Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-03-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Criminals? I think a great quality about Scott is that while he's so ferocious on the field, he's fantastic off it. There's a couple articles about what he does for children and what his high school coach said about him.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

I wasn't actually referring to Criminals...I mean they are a lot more "Thuggish" and intimidating then Anthony Schlegel and Matt Chatham etc....

Bart Scott is not a criminal at all. He probably had one of the most articulate interviews I've heard in a while..
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'm starting to worry that I'm setting myself up for disappointment in the draft. There was a time I would have been okay with a myriad of different positions in the first round such as a safety or inside linebacker, but as those positions were filled in free agency, suddenly I only want the Jets to draft a wide receiver in the first round.

:(
I'm prepped to be disappointed as well. At least the picks after our first should be pretty fun with no particularly clear needs and lots of guys that could help us out at various positions. Not like I'll be looking for a WR after the first either so everything we do in rounds 2-7 should be interesting to say the least.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay that last post made me want to do a Jets Mock. I'm not going to do trades, because they are too hard to predict.

Round 1, Pick 17 - Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR Maryland
Yes, he's raw, but like almost all Jets fans, I would love to get this guy. I think he can develop into a premier number 1, which would leave us with a dangerous offense. DHB, Cotchery, and Keller are 3 great options for whoever is a QB.

Round 2, Pick 49 - Ron Brace - NT Boston College
Scott has him picked 2 picks after us, going to Atlanta, but I think he'd be a great pick for us. Safety, Quarterback, and Defensive End, are also options here, but he could come in and provide great depth behind Jenkins. Our goal line defense could be really scary too. Ellis, Jenkins, and Brace would be difficult to move.

Round 3, Pick 78 - Cody Brown - OLB UCONN
We only have 5 NFL caliber linebackers on our roster right now (Harris, Scott, Pace, Thomas, and Gholston). Even though we have some young, raw talent (Kenwin Cummings, Marques Murrell, Branden Renkart, and Jason Trusnik), we should really try and get a LB. Even if 2 of those young guys are ready, linebacker depth in a 3-4 defense is a must. Brown is your typical size for a 3-4 LB (6-3, 250).

*note: I watch a lot of Big East games, so I may be overrating him a bit, but I would love to see him in green.

Round 3, Pick 81 - Rashad Jennings - RB Liberty
He didn't play against great competition, but he's a physical freak. I think he could be the power back that we need. I haven't seen much of him other than highlights but he looks like he can be a powerful runner for us.

Round 4, A - Darryl Richard - DE Georgia Tech
I'll be the first to admit he doesn't have the height of a 3-4 DE, but I can't find any other negatives about him. Along with Brace, our DL gains valuable size and depth.

Round 4, B - Anthony Hill - TE NC St
I'm not sure if he'll be here, but I do know he's the best blocking TE in the draft. Losing Baker hurts our goal line/short yardage run game, and I think Hill can take his spot. Keller is the anti-blocking TE.

Round 5 - Dominique Jackson - DB Jackson ST.
Our secondary really looks set right now, but depth can't hurt. According to Scott, Jackson has the potential to be a safety or corner, and we all know how much versatility matters in the secondary. He can battle with Poteat and Coleman for CB time or Elam and Smith for S time.

Round 6 - Deon Butler - WR Penn St
I'll be the first to admit, this is a homer pick. I really don't know much about where he may be drafted, but I know Scott has him ranked pretty far down. Butler has got incredible speed, and even though he's small, he's can be a game changer with the ball in his hands. Why not take him and let him battle it out with our other WRs.

Round 7 - Drew Willy - QB Buffalo
Another homer pick, but idk much about 7th round prospects. He's got good size (6-3 220), a cannon for an arm, and a willingness to learn. He improved from nothing to a draft prospect in his 4 years at UB. Plus he grew up 20 min from me. :)

After the first few picks it got really hard, but I think this would be great. We get a future number 1 WR, huge DL depth, a downhill runner, LB depth, a blocking TE, secondary depth, and a QB to develop in the practice squad.

Last edited by TimD : 03-03-2009 at 04:20 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'm prepped to be disappointed as well. At least the picks after our first should be pretty fun with no particularly clear needs and lots of guys that could help us out at various positions. Not like I'll be looking for a WR after the first either so everything we do in rounds 2-7 should be interesting to say the least.
It should be hard to mess up the 1st round. There is good depth at the top for wr. Clearly one of the top guys is going to be there. As long as we walk away with maclin, DHB, Britt, or Nicks(Im not as sold on him) we will have done what we needed in the first. I think Tannenbaum and Ryan know that wr is the only glaring need the team has.

