Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Al Davis will fire Cable and coach the team himself.
He already is the HC in reality, haha, that's why so many talented guys leave for HCing jobs elsewhere. It worked when he was younger but as an old man, it just doesn't anymore.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Due to trend analysis- I say- The Patriots OC and DC
Well, probably not the OC but definitely our DC

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh we know...I was praying someone would take him off our hands.
Not going to happen. You except him to be there for a while. That family and Jones are tight, so you have to understand the relationships involved in this case. Not going to happen unless he leaves on his own, and I believe Jones is trying to have him there to be HC in the future.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Not going to happen. You except him to be there for a while. That family and Jones are tight, so you have to understand the relationships involved in this case. Not going to happen unless he leaves on his own, and I believe Jones is trying to have him there to be HC in the future.
That's what I said.

All of us fans were holding out hope that he would go the Browns or Lions this off-season but, it didnt happen. If we happen to do well this year, the job probably goes to Jason but, if we dont do well and Garrett is a primary reason why again...I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry cut ties with him, close family ties or not. You cant just hand Garrett the job after he failed as a coordinator. It just doesnt work that way. The favortism toward Garrett is evident and he obviously wants to keep him around but, if we suck...Garrett, just like anyone else, can get the ax.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-04-2009 at 11:48 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I said.

All of us fans were holding out hope that he would go the Browns or Lions this off-season but, it didnt happen. If we happen to do well this year, the job probably goes to Jason but, if we dont do well and Garrett is a primary reason why again...I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry cut ties with him, close family ties or not. You cant just hand Garrett the job after he failed as a coordinator. It just doesnt work that way.
True but the Garrett family's ties are all over the franchise. You have to factor that and the politics involved as well with accessing a situation. Even if he does poorly he won't go anywhere. In fact I know some stuff I can perhaps PM you involving Romo. Gotta remember there is always more to these kinds of issues.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go but, if you got some info, sure you can PM it to me.

The thing though with Garrett...he was in over his head last year and if this continues, you cant just keep him around to appease the family. He's hurting the franchise. He wouldnt deserve the position of Head Coach and he's not going to take a demotion. This is a very important year for Garrett. I think his leash is shorter than you know.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are these family ties that I hear of between Garrett and the Jones family?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully Bruce Arians
Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What are these family ties that I hear of between Garrett and the Jones family?
Well I am going to PM moth. Nothing bad of course but it's something I'd rather keep private.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My expectations are not high but, you never know.

Jerry was willing to name fresh faced Garrett head coach as soon as we signed him. That's why he had an unknown position until after Wade agreed to terms. Garrett nearly got the job right out of the gates...and Jerry obviously has a lot of love for the guy. Dont know why considering last year but, there is some favoritism there. If we somehow manage to play well...he's most likely first in line. Because, if you hired a guy like Shanny...that means you let Garrett walk and Jerry looks like he's not interested in such a thing. Not yet atleast...again, it fringes on how well we do this season.
What a GM will say about their coach one day can change in an instant the next. That's because they don't say what they really mean to the media. They say words that won't hurt the team. I wouldn't invest so much into believing Jerry will make Garrett HC because he kept him this year... nor would I invest anything into the idea that Garrett almost got hired as HC when we first brought him on. I think since then Jerry has realized if he had done that then he would've made a mistake. A big part of the backing behind trying to hire a guy like Dan Reeves as a consultant was to hold hands with Garrett and mentor him. Add in the fact that Jerry allowed Garrett to interview at Cleveland, Denver, St. Louis and Detroit... Not so sure, Jerry feels the same way about him that he used to. To the media, he will say he is satisfied because that's the only answer he can give.

Realistically, the Cowboys will have to at least reach the NFC Championship game for Garrett to stay... and if he does that, then maybe he's learned a thing or two and deserves to stay.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-04-2009 at 12:07 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I gotta go but, if you got some info, sure you can PM it to me.

The thing though with Garrett...he was in over his head last year and if this continues, you cant just keep him around to appease the family. He's hurting the franchise. He wouldnt deserve the position of Head Coach and he's not going to take a demotion. This is a very important year for Garrett. I think his leash is shorter than you know.
Whenever you're on again, check your PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could it be possible in a few years after Tony Dungy does his miracle work around the work, he could end up in Detroit as the head coach or even a GM to do more miracle work their?
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote