Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-23-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.
Default Michael Boley

As a Giants fan, we're looking for a FA LB that'll be able to step in and produce immediatley. I saw Boley on the list of UFA's and did a lil research and he has posted some impressive numbers on a (up until recently) bad defensive team (no offense). As Falcons fans that see him week in and week out, what can you guys tell me about this guy, cause Ive been pulling for him to come 2 NY big time
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2007 he looked like a pro bowler and last year he was no where to be seen. He even got benched/outplayed by some guy named Coy Wire. He still has some potential and if the money is reasonable would be worth the risk.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
In 2007 he looked like a pro bowler and last year he was no where to be seen. He even got benched/outplayed by some guy named Coy Wire. He still has some potential and if the money is reasonable would be worth the risk.
He really just lost the starting job, it wasnt cause of injury or anything???

If so id still give him a shot cause he's young and has put up pretty damn good numbers his whole career...... and not for nuttin, ATL hasnt been known for their D

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps Boley just didn't fit into the Falcons new defense as well as he fit with the schemes under Mora and Petrino's staffs. I imagine the Falcons weren't too happy with Boley's domestic violence arrest last summer, but I doubt that's the only reason they are letting him walk.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
XRage
Rookie

XRage hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let's see...... Boley is very athletic (jumped over the line to block a field goal against the Saints in 2006 I believe), good in coverage, and is a decent edge rusher. In the past, he was occasionally used as an extra defensive end and lined up in a 3 point stance on passing downs. He seems pretty comfortable dropping back and has plenty enough speed to cover tight ends down the seam, but he doesn't have great hands and won't necessarily make a play. He isn't very physical, will struggle to get off blocks, and does not really attack the line of scrimmage. As someone else mentioned earlier, if you look at his game from the time he was drafted through 2007 he looked like he was headed for the Pro Bowl, but then last year came and he pretty much just fell off the face of the earth.He indeed was benched for a no-name special teamer who came in and immediately outplayed him, but to his credit he never complained. He was still utilized on passing downs late in the year. It is worth mentioning that we got a new defensive coordinator this year who ran a very conservative defense, so maybe he just wasn't a right fit for that particular scheme. He is probably better suited on the weakside rather than the strongside. In my opinion, he's worth taking a chance on as long as you don't sign him to a big contract (something like $3-4 mill/yr sounds about right). I actually wouldn't mind us re-signing him ourselves if it meant he were going to play the weakside, but I know its not gonna happen. Hope this helps.
XRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a beast in a scheme where he can cover and blitz. Great blitzer who also has speed to cover many players. But we had him drop weight this season (over 240 in 2007 to under 230 this season) due to a more mellow scheme that requires less blitzing.

Tons of talent.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He is a beast in a scheme where he can cover and blitz. Great blitzer who also has speed to cover many players. But we had him drop weight this season (over 240 in 2007 to under 230 this season) due to a more mellow scheme that requires less blitzing.

Tons of talent.
Good thing he has a meeting schedeled with the G-Men. The way you guys describe him, he would be a monster as an OLB in our 4-3 setup

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year, as we were talking on this board about Boley, I believe I predicted that Boley would be a perfect fit for the Giants defense. I knew that as soon as Mike Smith implemented his defense, he would not fit in. He can basically do it all. He lacks size, but with that, he brings tenacity and aggressiveness - something all defensive coordinators would love to have in their linebacker.

I wish you guys good luck because one of my brothers is a die-hard Giants fan. I often root for them while we're watching (as long as they're not facing the Falcons ofcourse). So I'm excited to see what he's got to offer in NY and I'm hoping that the Giants don't end up missing Spagnuolo.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote