Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
When compared to the other power conferences (Big East/ACC), it's pretty average. I didn't mean that it's middle of the pack when all NCAAB conferences are compared.
So what does that make the Big 12, because it's worse than the Big 10...Not as bad as the Pac-10 but still not very good. I think the next one down on that scale is what, mediocre?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Self>Weber

National Championship>Sitting at home watching

Should I continue?

Am I supposed to be impressed that Weber coached his team to the middle of pack in an average conference?
Middle of the pack? Try top 3, looking at #2 if MSU beats Purdue and we close out against Penn State.

If you can't see the talent depletion on Illinois' roster this year I don't know what to tell you. And by talent I mean how good they are right now, not how much upside they have. Aldrich and Collins are two of the better players in the conference, I said KU wouldn't be top 15 because I thought that the Big 12 would actually put up a fight this year, but instead your conference sucked monkey nuts. You have a better team on paper than we do this year and we have a better conference.

I'm not trying to downplay what Self did here; losing Rush, Kaun, Jackson, Arthur, Chalmers, and Robinson was a lot and he recovered nicely but Weber has seriously taken a bunch of nobody's and is at the top of a solid conference with no bad losses (losing to bad teams, not bad games).

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:35 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
So what does that make the Big 12, because it's worse than the Big 10...Not as bad as the Pac-10 but still not very good. I think the next one down on that scale is what, mediocre?
I honestly don't think there is a significant difference between the Big 10 and the Big 12 as far as talent goes.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I honestly don't think there is a significant difference between the Big 10 and the Big 12 as far as talent goes.
I'm not talking about talent, I'm talking about teams.

The Big 10 as a whole is a better conference than the Big 12 and I don't think it's that close. Texas and Missouri ******** down their legs really hurts your conference. We smashed Missouri, MSU smashed you guys, doesn't say a lot about your conference in terms up head to head matchups at the top of your conference.

I'd say the Big 10 played out how pretty much everyone thought it would apart from Illinois doing what they did.

Now I think Oklahoma is better than anything we have but you didn't play the Sooners at full strength, without Griffin they are a completely different team.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I'm not talking about talent, I'm talking about teams.

The Big 10 as a whole is a better conference than the Big 12 and I don't think it's that close. Texas and Missouri ******** down their legs really hurts your conference. We smashed Missouri, MSU smashed you guys, doesn't say a lot about your conference in terms up head to head matchups at the top of your conference.

I'd say the Big 10 played out how pretty much everyone thought it would apart from Illinois doing what they did.

Now I think Oklahoma is better than anything we have but you didn't play the Sooners at full strength, without Griffin they are a completely different team.
How the hell can you compare Kansas and Missouri at the beginning of the season to where they are now? They're completely different teams.

Oklahoma is better than any of the teams in Big 10. Kansas and Missouri could beat any of the teams in the Big 10 sans Michigan State. Texas is better than all the teams in the Big 10 not including MSU and Purdue. Nebraska, OSU, and KSU are fairly comparable to the middle of the pack teams in the Big 10. I think our cellar is better than that of the Big 10.

Honestly, I don't see how you can say one conference is definitevely better than the other.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How the hell can you compare Kansas and Missouri at the beginning of the season to where they are now? They're completely different teams.

Oklahoma is better than any of the teams in Big 10. Kansas and Missouri could beat any of the teams in the Big 10 sans Michigan State. Texas is better than all the teams in the Big 10 not including MSU and Purdue. Nebraska, OSU, and KSU are fairly comparable to the middle of the pack teams in the Big 10. I think our cellar is better than that of the Big 10.

Honestly, I don't see how you can say one conference is definitevely better than the other.
Any possible argument worth considering was absolutely killed by whatever word is currently bolded. I can not take an argument seriously if people can't spell.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Big 10 has more depth than the Big 12 but how can you say they're definitively better? The Big 12 top 4 teams are easily better than the top 4 in the Big 10. Hard to say, just depends on if you're going for quality or depth. I will say the Big 10, throughout the schedule will produce more quality games but then the Big 12 teams will probably go further in the tournament.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-03-2009 at 04:54 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Big 10 there is no offense at all i hate watching it but them boys do play D and i gotta give it to them but yeah i agree with PalmertoCJ on this one..OK,Kansas,and Texas are at the top while u have OSU,Purdue,and MSU which isnt too strong to me considering maryland beat them by 30
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not saying MD isnt solid but MSU has got to play better team basketball
Go Amare.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To the Big 10 teams credit, while their offense sets basketball back 50 years it's generally only in league play it's that boring... Once those teams play others they play a more balanced game, generally anyway. Big 10 teams also do well for themselves in the tournament. They're just lacking that elite team, granted there aren't many elite teams in basketball this year as the talent isn't all that great this year as a whole.

Penn St. was their usual self in the OOC but as conference has rolled along, they're a pretty decent team.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
To the Big 10 teams credit, while their offense sets basketball back 50 years it's generally only in league play it's that boring... Once those teams play others they play a more balanced game, generally anyway. Big 10 teams also do well for themselves in the tournament. They're just lacking that elite team, granted there aren't many elite teams in basketball this year as the talent isn't all that great this year as a whole.

Penn St. was their usual self in the OOC but as conference has rolled along, they're a pretty decent team.

there is loads of talent...
Go Amare.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

College basketball is down this year, there's obviously talent but not as much as usual. Kansas/Memphis last year, the two Florida teams, Oden/Conley, there's not as many elite teams. Part of that can be explained away with the '08 recruiting class not being all that top heavy in talent. I will say that we have been spoiled lately.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Blair/young/fields
uconn's starters are very good..not much depth
Carolina of course...(talent on the bench)..
OU-Starters are also very good.. some depth
Cuse could have been an elite team
Wake Forest starters and bench players
Louisville is solid, Marquette, Nova,

All of these teams can make runs in the tourney without a doubt and this has been one of the most exciting college basketball seasons i can remember
Go Amare.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Any possible argument worth considering was absolutely killed by whatever word is currently bolded. I can not take an argument seriously if people can't spell.
Great..I care...a lot. It's not like I completely botched the spelling. Chill out

In other news, I'm a big Michigan State fan when it comes to their prospects for the post-season. Wouldn't be shocked to see them make a tourney run. Pittsburgh, UConn, Marquette, and Louisville will all do well in the tourney IMO. Not a big believer in UNC, Duke, and Memphis. I'm still on the fence about Wake Forest. Sometimes they really impress me. Other times they play down to their competition

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:

Last edited by adschofield : 03-03-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Why wont Carolina make a run in your opinion?
Go Amare.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Why wont Carolina make a run in your opinion?
Well, first off, if UNC gets a favorable bracket they could easily make it to the Final Four, and if they don't I'd be surprised not to see them play in the Sweet Sixteen. But I think the lack of defense will really hurt them in the end. They've simply just been giving up way too many points this year, and that will hurt them in the tourney.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

i competely agree with i think we could play enough defense because of our offense always scoring
Go Amare.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i competely agree with i think we could play enough defense because of our offense always scoring
That works in the regular season, but what happens when you run into a team who can score and play great defense?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

how many of those teams are there though..we'll just have to wait and see
Go Amare.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
how many of those teams are there though..we'll just have to wait and see
Enough to prevent last year's UNC team from reaching the NC game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Expierence is key
Go Amare.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

auburn had a huge win tonight @Alabama, came back from being like 13 down at one point in the 2nd half.

if auburn wouldnt of lost a couple close games earlier on in the year they would be in the tourny. right now they have a bye in the first round of the SEC tourny and have won 7 of their last 8 i believe. i think they have a strong chance of winning the tournament if they beat LSU.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game between Marquette and Pitt tonight. The BE tournament has a double bye for the top 4 teams, and whichever team loses tonight is at risk of losing their standing in the top 4.

If Marquette loses tonight and to Syracuse, or loses tonight and Villanova beats Providence tomorrow, they'll sneak out of the top 4.

And if Pitt loses tonight to Marquette, this weekend to UConn, and Villanova beats Providence, they'll lose their double bye. Though if that happens and Marquette loses to Syracuse there's a 3 way tie and I'm not sure how the tiebreakers work.

Regardless though, big game, and I'm sure both teams will be rooting for Providence tomorrow as well.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Expierence is key
Its is Key, but Carolina for the last 3 years has been the one of the most talented teams and they just play one game where they tank it. This I believe they are definetely the most talented and prolyl will make the final four with ease like last season, but I don't think they'll win. Also I have picked them the last two years so that goes into my thought process haha.

Trent Johnson hands down should be Coach of the year. Bill Self gets top knotch recruits every year its Almot like USC in football they're always gonna be one of the tops in the Big 12. LSu has been junk since Tyrus Thomas left and he has led them to a (likely) conference title.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

While I doubt we have any shot at making the tourney unless we take the conference title, it be nice to get a win tonight and get some momentum heading into the SEC tournament.

Also big ups to Auburn I'm really pullin for them to knock off LSU and get into the tournament.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote