Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
Brian Dawkins has 2 interceptions in 2 years.

None of these guys are going to upgrade the Broncos significantly.
1. He missed TC last year due to family issues and had nagging injuries all year.
2. He just had a season with this stat line...

75 tackles, 6 passes defensed, 1 INT, 6 FF, 3 sacks.
3. Here's a thought. Actually watch an Eagles game and see how Dawkins impacted the defense, mmk?
4. I'm going to go kill myself if I read one more Dawkins/Broncos thread.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The raiders have signed......0 so far

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who says Brian Dawkins is not an elite Safety in the NFL needs to actually watch Eagles games. The dude is incredible. He will be the Heart and Soul of the Broncos Defense. 5 years/17 Million is a STEAL!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
The raiders have signed......0 so far
LOL Seahawks too. But at least we were better off to start with.

Wait...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Grig
Rookie

Grig hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dolphins fan here, just wanted to weigh in on Renaldo Hill.

He's not terrible, but he's nothing more than a mediocre starter. He'd be much better suited to being a third safety or a dime back or something.

You're not upset that he's on the team or even playing, but you know you could do better.
Grig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Atleast their secondary will be improved, now if they can actually find a front 7 in the draft that'd be lovely. I'm a huge cutler fan I want to see him be able to play without having to worry about how long until his defense gives the lead back.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig View Post
Dolphins fan here, just wanted to weigh in on Renaldo Hill.

He's not terrible, but he's nothing more than a mediocre starter. He'd be much better suited to being a third safety or a dime back or something.

You're not upset that he's on the team or even playing, but you know you could do better.
Better than Lowery and Maunel.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Anyone who says Brian Dawkins is not an elite Safety in the NFL needs to actually watch Eagles games. The dude is incredible. He will be the Heart and Soul of the Broncos Defense. 5 years/17 Million is a STEAL!
Actually, I disagree with that last part. 5 years for a 35-year old safety with Dawkins' playing style is a bit of a stretch, but it's basically a two-year deal with options.

I don't know how Philly's going to go on without Dawk, though. The guy was the centerpiece of Jim Johnson's scheme. He'd line up all over the place. Deep FS, rover SS, over the slot receiver, blitzing etc...Man, I'm gonna miss him. Here's hoping for Brian Dawkins 2.0 in the 2010 draft with Eric Berry.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-RB J.J. Arrington- Probably will make the opening day roster. We have a lot of "okay" backs... 4-5 actually. So if he contributes.. It's because he's either a better player, or he's stepped his game up. Either is good.

-RB Correll Buckhalter- Should be the backup opening day IMO. Can't see the guy running the rock for us. Dunno why, but I think this job is still Torain's to loose.

-WR Jabar Gaffney- Should be buried on the depth chart behind Royal, Marshall and Stokley.

-S Renaldo Hill- Reaks of McCree.

-LS Lonie Paxton- No comment. If he doesn't cost us a game this year then MAYBE it's worth it. We'll never know.

-FS Brian Dawkins- Great signing. Great leadership. Huge upgrade at 35.

-LB Andra Davis- Good signing, yet not a big fan. Something tells me he doesn't even start opening day.

-DL Darrell Reid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YAhpcrCLg

-WR David Anderson (Offer sheet- Texans expected to match)
Dammit Kubes.

I still think they make a push for Peppers.
Yes Please.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

they are also interested in ray lewis

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Actually, I disagree with that last part. 5 years for a 35-year old safety with Dawkins' playing style is a bit of a stretch, but it's basically a two-year deal with options.

I don't know how Philly's going to go on without Dawk, though. The guy was the centerpiece of Jim Johnson's scheme. He'd line up all over the place. Deep FS, rover SS, over the slot receiver, blitzing etc...Man, I'm gonna miss him. Here's hoping for Brian Dawkins 2.0 in the 2010 draft with Eric Berry.
I'm just saying. For what? 3.2 Million per season? In the NFL today where players are signing ridiculous Contracts. It's a Steal.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a steal considering what is impact is likely to be.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
LOL Seahawks too. But at least we were better off to start with.

Wait...
Well, so much for that. Of all people to overpay, we gave Colin Cole a five year 21 million dollar contract...
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

I am so happy Sandra Davis is not going to play for the browns anymore! He was always slow to diagnose plays, got overwhelmed by blockers and was really good at getting dragged around by running backs. He was playing MLB when Jamal Lewis put up 500 yards in two games against us. I have been waiting for this day forever!
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sniper i think dawkins will come back to eagles to coach or something if it makes you happy

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
:( It sucks knowing that your special teams are going to be significantly worse before the season starts.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't B-Dawk sign with a team where he could chase a ring? I don't mean to knock the Broncos here but they aren't even settled at DC, right? At 35 he should have taken less money to sign with a contender, I'd like to see him get a ring.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Why wouldn't B-Dawk sign with a team where he could chase a ring? I don't mean to knock the Broncos here but they aren't even settled at DC, right? At 35 he should have taken less money to sign with a contender, I'd like to see him get a ring.
He could be part of the start of a dynasty with cutler and that explosive passing game, I could really see Dawk revitalizing that D and the secondary playing great which let's the upgrade front 7 perform at least mediocre and in turn actually let cutler not have to go apeshit to win games.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
He could be part of the start of a dynasty with cutler and that explosive passing game, I could really see Dawk revitalizing that D and the secondary playing great which let's the upgrade front 7 perform at least mediocre and in turn actually let cutler not have to go apeshit to win games.
Yah, always look on the bright side of life, I guess. It looks more like he went for the money/years as an aging NFL veteran but I suppose he could be projecting a Denver dynasty too.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
NJX9isahomoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Add LB Andra Davis to the list...

-RB J.J. Arrington
-RB Correll Buckhalter
-WR Jabar Gaffney
-S Renaldo Hill
-LS Lonie Paxton
-FS Brian Dawkins
-LB Andra Davis
-DL Darrell Reid
-WR David Anderson (Offer sheet- Texans expected to match)

And they still have cap room left. I still think they make a push for Peppers.
Only Dawkins is any good out of that list.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJX9isahomoo View Post
Only Dawkins is any good out of that list.
wow, youre not gonna last very long on this board.

im referring to your sn btw.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-01-2009 at 07:53 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Yah, always look on the bright side of life, I guess. It looks more like he went for the money/years as an aging NFL veteran but I suppose he could be projecting a Denver dynasty too.
He's really not getting paid that much so I somehow doubt it's the money, and most of those years are options aren't they? I just can't believe that Brian Dawkins couldn't get more cash on a more gauranteed deal, hell between spags' rams, Reese opening up the wallet in fa and all of the other teams who could use an attacking SS that couldn't have been his best contract offer, so I think that he wanted to go to denver for some reason. Maybe he just really wants to learn how to ski. *shrug*
Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that loves Buckhalter here??

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Buckhalter, but adding a fragile back to a cursed backfield is hard to get excited about. Hopefully the injury bug stays far away.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Am I the only one that loves Buckhalter here??
I like any RB in the Denver system of Shanahan...now I'm not sure

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote