Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 03-07-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.
Wink

Wow!! I am almost speechless.

My first thought was "really!... really?.... umm.."

But now im settled and have decided that this was actually a decent move.

I completely agree with Rob on this. TO picked the Bills for a reason. He definitely has a plan here. Let's just hope it all works out for the best.

Still unbelieveable.. Hey. Maybe Julius Peppers will want to be a Bill too!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with my team right now.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I can't tell you how disappointed I am with my team right now.
Says the Rangers fan.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Says the Rangers fan.
Hey! It was just that one night! I swear! Hell I even had my Kaleta t-shirt jersey under it the whole time!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Signing T.O. is a great move!

We finally have a player on our team who is better than someone else on the other team.

Who in the league (let alone our division) can match up against Evans and T.O. ???

This one signing finally gives us a superstar who will sell tickets and bring some attention to Buffalo. I'm so sick of watching the NFL network and hearing all about Pittsuburgh, Dallas, Washington, Philly and New England.

Get your popcorn ready T.O. is bringing Buffalo back baby!
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisch.....what should i do fantasy baseball? I have no clue here haha.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Fisch.....what should i do fantasy baseball? I have no clue here haha.
I'll do up some stuff. Sorry.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll do up some stuff. Sorry.
dont worry about it.......I just wanted to make sure you didnt forget.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Rest of the off-season
by art vandelay

The TO signing marked the big splash and turning point of our off-season. However, we need to finish strong if we want to make the playoffs.

1) Extend Peters. With our LG hole on the OL, I can't see us trading Peters to crete a hole at LT too. Give the man his money.

2) Trade our 4th round pick for Brian Waters. I'm normally not big on trades for vets but with the 1 year TO acquisition it's exciting to think what we could do this year and I don't want to start Kirk Chambers at LG (he's a great backup though).

3) Sign LB Cato June. Fits our system well, he visited, and we are weak at LB.

1) DB Malcolm Jenkins (Ohio State): Will play FS his first season then could shift to CB if we can't re-sign McGee next season or if he doesn't play well as a S.

2) DE Connor Barwin (Cincinnati): A DE that has Jared Allen potential. Has all of the tools that you look for in a top DE but just raw at this point. Can be a situational pass rusher this season and eventually grow into a 3 down DE.

3) TE Chase Coffman (Missouri): Really underrated right now. Can stretch the seam, has great hands, great measurables. This is a good TE class so Coffman falls a little due to injury.

4) Traded for Brian Waters

5) LB Tyrone McKenzie (South Florida) - Familiar with Bills coaches, can play MLB, athletic, versatile.

6) DT Clinton McDonald (Memphis) - Good guy for our DT rotation.

7) OL TJ Lang (Eastern Michigan): Good developmental prospect and depth.

Some UDFA's:
DE Brandon Swain (West Texas A&M)
WR Jordan Norwood (Penn State)
QB Chris Crane (Boston College)
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Rest of the off-season
by art vandelay

The TO signing marked the big splash and turning point of our off-season. However, we need to finish strong if we want to make the playoffs.

1) Extend Peters. With our LG hole on the OL, I can't see us trading Peters to crete a hole at LT too. Give the man his money.

2) Trade our 4th round pick for Brian Waters. I'm normally not big on trades for vets but with the 1 year TO acquisition it's exciting to think what we could do this year and I don't want to start Kirk Chambers at LG (he's a great backup though).

1) DB Malcolm Jenkins (Ohio State): Will play FS his first season then could shift to CB if we can't re-sign McGee next season or if he doesn't play well as a S.

2) DE Connor Barwin (Cincinnati): A DE that has Jared Allen potential. Has all of the tools that you look for in a top DE but just raw at this point. Can be a situational pass rusher this season and eventually grow into a 3 down DE.

3) TE Chase Coffman (Missouri): Really underrated right now. Can stretch the seam, has great hands, great measurables. This is a good TE class so Coffman falls a little due to injury.

5) LB Tyrone McKenzie (South Florida) - Familiar with Bills coaches, can play MLB, athletic, versatile.

Some UDFA's:
That draft is eerily similar to what we did :P

Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Everette Brown, and Orakpo are both off the board at 11, the Bills should draft Rey Maualuga. Though, it wouldn't be a great fit for our D, he would bring the tenacity we need. I'm sick of how our D is so unaggressive, and wimpy. I know we need a coverage linebacker, but he is raw and can become better in coverage. He made some interceptions, which proves he has potential. Maualuga is big, fast, and one of the hardest hitters. He is a guy that offensive players look out for. He is so intimidating. Rey's biggest knock on him, is that he can be overaggressive. That wouldn't be so bad for our D, actually that could improve our D. Poz would compliment Rey since Poz makes most of his tackles 8 yards back. Rey on the other hand can be our torpedo and get the TKFL and stuff the RB. Mauagluga and Kawika would be absolutely insane together on the outside. You would be lying if you said they weren't intimidating. With Poz in the middle, we could have one of the scariest LB core in the league. Name any player that would go across the middle when we would have Rey, Kawika, and Poz.

Look at some of Rey's game play, and you'll see him make plays.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I like rey rey's game a lot......as you said tho not a great fit for the cover 2, but i think the cover 2 is g a y, so I would be fine with it. Rey and Kawika would be insane on blitzes and I am all about gettin pressure on the QB
Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Not a big Rey fan. Overpursues a ton and doesn't wrap up well, just tries to kill people. Not a good fit for our system, IMO.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Picked up an authentic TO cowboys jersey for $5 and a bag of skittle from a disgruntled boys fan haha
Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We REALLY need to extend Peters so he doesn't hold out again this year. That would be bruuuutal. As for the draft, I am going to be upset if we pick anyone other than Brandon Pettigrew at this point. Complete that offense [assuming Edwards isn't a bum] and after that just hit defensive/offensive lines and linebackers with the rest of the picks. Signing a veteran LB would be nice too; no one available is going to be an impact starter, though they should be better than Ellison.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
We REALLY need to extend Peters so he doesn't hold out again this year. That would be bruuuutal. As for the draft, I am going to be upset if we pick anyone other than Brandon Pettigrew at this point. Complete that offense [assuming Edwards isn't a bum] and after that just hit defensive/offensive lines and linebackers with the rest of the picks. Signing a veteran LB would be nice too; no one available is going to be an impact starter, though they should be better than Ellison.
Yeah but what if Peters is the Peters of '08?

Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

What is Peter's trade value at this point? I would think that it can't be to far off of what KC got for Allen.

Last edited by ruthlessrussian : 03-13-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: misspelling
ruthlessrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly cannot believe some people would actually consider trading Peters...

the guy even though he had a bad season, is still our best OL...
we signed TO for one year. that means the coaches are in a win-now mindset... how does getting rid of your entire left side, and add a new center help?

esp when that LT is a 2 time probowler
Old 03-14-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We won't get rid of Peters, thats obviously not what Ralph is thinking. The man is 90 and he wants playoff football back in Buffalo. I think we hold on to Peters......maybe an extension gets done, maybe not.

BTW, I was just perusing the RFA lists and Richie Incognito could be an interesting guy........can play C or G and has been real solid the past 2 years. He would fit in nicely on our line and give us some flexibility in the draft. Only problem I see with that is that a 3rd round pick is the compensation, which is a bit high.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

I read that we still may re-sign Crowell and that we might bring in a big-name OG for a visit. Good to see that we aren't done yet.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Dallas had a way to make a move for Peters, we sure could use him, but I hear he wants to be the top paid LT in the league and we probably can't afford that...It's a risk to give him that much money if he doesn't pick up his play but it's also risky to let him go to another team.

I don't know if you'd get a Jared Allen package because his last season wasn't as strong where as Allen was coming off an incredible year with no help around him...If you want to maximize what you get out of TO and Edwards, you have to re-sign the guy, too much potential left untapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
We won't get rid of Peters, thats obviously not what Ralph is thinking. The man is 90 and he wants playoff football back in Buffalo. I think we hold on to Peters......maybe an extension gets done, maybe not.

BTW, I was just perusing the RFA lists and Richie Incognito could be an interesting guy........can play C or G and has been real solid the past 2 years. He would fit in nicely on our line and give us some flexibility in the draft. Only problem I see with that is that a 3rd round pick is the compensation, which is a bit high.
Incognito is a character concern. I mean he won't divide the locker room like TO.....

Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Incognito is a character concern. I mean he won't divide the locker room like TO.....
I know.......I figure if were going for it tho, then we might as well go for it........maybe not the best strategy, but it is something to think about imo

Art, what big name OG are still out there?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Rest of the off-season
by art vandelay

Some UDFA's:
Interesting top 3 with good plan for contending while TO is on board. I really don't like Coffman all that much since we need a TE who can open up holes for Lynch much more than a receiving TE. Jenkins is intriguing because he really suits a Cover 2 team although #11 is a bit too high for him but is a possibility.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

1. andre smith - ot
2. william moore - s/cb
3. connor barwin - olb
4. cornelius ingram - te
5. javon ringer - rb
6. travis bright - g
7. david johnson - qb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote