Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, but I'm willing to believe that Reggie Nelson will be the first safety off the board and that LaRon Landry will be available for us to pick. Callin' it! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
We just need a dominant NT. His name is DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler.
ddadadadadaada daily double!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
We just need a dominant NT. His name is DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler.
ddadadadadaada daily double!!!!!
For $2000 who is the badassmuthafkn DT from NC State that the Dallas Cowboys drafted in Round 2 of the 2007 NFL Draft?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I'll have to say TaTaTa Tank Tyler.

Thats CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

So D-Unit, you now think Tank will fall to round 2?

I hope we trade Julius and pick us another day 1 pick.

I think the absolute perfect draft would be trade Julius for a late 2nd.

Now, Round 1: Reggie Nelson, Round 2a: Tank Tyler, Round 2b: Justin Blalock, Round 3: Andre Allison.

What do you think?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Thats CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

Now, Round 1: Reggie Nelson, Round 2a: Tank Tyler, Round 2b: Justin Blalock, Round 3: Andre Allison.

What do you think?
Do I think he'll fall to us? No. But you do. If we pass him in the first, I'll hope for him in the second.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I wouldn't be opposed to him in the 1st, but I think he will be there in the second.

And Blalock has dropped down to 320, I like that, I hope he falls to us in round 2. He would be RG, Dielman LG.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

if we get rid of julius what is our running attack going to look like? Barbers average wasnt even that much higher than Jones' by seasons end and jones had far more carries. They compliment eachother well and relying on Barber alone would allow teams to scheme around a slower power runner only. They wouldnt have to watch for any screens or outside runs with barber in the backfield.

...oh wait in mid post i just remembered that ramonce taylor is going to win mvp for us so nevermind...

landry/nelson/merriweather in the first. come on people we've been putting this off for too long.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?
please DO NOT open this can of worms again.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius is staying. end.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think we're pretty safe in assuming that Bledsoe's as good as gone, so that means we need a veteran backup QB. What FA QBs are going to be available this year? Plummer (no!), Garcia (not with TO), Brooks (NO!)

Who else? Anyone have a preference?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
I think we're pretty safe in assuming that Bledsoe's as good as gone, so that means we need a veteran backup QB. What FA QBs are going to be available this year? Plummer (no!), Garcia (not with TO), Brooks (NO!)

Who else? Anyone have a preference?
Damon Huard
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Wright
Damon Huard
Tim Rattay (I'd want him the most)
Shaun King
Kerry Collins
Doug Johnson

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Anthony Wright
Damon Huard
Tim Rattay (I'd want him the most)
Shaun King
Kerry Collins
Doug Johnson
Personally, I'd prefer Huard, but I think he'll be expensive, if KC even lets him walk. Rattay? I'm leery of WCO guys.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure we wouldnt really even give em a look considering he has played in the West Coast his entire career but, i've always liked him. I think he could definitely adapt to our offense, is he the best man for the job...? probably not but, I love his accuracy and have always been a fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we could get him for cheap, I wouldn't be opposed to Brooks. I doubt he will be cheap enough to put him on the bench and not think twice though.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
If we could get him for cheap, I wouldn't be opposed to Brooks. I doubt he will be cheap enough to put him on the bench and not think twice though.
People forget how productive Brooks was, so I wouldn't be oppsoed to that. Huard is on top of the list aswell.

How about Kurt Warner? Are the Cards keeping him around?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
People forget how productive Brooks was, so I wouldn't be oppsoed to that. Huard is on top of the list aswell.

ewwwwwww gross!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

ewwwwwww gross!
ugh Warners worse than Bledsoe! here's to getting tim rattay
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Huard or Tuisasosopo.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BBD, Jerry said that they are not changing the offense. Saying it doesn't need to change. I think it's good for everyone, but especially for Romo.
Yeah, it would be a waste to gut the base. I think however Romo needs to be taught to hit his TEs more often. I got the impression last year that he was forcing some balls to TO to appease to his massive ego. He underutilized Witten, who is the real key player in that base. Just like the Giants need to get Shockey involved early, Dallas needs to do a better job of doing the same with Witten. He'll open up the edges for the WRs and the underneath checkdowns to Fasano. This base has potential to be deadly, but Romo needs to use Witten more to make it dangerous.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
BBD, Jerry said that they are not changing the offense. Saying it doesn't need to change. I think it's good for everyone, but especially for Romo.
Yeah, it would be a waste to gut the base. I think however Romo needs to be taught to hit his TEs more often. I got the impression last year that he was forcing some balls to TO to appease to his massive ego. He underutilized Witten, who is the real key player in that base. Just like the Giants need to get Shockey involved early, Dallas needs to do a better job of doing the same with Witten. He'll open up the edges for the WRs and the underneath checkdowns to Fasano. This base has potential to be deadly, but Romo needs to use Witten more to make it dangerous.
I agree. A good TE can make an QB better. Aikman was at his best when he had Jay Novacek as his safety valve. Since Romo and Witten are road room-mates, I hope Witten's reminding Romo of this.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
I agree 100%. If we hit witten on the short and intermidiate routes, it will open up everything else. What are you going to do, double team T.O. and styill have a safety over the top for glenn, if so we will just keep hitting witten for first downs. If you come up to stop witten, we will go over the top to T.O. and Terry Glenn. Not to mention the running game and our #3 reciever (don't know if someone iwll take crayton via RFA).

If our offensive line is even average, jeez ourt offense could be deadly.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys want to target in FA?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Who do you guys want to target in FA?
Kris Dielman and Damon Huard.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Pretty positive Warner will retire... anyway if you give him time, he can make every throw still.

I just wanted to add... Kalil completely owned Tank Tyler in drills.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS