Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with menardo, not worth the time anymore, i will continue reading this thread because it is funny as all get up.
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that all rational people are left, we can really have a beneficial argument though, so the hilarity might fade away...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

My theory is that Twista was actually Dave Spadero making his rounds on Eagles boards spreading his BS

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
My theory is that Twista was actually Dave Spadero making his rounds on Eagles boards spreading his BS
Nahh, if it was Spadaro, twista would've been saying how DeSean will be a pro-bowler next year and that the WR corp is fine because Celek will emerge as a top 5 TE in the league or some garbage like that. I like the team as much as anyone, but Spadaro is so much of a homer his opinions are skewed worse than anyone's I've ever seen. For some reason, every Eagles fan on here that gets banned I think can get traced back to EF 45...

Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Nahh, if it was Spadaro, twista would've been saying how DeSean will be a pro-bowler next year and that the WR corp is fine because Celek will emerge as a top 5 TE in the league or some garbage like that. I like the team as much as anyone, but Spadaro is so much of a homer his opinions are skewed worse than anyone's I've ever seen. For some reason, every Eagles fan on here that gets banned I think can get traced back to EF 45...
Spadero going crazy on callers who say we should get another receiver is the only reason I watch eagles live.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 02-13-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Spadero going crazy on callers who say we should get another receiver is the only reason I watch eagles live.
I'm sure its hysterical, but I don't/can't watch it... I can only picture his face, something like
(.) (.)
. . .
(----)

Pretend that first nostril dot isn't there, I hate my computer...

Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Twista's gone?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm pretty sure we'll never be hearing from him again, and even if he comes back, it won't be for long.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
So Twista's gone?
I dont know what I'm gonna do without his funny comments.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 02-14-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont know what I'm gonna do without his funny comments.
The sad thing is, he wasn't even a funny troll. Doctor stupid was at least kind of funny.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
I.R Baboon
Rookie

I.R Baboon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I am new to this board. And idk if the disccusion is still on Boldin or not but if it is I am on the fence about taking him. Just think about how his and Desean Jacksons Egos might collide. Although he is a very good wr and if he is avaible for a trade meh why not take a shot
Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R Baboon View Post
Well I am new to this board. And idk if the disccusion is still on Boldin or not but if it is I am on the fence about taking him. Just think about how his and Desean Jacksons Egos might collide. Although he is a very good wr and if he is avaible for a trade meh why not take a shot
I never once saw Desean's "Ego" the entire season so Im not sure where your getting that from.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 02-25-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were some moments where he showed his ego (if that's what you want to call it) like when he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him and in week 2 against Dallas when he had his early celebration moment and he dropped the ball at the 1, but for the most part he behaved well and Reid kept him in line. He is just very confident.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 02-25-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R Baboon View Post
Desean? Are you sure you got the right guy there? That's just ludicrous.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

As far as WRs go, niether are what I would consider to be a problem. DeSean has had some moments, as has Boldin, basically every WR does, and when you look at theirs, they pale in comparison to the "Egos" of some other NFL WRs. They are both confident players, and that is something you want out of them. They aren't cocky, or a-holes, and they are both talented. Pairing those two together would be the perfect match. We'd have our own "Smash and Dash" at WR.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
There were some moments where he showed his ego (if that's what you want to call it) like when he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him and in week 2 against Dallas when he had his early celebration moment and he dropped the ball at the 1, but for the most part he behaved well and Reid kept him in line. He is just very confident.
Unless DeSean is a lot faster than I thought, there is now way he went up to Brad Childress all the way in Minnesota...;)

Old 02-26-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Desean? Are you sure you got the right guy there? That's just ludicrous.
Thats a SC fan talking about a Cal player. Either DeSean doesn't have an ego or the world is going to end.

On a completely unrelated note, I've almost typod " Eggo" about 4 times, and now I want waffles...

Old 02-26-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Unless DeSean is a lot faster than I thought, there is now way he went up to Brad Childress all the way in Minnesota...;)
Read that again.

"he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him AND in week 2 blah blah blah"

Two separate occasions.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Read that again.

"he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him AND in week 2 blah blah blah"

Two separate occasions.
Wow, my reading comprehension skills don't kick in until 8 a.m. EST...

Old 03-03-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Twista to a degree. I am also against Boldin but not because he is TO 2.0. He is not a cancer, he is just a guy who wants to make the money that he thinks he deserves. I think that Boldin is in the right on that issue.

But, I don't want simply because it will cost way to much to get him where as I believe that we could get someone who is younger in the draft that has the potential become a player in the NFL (ala Nicks or Britt) where as the Eagles would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd and more for Boldin. I don't think that any WR is worth that much except for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

I value young talent from the draft more than I value a solid #1 WR. Plus, is a #1 really needed? All signs point to DeSean Jackson being a good #1 in the future and I can't wait to see what he can do in his second season. I am perfectly content with having Curtis opposite him and having Avant and Baskett come out of the slot. Curtis is a solid #2/#3 WR and Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough) and Baskett is full of potential.

If we get Boldin great we have a WR that complements Jackson, if we don't I think we'll be just fine.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I agree with Twista to a degree. I am also against Boldin but not because he is TO 2.0. He is not a cancer, he is just a guy who wants to make the money that he thinks he deserves. I think that Boldin is in the right on that issue.

But, I don't want simply because it will cost way to much to get him where as I believe that we could get someone who is younger in the draft that has the potential become a player in the NFL (ala Nicks or Britt) where as the Eagles would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd and more for Boldin. I don't think that any WR is worth that much except for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

I value young talent from the draft more than I value a solid #1 WR. Plus, is a #1 really needed? All signs point to DeSean Jackson being a good #1 in the future and I can't wait to see what he can do in his second season. I am perfectly content with having Curtis opposite him and having Avant and Baskett come out of the slot. Curtis is a solid #2/#3 WR and Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough) and Baskett is full of potential.

If we get Boldin great we have a WR that complements Jackson, if we don't I think we'll be just fine.

Yeah but why gamble on potential in the first round when you know you have a sure thing, in Boldin.

On Desean Jackson, well hopefully he stays on that course of being a good number 1, I only see a good number 2 in him. Lets hope he doesn't have a rookie fall off like Michael Clayton.

If we get Boldin great we can keep McNabb, he complements the WR corps not just Jackson. This would allow them to move Jackson in the slot where they can take advantage of his speed.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah but why gamble on potential in the first round when you know you have a sure thing, in Boldin.

On Desean Jackson, well hopefully he stays on that course of being a good number 1, I only see a good number 2 in him. Lets hope he doesn't have a rookie fall off like Michael Clayton.

If we get Boldin great we can keep McNabb, he complements the WR corps not just Jackson. This would allow them to move Jackson in the slot where they can take advantage of his speed.
Again McNabb will be back wether we get playmakers or not, that ESPN report was all speculation.

But you wouldn't be giving up a first, you'd be giving a first, third, 5ths and 6ths.

Also DeSean can use his speed anywhere it doesn't have to be used in the slot.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Sniper is going to love you, haha.

I too think Boldin is worth that 1st and 3rd, and even that 5th or 6th we'd have to throw in possibly. He is a top 8 WR in the NFL and will instantly become one of the most productive WRs in the NFL for us if he comes here. I'm not saying we have to get him. It'd be nice if we got him, but we'll do more than fine without him.

And Donovan is back no matter what, I'm REALLY getting tired of ESPN and their BS about McNabb...

Old 03-04-2009, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough)
I like you...a lot.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I like you...a lot.
I'd watch your *** thumper, and I mean that in a literal way, haha.