In my mind, the only possible disappointment from the first could be if Ryan decides that, as a running team, having another weapon in the pass game is unnecessary. Its possible that if he is ready for a real run heavy team, he may see Keller, Cotchery and all the young guys as enough. I strongly doubt this scenario because I can't see a team with this much talent (that isn't the titans) going into the season with such a weak receiving group.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like that draft at all save for Donald Brown, but I wouldn't see why he'd fall to the third and I don't think he's that great of a fit anyway (and he isn't a good compliment to Leon).
Old 03-03-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright haha constructive criticism is welcomed haha. i kinda went with a different approach (NT in rd 2, and LB in rd 3). I'll probably replace Brown with someone who will be a 3rd rounder.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually kinda like the draft, with or without brown. My two biggests problems that are Cody Brown in round two and a Drew Willy round 7, but otherwise its interesting and pretty solid.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
It should be hard to mess up the 1st round. There is good depth at the top for wr. Clearly one of the top guys is going to be there. As long as we walk away with maclin, DHB, Britt, or Nicks(Im not as sold on him) we will have done what we needed in the first. I think Tannenbaum and Ryan know that wr is the only glaring need the team has.

In my mind, the only possible disappointment from the first could be if Ryan decides that, as a running team, having another weapon in the pass game is unnecessary. Its possible that if he is ready for a real run heavy team, he may see Keller, Cotchery and all the young guys as enough. I strongly doubt this scenario because I can't see a team with this much talent (that isn't the titans) going into the season with such a weak receiving group.
Agreed, the "prepped to be disappointed" comment was that I'm preparing myself to not draft a wideout in the first round. If we do, it's all good more or less.

Figured I wouldn't quote that whole mock...I really like the first two picks a lot, basically everybody but Brown. I do question how many picks you've got us having, though. If I'm correct we only have one third (+1 for Vilma, -1 for Favre), one fourth (+1 for Kendall, -1 for Vilma to compensate for the fourth we got last year), and no fifth (-1 for Sheppard).
Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
alright haha constructive criticism is welcomed haha. i kinda went with a different approach (NT in rd 2, and LB in rd 3). I'll probably replace Brown with someone who will be a 3rd rounder.
Alright. Well, I just don't like DHB like everyone else does, so that's just going to be an issue in probably every mock. As for Brace, well, I don't think you draft a back-up for arguably your strongest position (might be ILB now) in the 2nd round, unless you foresee Jenkins being done in the next two years. I don't think I've ever seen a team have a Pro Bowl player at a position in their prime and then turn around and draft their back-up that early.

Cody Brown seems to have nice triangle numbers and production and all that, but really, when would he see the field? Unless of course we see Gholston as a bust already. This would be a good pick next year if Gholston doesn't appear to pan out, but it's a throwaway at this point.

I see you've changed it to Rashad Jennings who I love. Pretty sure we don't have two third rounders though unless I'm mistaken. But in any case, I think he's perfect for us.

I guess after that it's kind of hard to figure where people will most probably be available at. Pretty sure we only have one fourth rounder as well. I do like the idea of getting a DE, but I don't particularly like Richard. If we took a blocking TE in the 4th, well, I guess at that point I can't be too angry, but I think that's a complete waste. Butler's pretty much a poor man's Clowney. Of course, everyone keeps calling for us to draft an undersized burner for some reason, so I guess that's just something else I don't agree with.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

The one thing I don't like about Heyward-Bey is that I'm starting to get the feeling he could be a bit of a better Williamson. I have a friend that ran with him when Heyward-Bey was a senior in highschool and he is basically a physical machine and not so much of a receiver. The last best thing to come out of Maryland that could catch was Vernon Davis and he nearly as great as he is supposed to be.

IMO, I think we go after Hakeem Nicks (trading down a little deeper) or get Maclin. While we have a ton of returners, I think Maclin is the type of guy that Schottenheimer can use in his playbook becuase of his speed and abilities. I truly think that he would be a great guy to run a bunch of trick plays and also he can be a deep threat. I think Hakeem Nicks is a great possession receiver which is what I would like to see on the Jets next to Cotcherry. I think those are both good picks. I mean if he is available, its gotta be Crabtree but I think he will be way gone. I still think we should consider Tyson Jackson in the first round or even a possibility of going up for Sanchez inless we are going to sign some kind of Veteran and ill be frankly honest, Im getting sick and tired of the Old man QB stepping in every year so it would be nice for youth (and I dont think any of you are sold on Kellen).

As for some later WR's to pick, Tiquan Underwood can make a real solid slot receiver in the NFL wouldn't mind going that route also Brian Robiskie is a big receiver who did some damage at OSU. For RB's, I really liek Shonn Greene, real hard runner and knows how to run down hill, while maybe a taller version of Thomas Jones, would be a really good compliment to Leon aswell as Javon Ringer. While these guys maybe higher draft picks then what we want, those would be two really good compliments. Besides the fact taht I go to Pitt, I really dont like Donald Brown and I see him not doing a lot of work in our type of offense already when we have a Leon Washington type of guy.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Begin the chant. RE-CEI-VER! RE-CEI-VER! RE-CEI-VER!
Yes sir. And I wont stop chanting after we pick.

Quote:
I'm starting to worry that I'm setting myself up for disappointment in the draft. There was a time I would have been okay with a myriad of different positions in the first round such as a safety or inside linebacker, but as those positions were filled in free agency, suddenly I only want the Jets to draft a wide receiver in the first round.

:(
Yea I feel the same way. After filling all our holes on D the only pick I want in the 1st round is a WR.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I actually agree with the sentiment of Young Nasty Man. I am a little nervous about DHB being an athlete and not a reciever, however, I do not agree with the invocation of Troy Williamson. Watching DHB play makes you believe he is more polished as a route runner and pass catcher than Williamson was coming out.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Alright. Well, I just don't like DHB like everyone else does, so that's just going to be an issue in probably every mock. As for Brace, well, I don't think you draft a back-up for arguably your strongest position (might be ILB now) in the 2nd round, unless you foresee Jenkins being done in the next two years. I don't think I've ever seen a team have a Pro Bowl player at a position in their prime and then turn around and draft their back-up that early.
I understand your treipdation about drafting DHB, although I feel differently, but I will have to disagree with selection Ron Brace. Last year, when Jenkins went down and Pouh-bear was in, teams ran right at us and we basically were as effective at stopping them as a mesh condom stopping pregnancy. It might seem a bit overkill drafting a person who is going to be considered as mainly a backup, but I think his presence will be felt as more than just a backup.

Towards the end of the season, Jenkins was clearly wearing down and when he wasn't playing up to his standards, our team drastically suffered. Besides keeping Jenkins fresh and thus our defense stout and running on all cylinders, Brace could be used in the 4-3 type of alignments right next jenkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I actually agree with the sentiment of Young Nasty Man. I am a little nervous about DHB being an athlete and not a reciever, however, I do not agree with the invocation of Troy Williamson. Watching DHB play makes you believe he is more polished as a route runner and pass catcher than Williamson was coming out.

I can definitely see the Williamson comparisons, but I don't view them as that bad. He has all the physical tools and is known as a hard worker, but just has terrible hands. Watching DHB play and run the gauntlet at the combine shows he obviously has better hands than Williamson; the only thing holding back Williamson was his terrible hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
Yes sir. And I wont stop chanting after we pick.

Yea I feel the same way. After filling all our holes on D the only pick I want in the 1st round is a WR.
I will cry tears, tears of joy if we draft one of Maclin or DHB. And use said tears as masturbatory lubricant.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Is there any word of us going after any veteran QBs currently?

Via BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I understand your treipdation about drafting DHB, although I feel differently, but I will have to disagree with selection Ron Brace. Last year, when Jenkins went down and Pouh-bear was in, teams ran right at us and we basically were as effective at stopping them as a mesh condom stopping pregnancy. It might seem a bit overkill drafting a person who is going to be considered as mainly a backup, but I think his presence will be felt as more than just a backup.

Towards the end of the season, Jenkins was clearly wearing down and when he wasn't playing up to his standards, our team drastically suffered. Besides keeping Jenkins fresh and thus our defense stout and running on all cylinders, Brace could be used in the 4-3 type of alignments right next jenkins.
Oh I definitely think we should draft a back-up, but I just don't think that's something you do with your 2nd rounder. Not only is that wasteful but if I were Jenkins, I'd see it as an insult. And nothing really says definitively that Brace will be a great NT, so I don't see why we can't wait a couple rounds and draft someone like a Sammie Lee Hill much later.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I'm going to say based on Tim's mock and the responses.

Lets assume for a minute that the Jets do what (most of) we want and draft one of the high profile speedy wide receivers in the first round. What then? After the first round, the Jets don't really have much in the way of needs beyond depth. So just about anyone makes sense regardless of position. I'd say the lone exception to that is center.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
Every question that has been asked to Tanubaum about our QB situation, he has said dont rule out signing a QB but i highly doubt we pick one up. the organization seems to be confident with the QBs on our team and there hasnt been one media source of us talking to any free agent QB
Old 03-03-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

I figured. I really think we are going to be looking at all 3 even though we are at #17. A lot of trades are going to go down I have a feeling. Im starting to think Peppers wont be dealt till then and will shake up the draft. Also, the real question is going to be what happens at Seattle's #4 and then at Oakland becuase if all works out we could wind up with Possibly Maclin, Sanchez, or maybe even Crabtrizzle....Doubtful but its going to be interesting to see hte trickle effect I really just want to stay away from DHB...Something about a virtual workout warrior isnt selling me...

Via BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:

Lets assume for a minute that the Jets do what (most of) we want and draft one of the high profile speedy wide receivers in the first round. What then? After the first round, the Jets don't really have much in the way of needs beyond depth. So just about anyone makes sense regardless of position. I'd say the lone exception to that is center.
Yeah beyond that it's just schematic/skill set picks. A running back would be great...but I want a big one. If we draft a little quick guy with nice hands you can color me confused. So I really don't think you're going to see anybody say **** we took position X, but it's going to be an issue if the guy doesn't fit something that we need at the position. Or if we take some 6'1 290 pound defensive lineman who clearly doesn't have the frame to play the nose...things like that can be questioned but outside of that I see little issue position to position.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

After we take WR in the 1st (im praying we do) then anything is possible. DE is probably the only other position that sticks out as a need. Coleman is solid but it would be nice to get a power guy in there. And Ellis probably still has a good 2 years left in him but after that im not to sure. So WR and DE should both go in day 1. After that we take BPA that would fit into our type of play. Gotta say that I dont think I have ever been this excited considering we dont have to reach for a need. Should be a great draft as well as a great year.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:

Word on the street is that Rex wants to ride and die with the three we have now and thinks the heir apparent to Favre is currently on our team. It's possible that we could sign one, but Rex seems to be a straight shooter and has given no reason to think otherwise. He feels as though a vet wouldn't allow us to evaluate the talent that we currently have on our team and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh I definitely think we should draft a back-up, but I just don't think that's something you do with your 2nd rounder. Not only is that wasteful but if I were Jenkins, I'd see it as an insult. And nothing really says definitively that Brace will be a great NT, so I don't see why we can't wait a couple rounds and draft someone like a Sammie Lee Hill much later.
Understandable. I am a proponent for drafting Brace early, but I can see why one wouldn't be. I definitely would like a DE, considering I was quite dissapointed with losing out on Kendal Langford last year.

I really wish we would entertain the thought of signing Igor Olshanksy this year in FA, but I'm sure there's a reason we aren't.

Quote:

I have a gut feeling, along with yours, that we will be dissapointed when we don't get a first round WR this year. However, if we do get our first round WR, than I really wouldn't be upset with going BPA as long as it's not a C or QB.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

I think there is still a very large chance we are going to sign a guy by the name of Tyson Jackson and then a WR in the second round. While Defense was probably the stronger side of the ball last year (first half of hte year), he looks as if he wnats to address this very much and a DE is on of the most important parts of the 3-4 defense...

Via BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think there is still a very large chance we are going to sign a guy by the name of Tyson Jackson and then a WR in the second round. While Defense was probably the stronger side of the ball last year (first half of hte year), he looks as if he wnats to address this very much and a DE is on of the most important parts of the 3-4 defense...
I wouldn't be very happy if the Jets drafted Tyson Jackson ahead of the DHB or Maclin but I could very easily see it happening. If the Jets decided to wait until the second round to go WR, who would they take? I would think the best candidates left would be Louis Murphy and Brian Robieski. Louis Murphy is...... a florida wide receiver and Robieski is more of a Cotchery substitute than a complement.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't be very happy if the Jets drafted Tyson Jackson ahead of the DHB or Maclin but I could very easily see it happening. If the Jets decided to wait until the second round to go WR, who would they take? I would think the best candidates left would be Louis Murphy and Brian Robieski. Louis Murphy is...... a florida wide receiver and Robieski is more of a Cotchery substitute than a complement.
Thats the problem is that I think we can easily solve this problem of DE by signing Betrand Berry or Igor Olshanky. Both are proven and can both play. While one's tire tread is running low, I believe the other one is a better acquistion and played on a terrifying defense the last few years. I think by getting a proven Veteran, you solve the problem and allow the Jets to draft the position we all want at WR.

Now the odds of this happening: Very doubtful.

We all know the Jets for being the great organization they are when it comes to drafting and make great acquisitions. i.e. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...lund ers&aq=f

I really think once you get past Kenny Britt, the receivers aren't known for being number one receivers and I think the value drops vastly. I would love to see Maclin. Considering Rex said he wants to use Leon as more of a tailback, I think Maclin solves the problem at WR and PR/KR. The only person I'd take in the second round is Underwood. He is a deep threat and has caused a lot of problems for other teams at Rutgers.

Via BoneKrusher