D-Wade
The Magic's season all of a sudden looks brighter in their division.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade injured his left shoulder in the fourth quarter and was in so much pain that he had to be taken off in a wheelchair.

WHAT? Aren't shoulder injuries on your ARM and not your legs?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516
Wade injured his left shoulder in the fourth quarter and was in so much pain that he had to be taken off in a wheelchair.

WHAT? Aren't shoulder injuries on your ARM and not your legs?
I was wondering the same thing. Personally, I would've gone with the stretcher. Way more dramatic.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

it looked painful. he was crying.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wore Wade's jersey today, does that mean I am a curse? Damn, we're ******. Congrats Pistons on the Eastern title.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I wore Wade's jersey today, does that mean I am a curse? Damn, we're ***********. Congrats Pistons on the Eastern title.
Don't worry, even if Wade was healthy the Pistons still would have won it.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I wore Wade's jersey today, does that mean I am a curse? Damn, we're ***********. Congrats Pistons on the Eastern title.
Don't worry, even if Wade was healthy the Pistons still would have won it.
Now it is a certianty though, no miracles are gonna happen.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
goodbye D-Wade
This move means very little for the Magic. It's still the Heat-Pistons-Cavs and then Wizards-Bulls in the East. I'm trying to buy into the Pacers as legit comp, but I just can't do it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
goodbye D-Wade
This move means very little for the Magic. It's still the Heat-Pistons-Cavs and then Wizards-Bulls in the East. I'm trying to buy into the Pacers as legit comp, but I just can't do it.
Just wait till Ariza comes back. Magic will get at least the 8th seed.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...And the Blazers beat the Lakers. God I hate the Sonics for letting Nate go.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
goodbye D-Wade

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not.

I'm sure the Magic will make the playoffs, they aren't a bad team, they just don't seem to have the guns to make a run.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
goodbye D-Wade
You're on crack 51 if you think the Heat are the class of the East. And now that D-Wade is out, they'll fall even more. Shaq may be a good player still, but he's not what he was last year. They are an aging team which relies on Wade to take over ball games.

IMO it's Detroit....Chicago, Washington, and Cleveland. Then the rest of the East.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
goodbye D-Wade

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not.

I'm sure the Magic will make the playoffs, they aren't a bad team, they just don't seem to have the guns to make a run.
It's a half joke. Of course I have confidence in the guy. I didn't want to lose him last summer because he's a young stud. While he was in the line up, the Magic were a different team on the court and that's not a joke.

My minimum hopes are for the Magic make the playoffs. Heck, we don't have first rounder this year, so I don't want to miss the playoffs. At the same time, I'm not looney enough to have legit championship dreams. The Magic are extremely young, I'm not worried about winning the championship as I am moreso about seeing progress.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will upset Detroit in the Eastern Conference finals.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
goodbye D-Wade
You're on crack 51 if you think the Heat are the class of the East. And now that D-Wade is out, they'll fall even more. Shaq may be a good player still, but he's not what he was last year. They are an aging team which relies on Wade to take over ball games.

IMO it's Detroit....Chicago, Washington, and Cleveland. Then the rest of the East.
They weren't necessarily in order. But you're on crack if you've got the Bulls ahead of the Cavs. The Cavs only get run down by ESPN because they're dissapointed that the Lebron hype train hasn't carried them as far as of yet as they thought it would. The Cavs have had the 2nd best record in the East most of the season and are coming together quite nicely down the stretch.

Untill I know the status of Wade he's still ahead of Chicago and Washington. Washington is too inconsistent for my liking and Chicago seems like a nice team, but not a good/great team.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Rumored trade:

Nets trade Vince Carter to the Knicks for Channing Frye, and Jamal Crawford

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

Fred Jones for Juan Dixon.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Rumored trade:

Nets trade Vince Carter to the Knicks for Channing Frye, and Jamal Crawford
Pretty good one. I'd like to see Carter in NY. Frye and Crawford are not championship caliber players. They are just guys good enough to stick around while leaving you always looking around for an upgrade. The Nets have always been stuck in neutral so I wouldn't be surprised if they did this... instead of allowing Carter to leave and going shopping for themselves in FA.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Anyone else buying the Knicks making the playoffs? Now with the Wade-less Heat, fast-falling Magic, and soon to be decimated Nets?

As for the Carter trade, I'd be all for it. As long as we keep Lee and Curry, pretty much any trade would be all right with me. Frye looks lost on the court this season, he took a big step backward, imo.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Anyone else buying the Knicks making the playoffs? Now with the Wade-less Heat, fast-falling Magic, and soon to be decimated Nets?

As for the Carter trade, I'd be all for it. As long as we keep Lee and Curry, pretty much any trade would be all right with me. Frye looks lost on the court this season, he took a big step backward, imo.
With a 140M payroll, they better make the playoffs. Magic's payroll isn't even 60M. Shoot... the second highest is Dallas with a 92M payroll. 140M and talking about squeaking in the playoffs? Niiiiiice.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my oh my Hawks got an amazing steal they traded a future 2nd rounder for Anthony Johnson. All these teams like the Lakers and the Heat going crazy for a guy like kid when all it took was a future 2nd for a solid starting caliber point guard like Johnson. Also awsome Juan is on the Rap now I can see him play more, he's a hometown legend. 4 mins to deadline looks like no big deals.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Oh my oh my Hawks got an amazing steal they traded a future 2nd rounder for Anthony Johnson. All these teams like the Lakers and the Heat going crazy for a guy like kid when all it took was a future 2nd for a solid starting caliber point guard like Johnson. Also awsome Juan is on the Rap now I can see him play more, he's a hometown legend. 4 mins to deadline looks like no big deals.
Yeah.... Booooooooooooooooring... Should be an interesting summer. Everyone will have their chips stacked up.