Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully they've back down their ridiculous asking price of 2 first round picks as it were last yr.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Why not to the Raiders for their 3rd rounder?

That way Raiders fans could get their wish and take Johnson, maybe Thomas.
Just what I was thinking. They bring in a QB that is not a rookie and can choose to give him protection or a weapon with the #1 overall pick.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB value always gets a bit inflated, so I expect the Falcons to get a good deal. I could see a deal that's tied into Schaub's overall productivity with an additional pick in 2008. The Raiders make a lot of sense with Greg Knapp being there. Schaub's arm strenght isn't bad ... which is what the WCO comments make it sound like. It's not great, but it's good enough, probably better than Chad Pennington. If they could pull off a deal for Schaub, then I think the Raiders would end up going with Calvin Johnson at the top of the draft. I do think this creates the scenario where, if the Falcons struggle, Brohm could figure into their plans next year, depending on where they pick.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Hmm...where will he go? Not many WCO teams anymore. Houston might give up a 2nd for him. If Im Jacksonville, Id make a trade for Schaub. Or maybe Detroit gives up their 2nd for him and drafts Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with their 1st?

The plot thickens....
The plot thinkens should be your catch phrase from now on.

Anyway, If he doesn't go to a team that runs the WCO, I think that he'll be a dissapointment. If he goes to a team who runs a WCO, it's gunna be fun to watch. He's a system QB.
Well, theres not many WCO teams anymore. Its a dying breed. And the teams that do run WCO, theyre all set at qb except for Tampa, and Atlanta would never trade Schaub to Tampa.

I think Schaub can work in other schemes. He's more comfortable with WCO, but he can work as a regular qb, especially with his mobility.
we would trade Schaub to Tampa. but only if it was for #3/4 overall.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, I wonder about the comment of the WCO being a dying breed.

Denver, Houston, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Seattle

all still use strong variants of the initial WCO, while plenty of teams incorporate the WCO into packages and scheme usages, albeit, not as their "base" offense. That's not bad. Sure, it isn't like a few years ago, when the WCO seemed to be everywhere, but I don't think the dropoff is that much to call it a dying breed.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Any player can be on the trading block. It's what they get for him that matters. And no one is going to trade a first round pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub. Maybe Atlanta can make a deal like what Green Bay did with Seattle for Matt Hasselbach a few years ago.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
Any player can be on the trading block. It's what they get for him that matters. And no one is going to trade a first round pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub. Maybe Atlanta can make a deal like what Green Bay did with Seattle for Matt Hasselbach a few years ago.
Just wondering if you realized that Matt Hasselbeck got the Packers late first round value. Schaub's more accomplished than Hasselbeck when Matt was dealt. When Rob Johnson was dealt to Buffalo, I believe he netted them a first and fourth, although I'd have to check again. At relative points, Schaub has done more than Rob Johnson.

QB value is always inflated. I'm not saying Schaub will definitely get high value, as it depends on the market, but I think the Falcons could very well end up with first round value for Schaub.

Btw, the bet here is still Jacksonville. I still don't believe Leftwich will return, and Schaub's decision making could give them the stability needed at the position for the offense. Even if Leftwcih returns, there will be competition brought in. While I don't think the Jaguars would involve the 17th pick anymore (previously, I had once mocked the Jaguars getting Schaub and Atlanta's 2nd rounder for the 17th overall), I do think something like Jacksonville's 2nd rounder and a pick in 2008 (depending on starts, could be a first), might be something that's considered.

The Raiders obviously are up there, with their need for a QB and Greg Knapp being there. I think the Browns/Dolphins might be considerations ... but their fans would likely be aghast at the move. I wouldn't rule out the Ravens ... but if the price got high, then no. Over on the NFC side of things, Minnesota comes to mind as a possibility, but if the price got high, then no. There's probably a couple darkhorse teams that might get involved (I hate to say it ... but if the price isn't that high ... I could see the Bears perhaps poking around and maybe Carolina would be a darkhorse option.

I do find it interesting that the guy that had a huge role in developing Schaub is now the Falcons QB coach (Bill Musgrave).
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind him in Jax, what do you think of his deep ball? If he can throw a decent one I wouldn't mind the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He seems like a good fit inthe west coast offense, depending on whom gets him he should go to a west coast team.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I wouldn't mind him in Jax, what do you think of his deep ball? If he can throw a decent one I wouldn't mind the move.
'bout a quarter mile.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Raiders fan I wouldnÂ’t mind trading for him. We than could draft CJ or AP
Old 02-22-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is interesting, im wondering if the falcons plan to move up and grab calvin johnson...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I think CHI or CLE should aquire Shaub. Both teams have questionable QB's & bringing in Shaub would promote a huge competition in training camp/pre-season. Plus I think Shaub would be a good fit for both teams, especially CHI.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Hmm...where will he go? Not many WCO teams anymore. Houston might give up a 2nd for him. If Im Jacksonville, Id make a trade for Schaub. Or maybe Detroit gives up their 2nd for him and drafts Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with their 1st?

The plot thickens....
The plot thinkens should be your catch phrase from now on.

Anyway, If he doesn't go to a team that runs the WCO, I think that he'll be a dissapointment. If he goes to a team who runs a WCO, it's gunna be fun to watch. He's a system QB.
Well, theres not many WCO teams anymore. Its a dying breed. And the teams that do run WCO, theyre all set at qb except for Tampa, and Atlanta would never trade Schaub to Tampa.

I think Schaub can work in other schemes. He's more comfortable with WCO, but he can work as a regular qb, especially with his mobility.
we would trade Schaub to Tampa. but only if it was for #3/4 overall.
You can't even get that for Vick. LOL! Good one 'ole buddy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Oakland getting rid of Aaron Brooks, now I have my fingers crossed they trade their 2nd round pick for Matt Schaub. :) The 33rd pick would be close enough to what the Falcons want, in terms of value.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
With Oakland getting rid of Aaron Brooks, now I have my fingers crossed they trade their 2nd round pick for Matt Schaub. :) The 33rd pick would be close enough to what the Falcons want, in terms of value.
The feeling I've gotten since a month or so ago is that the package is going to have to be protected. It's possible the Raiders consider giving up their 2nd, but I'm not sure about that. I could see something like their 3rd, a future pick in 2008 that is dependant on, perhaps, starts, and another piece (heck, maybe Moss ... if they can find a 3rd team to slide Moss to).
Old 02-22-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every Raider fan would love to just trade Moss for Schaub.

That's if Kiffin wants Schaub, he seems to like both Russell and Quinn.

he said this draft has "Great" QBs in it.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984
Every Raider fan would love to just trade Moss for Schaub.
Of course they would.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG TEHY ARE MAKIGN TEH BIG MISTAK3 VICK SUXXORZ ZOMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoworld
Falcons signed QB James Kilian, formerly of the Nashville Kats.

It's possible Atlanta is adding quarterbacks to brace itself for a Matt Schaub trade, but more probable that Kilian was added as a "camp body."
Interesting, this may be meaningless, or it could be a sign of things to come..

It's pure conjecture, I know.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoworld
Falcons signed QB James Kilian, formerly of the Nashville Kats.

It's possible Atlanta is adding quarterbacks to brace itself for a Matt Schaub trade, but more probable that Kilian was added as a "camp body."
Interesting, this may be meaningless, or it could be a sign of things to come.
Probably a camp "arm" (body sounds a little too weird).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Yeah, I am reaching a bit. Who knows, though. I am sure Atlanta won't want to lose him for nothing next year.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It could be that Atlanta isn't certain about Vick's future and is keeping Shaub around in case they decide to get rid of Vick. This would be a make or break season than.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection
It could be that Atlanta isn't certain about Vick's future and is keeping Shaub around in case they decide to get rid of Vick. This would be a make or break season than.
I wouldn't call his first year in a brand new offensive system a "make or break" year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
I would love the Chiefs to go after him but we have so many holes I don't think we want to give up any draft picks we all ready are down a 4th round pick.

Give them Greg Wesley for Schaub
good call you should be a GM