Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I downloaded the 1.36gb version as it had the most seeds on mininova. I had zero problems. You failed.
I'm DL the 1.36gb from Piratesbay, so hopefully they'll be no problems. Has a nice number of seeders but it's still pretty slow, avg around 83 kb/s.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I downloaded the 1.36gb version as it had the most seeds on mininova. I had zero problems. You failed.
As you all know I'm computer ******** so I have no doubts I failed

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like I'm just waiting the ten days until it's on DVD

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Looks like I'm just waiting the ten days until it's on DVD
Just DL yourself the 1.36 gig version. That is the one I have and I have been giving no problems by it. There is no doubt in my mind I will be buying the DVD when it comes out as well though.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will most definately be purchasing the DVD. After sleeping on it, I think its possible that it is the best overall movie I have seen in a few years. Seriously, I think it blows away films like TWBB and NCFOM. Its just so much more personal, and so much more...intellectual? Not sure what Im looking for there, but I remember that the play within the play and the actors playing actors and the gigantic web it forms kind of reminded me of Hamlet. Its a very smart film, but I also like that its in intelligence, there is a certain amount of naivete and an uncompromising harshness. I just cant begin to explain how moving the film is, and I thought it was BY FAR the best movie from last year, and I was a big fan of CCOBB. Charlie Kaufman might be one of my favorite writers of all time, not just screenplay writers. Dear god, what a fantastic film.

And Gonzo, how absolutely jaw droppingly fantastic was the ending?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I will most definately be purchasing the DVD. After sleeping on it, I think its possible that it is the best overall movie I have seen in a few years. Seriously, I think it blows away films like TWBB and NCFOM. Its just so much more personal, and so much more...intellectual? Not sure what Im looking for there, but I remember that the play within the play and the actors playing actors and the gigantic web it forms kind of reminded me of Hamlet. Its a very smart film, but I also like that its in intelligence, there is a certain amount of naivete and an uncompromising harshness. I just cant begin to explain how moving the film is, and I thought it was BY FAR the best movie from last year, and I was a big fan of CCOBB. Charlie Kaufman might be one of my favorite writers of all time, not just screenplay writers. Dear god, what a fantastic film.

It is the ending I have always wanted to see. Perfect in every way. This going going to be a love it or hate it movie because of how sort of personal the film is. I loved every second of it and I will agree that it is one of my favorite movies now. I will be picking up my copy of the day it comes out so I can watch it over and over again.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for you lazy people like me that wanna wait to dl it....it's up on watch-movie-links also

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It was actually somewhat comparable to seeing fight club in the theater for the first time as a teenager for me. Not a comparable movie obviously, but somewhat of the same thought provoking ideas and ...and ... something. I don't know.

Can't wait for the DVD.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It was actually somewhat comparable to seeing fight club in the theater for the first time as a teenager for me. Not a comparable movie obviously, but somewhat of the same thought provoking ideas and ...and ... something. I don't know.

Can't wait for the DVD.
I was just saying that to someone today. For me watching Synecdoche for the first time was very much like watching Fight Club for the first time. Synecdoche is all about issues I am dealing with at this point in my life and I completly identify with the movie and love it. Watching Fight Club for the first time was a very similar experiance.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was just saying that to someone today. For me watching Synecdoche for the first time was very much like watching Fight Club for the first time. Synecdoche is all about issues I am dealing with at this point in my life and I completly identify with the movie and love it. Watching Fight Club for the first time was a very similar experiance.
I can definitely see how watching Fight Club could be a similar experience. Fight Club, for me, is one of the most moving films Ive ever watched, and its final scene is my all time favorite scene. Synechdoche has a similar haunting feel to it. I mean, it just leaves you thinking about so much. It makes you question your existence and purpose here, and its shocking how well it does that. Obviously, I prefer Fight Club, but its difficult to prepare the two films. I think its absolutely fantastic how Kaufman manages to mix fiction with reality and Synecdoche, and maybe once more people have seen it we can discuss a few of those scenes in detail. I wont ruin alot of them for now, because they are emotional, powerful and moving, but the detail with which he meshes two completely different worlds together always astounds me.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I can definitely see how watching Fight Club could be a similar experience. Fight Club, for me, is one of the most moving films Ive ever watched, and its final scene is my all time favorite scene. Synechdoche has a similar haunting feel to it. I mean, it just leaves you thinking about so much. It makes you question your existence and purpose here, and its shocking how well it does that. Obviously, I prefer Fight Club, but its difficult to prepare the two films. I think its absolutely fantastic how Kaufman manages to mix fiction with reality and Synecdoche, and maybe once more people have seen it we can discuss a few of those scenes in detail. I wont ruin alot of them for now, because they are emotional, powerful and moving, but the detail with which he meshes two completely different worlds together always astounds me.
I have been thinking about the movie a lot and I really don't think it will be enjoyed by anybody who is very religious. What happens after death plays such a large part in the film (not just the plot but the overall feel) that I don't think somebody who believes in life after death will ever be ableto fully appreciate the movie and I can see those kind of people completely dismissing it. It really is amazing howmuch the movie reflects what kind of person I am at this point in my life. I just need to come to terms with the fact that not everybody who sees the movie will love it.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have been thinking about the movie a lot and I really don't think it will be enjoyed by anybody who is very religious. What happens after death plays such a large part in the film (not just the plot but the overall feel) that I don't think somebody who believes in life after death will ever be ableto fully appreciate the movie and I can see those kind of people completely dismissing it. It really is amazing howmuch the movie reflects what kind of person I am at this point in my life. I just need to come to terms with the fact that not everybody who sees the movie will love it.
I'm not sure about that because I consider myself to be somewhat religious in a sense. Do I attend church? No, but I love the study of religion and it is a topic that fascinates me and I also see the benefit with almost all religion save the fanatics.

