Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Anyone else buying the Knicks making the playoffs? Now with the Wade-less Heat, fast-falling Magic, and soon to be decimated Nets?

As for the Carter trade, I'd be all for it. As long as we keep Lee and Curry, pretty much any trade would be all right with me. Frye looks lost on the court this season, he took a big step backward, imo.
With a 140M payroll, they better make the playoffs. Magic's payroll isn't even 60M. Shoot... the second highest is Dallas with a 92M payroll. 140M and talking about squeaking in the playoffs? Niiiiiice.
To be fair, 20,718,750 is being paid to Allan Houston, 16,901,500 to Jalen Rose, 9,750,000 to Maurice Taylor, 8,500,000 to Shandon Anderson, and 6,425,000 to Jerome Williams. So, it's essentially 76,969,609 for players actually on the team. And that number is not at all a representation of the team's talent level, I mean Malik Rose is our fifth highest paid player on the roster.

My point is, I'd be more than glad to make the playoffs as the 8 seed.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alan Henderson to the Jazz. 76ers can swap with Utah's 2nd rounder if they want to.

BLOCKBUSTEr!

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the heat can still make it into the playoffs without wade even though that really does hurt. The east is so weak this did make the pistons the easy favorite to make the finals.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
I think the heat can still make it into the playoffs without wade even though that really does hurt. The east is so weak this did make the pistons the easy favorite to make the finals.
they could have, but they should have tried to deal wayne simien, posey, Dorrell Wright, and their first for Rashard Lewis
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent trade deadline with some killer deals. Dixon makes the Raptors a title contender, Henderson will be a huge cog in the system that is Utah, and Anthony Johnson will be Anthony Johnson.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
they could have, but they should have tried to deal wayne simien, posey, Dorrell Wright, and their first for Rashard Lewis
I wouldnt give up that much :P

I wanted bibby or artest honestly oneof them we could of gotten for a package around posey, wright, 1st.

But they still have 10 home games in march, they have alot of bad games at the stretch like hawks and celtics. Shaq is still around too.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wanted bibby or artest honestly oneof them we could of gotten for a package around posey, wright, 1st.

But they still have 10 home games in march, they have alot of bad games at the stretch like hawks and celtics. Shaq is still around too.
what value are you really giving up? a late first rounder, posey who is a FA, wright who is just a project, and wayne simien who has the weirdest stomache illness in the history of mankind. how does someone get sal manila for 2 years????
Old 02-22-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Dennis Johnson
Old 02-22-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Juan Dixon...... Not bad I guess

Even though I liked Freddy Jones
Old 02-22-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone read Chad Ford's chat on ESPN today? Lot of interesting things...

I should drive down to North Shore and find him... He lives only 30 min. away.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Anyone read Chad Ford's chat on ESPN today? Lot of interesting things...

I should drive down to North Shore and find him... He lives only 30 min. away.
best line was "congrats hawks fans. after passing up chris paul, derron williams, and marcus williams, and over-paying for Speedy Claxton, you finally have your PG. Anthony Johnson." lol. that was great.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what value are you really giving up? a late first rounder, posey who is a FA, wright who is just a project, and wayne simien who has the weirdest stomache illness in the history of mankind. how does someone get sal manila for 2 years????
wright was pretty dang good when given playing time he was producing very well.
The 1st right now is actually just on the verge of the lottery lol
Simien has salminala (sp) poisoning it can kill people not sure more then that, and posey is nice cap freedom for a team and a solid player.

Honestly we would be giving up all of our youth if we do that we would have left haslem and wade pretty much for the future lol
Old 02-22-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

wright was pretty dang good when given playing time he was producing very well.
The 1st right now is actually just on the verge of the lottery lol
Simien has salminala (sp) poisoning it can kill people not sure more then that, and posey is nice cap freedom for a team and a solid player.

Honestly we would be giving up all of our youth if we do that we would have left haslem and wade pretty much for the future lol
YOu dont have to worry about it now. Trade deadline has passed. You didnt make a trade and your season has now gone down the drain,
Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wiz should traded Jarvis for Juan.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
The Wiz should traded Jarvis for Juan.
That would've been Juanderful! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Gilbert arenas with 19 points in the first quarter vs the kings.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

19 points at the end of the first, Artest has 15, and everyone was bashing on Anthony Johnson but don't forget in the playoffs just 7 months ago for the Pacers he scored 40 points one game and led his team by himself.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And here I was thinking about having Gooden and Pavlovic in a Suns uniform. Oh well, I don't Banks that much and hopefully he'll do something to justify his contract.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think people realize that there was more to the Gasol deal than just the players.

His contract is GINORMOUS and with Big Ben's deal already on this team, it would be virtually impossible to pay the both of them and keep our core guys for next season. Gordon is up for an extension after this year I believe, and so is Deng. Nocioni's deal ends this season and Duhon is in his last year too I believe if I'm not mistaken.

We'd have to unload Big Ben to get Gasol. Otherwise we'd be in cap hell.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about imploding. Wow. 16 point lead and we let Cleveland right back into the game with dumb turnovers and terrible decision making.

It's the one thing keeping us from winning the East. We cannot put 4 quarters of good basketblal together right now.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I'll take that win. It wasn't pretty, but hey, beating a division rival on the road is big.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Oh my one of the best finishes ever thank God the Wiz won, because that was some cheating on the clockwork.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Oh my one of the best finishes ever thank God the Wiz won, because that was some cheating on the clockwork.
Yeah that was crazy.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Juan Dixon...... Not bad I guess

Even though I liked Freddy Jones
Yes, I liked the way Fred Jones warmed that bench. He could also drink water like nobody in a Raptor uniform could. :roll:

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think D-Wade's injury is the reason no trade happened between the Nets and any1. The Heat are ******:they are old, I hate to say it, Shaq is washed up and can no longer dominate a game like he used to, its over.