I get what you mean though, I think you meant to say that it wouldn't appeal to a person who is stubborn and hard headed enough to believe that they know what will happen to them after death (or at least have convinced themselves they know what will happen after death), whether that person is an atheist or religious zealot it applies equally well to close minded people.

Your second part I totally agree, it's a very personal movie that will affect people different (in some cases like ours very strongly) ways. Kaufman has made a masterpiece here that will stand the test of time and only be considered greater and greater as time goes on. Citizen Kane didn't win best picture but 60+ years later a lot of well respected film people consider it the greatest movie ever made and I could see this movie having the same fate 60+ years down the line.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure about that because I consider myself to be somewhat religious in a sense. Do I attend church? No, but I love the study of religion and it is a topic that fascinates me and I also see the benefit with almost all religion save the fanatics.

I get what you mean though, I think you meant to say that it wouldn't appeal to a person who is stubborn and hard headed enough to believe that they know what will happen to them after death (or at least have convinced themselves they know what will happen after death), whether that person is an atheist or religious zealot it applies equally well to close minded people.

Your second part I totally agree, it's a very personal movie that will affect people different (in some cases like ours very strongly) ways. Kaufman has made a masterpiece here that will stand the test of time and only be considered greater and greater as time goes on. Citizen Kane didn't win best picture but 60+ years later a lot of well respected film people consider it the greatest movie ever made and I could see this movie having the same fate 60+ years down the line.
I have really wanted to see this movie and soon will have an opportunity too. However, your last point may be a little strong. You cannot really tell which movies will stand the test of time. The only knowledge of this is actual time.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:

You are correct, I meant people who are very closed minded about their views on life, religion, and what really happens after death. I know a few of those types of people and I know this movie would not be for them. As far as everything else you wrotes goes, I agree with it all.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I have really wanted to see this movie and soon will have an opportunity too. However, your last point may be a little strong. You cannot really tell which movies will stand the test of time. The only knowledge of this is actual time.
That is true. Nobody can tell for sure whether or not this movie will be considered great in time but I also think it will be. Synecdoche, New York is the result of one of the most talented men in the business making a movie that over time will represent a generation of people and it does so with beauty, intelligence, horror, and just a general feel that had me feeling a sense of relief that I am not the only one who spendshis life worrying about this very real issues. I have said on numerous occasions that There Will Be Blood will be appreciated more over time for being such an incredible well made film. Synecdoche will be remembered for not only being an incredible well made film but also for being so much more than just a movie.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I roll my eyes every time I watch Fight Club. Not that I think its a bad movie, I just find the twist rather stupid.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Terrance Malick's next film will span the history of the universe.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/18...URS/Page1.html

I think he is an incredible filmaker and because he is so brilliant at making epic films I am very excited for this.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I roll my eyes every time I watch Fight Club. Not that I think its a bad movie, I just find the twist rather stupid.
Well you are more then entitled to your opinion, but I just like to know why its stupid?
Quote:
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I still say the ending of Fight Club the novel was better!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you are more then entitled to your opinion, but I just like to know why its stupid?
I just think the twist is rather ridiculous. I know this is fiction and everything, but I find the fact that everything his 'friend' does is actually him and hes just too out of it from sleep deprivation to realize it a bit ludicrous.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I still say the ending of Fight Club the novel was better!
And this is where you and I disagree, because I think that Fight Club is one of the few adaptions where the end product is better then the source material. I find the ending in the movie is so much more cathartic then the ending in the book and really cements the romantic aspect of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I just think the twist is rather ridiculous. I know this is fiction and everything, but I find the fact that everything his 'friend' does is actually him and hes just too out of it from sleep deprivation to realize it a bit ludicrous.
Actually, if you have ever met someone with multiple personality disorder, you wouldnt find it far fetched. In fact, of all the things that happen in the movie, that is probably the farthest from fiction. I personally have met several people who suffer from it, and its quite scary how different and how separate the personalities are. If you read up on it, as it is a real disease, then you would see that that part of the movie isnt ridiculous or far fetched at all.

And he didnt create Tyler because of the insomnia. His frustration with the consumer based society that he found himself in, along with his attraction to Marla and his increasing loneliness were what caused his personality to sllinter. The insomnia, or sleep deprivation as you call it, was simply a by product of the multiple personality disorder which made it possible for the supressed personality (Tyler) to express himself. They do a better job of explaining that in the book then in the movie, and while its obviously fiction, the reasons you stated for it being ridiculous are actually based firmly in fact. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however, and if you didnt like the movie, then thats more then fair I suppose.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt enjoy Synecdoche, New York as much as I thought I would. It was good but I dont know, I wasnt blown away by it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got through the first half of Synecdoche, New York. I honestly have no idea where it is going. It is such a mind ****...hopefully I'm not just an idiot and am missing something...but needless to say I'm tired and it has kept me awake wondering wtf is happening next. I've repeatedly said "wtf" out loud a few times during this movie.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Just got through the first half of Synecdoche, New York. I honestly have no idea where it is going. It is such a mind ****...hopefully I'm not just an idiot and am missing something...but needless to say I'm tired and it has kept me awake wondering wtf is happening next. I've repeatedly said "wtf" out loud a few times during this movie.
The movie only gets more ****** up.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
All the stuff i said about Fight Club, cut down to save space etc etc
Meh, its more than just whether its believable for him not to notice. The fact that no one else mentions, notices, comments on it etc until near the very end when they decide to reveal the twist builds on its ridiculousness. I never said I didnt like the movie either, as I actually stated I do enjoy it. I just find it vastly overrated, especially because I do not care for the twist at all.

Any maybe you should spend less time hanging out with schizophrenics, eh?