Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
I guess party isnt really the term to describe what I was going for. Just a good sized get together with about 12-16 people and we are cheap so BYOB.
I've found it best to get some beer and have everyone pitch when they get there. If you have beer and music, you will be fine. Everything else is just an added bonus. You said you have cards and table, so you are set.

Asshole, The Good, Bad, and the Ugly, Circle of Death, Horse Races are all good games, along with quite a few more.

Back when I had a house with buddies 12-15 people were over on the nights we weren't doing anything, ahh, fun times, fun times.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess party isnt really the term to describe what I was going for. Just a good sized get together with about 12-16 people and we are cheap so BYOB.

And you are shooting to get girls there? Invite one, tell her to tell her friends. You tell that to like 2-3 girls, you'll get them there.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
And you are shooting to get girls there? Invite one, tell her to tell her friends. You tell that to like 2-3 girls, you'll get them there.
Yeah getting girls over isnt too hard but finding the ones that are actually fun. Also just seeing if anyone one had some good games as most of the games we play get pretty competitive and the girls dont really get into to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah getting girls over isnt too hard but finding the ones that are actually fun. Also just seeing if anyone one had some good games as most of the games we play get pretty competitive and the girls dont really get into to them.
**** the Dealer FTW
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So how could we turn this into a good atmosphere to party and any games you guys suggest for our table/ pong table. This is more like party advice but some relationships will hopefully emerge if we can get this thing rockin. Im trying to make this as social and girl friendly as possible.
My friends and I created a game called "Just Balls". You need scotch tape, a ruler, and a bunch of people with cups full of beer. You also need 3-5 ping pong balls and a table.

Each person needs their own personal space. You create a line 4-6" from the edge of the table. Put a piece of scotch tape down to mark the spot. Each person puts their beer down on their spot and can only touch their cup to drink.

The game is kind of a modified beer pong (or beirut). You get a bunch of ping pong balls (1 ball for every 2 people playing), then you start bouncing the balls and trying to land them in your opponents beer. You can block a ball coming to you or catch it, but you cannot do so until it bounces. If you illegally block, you must take 2 sips of beer.

Now, if you land a ball in someone's cup: If they are right next to you, they take 1 sip. If they are 2 away, 2, and so on. The key to the game is that it's constant action. The kicker: If you knock over your beer, you have to finish everyone else's cups.

We have a lot of fun playing this game. Once you get a rhythm going, it really makes for a fun game, and as you get drunker, the likelihood of knocking over the cup gets higher and higher...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the most drawn out thing of all time, I'm supposed to hang out with that girl today.

If she bails on me again I'm done.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Music is the most important thing for me at a get-together. Gotta have some tunes.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, real quick, just want some outside input. I think I know what I want to do but none the less. We are college freshman just so you know.

*We aren't really officially dating, but I have been with her everyday for the last 3 weeks. Maybe I should cool that off? We just have a lot of fun.

*We had heart to heart last night. She said that 1) She isn't open about much, and won't be, she said she would probably get scared. 2) She has been in long relationships, but has never really really scared about someone (I think she means love). (this is stupid to me, big deal those were in high school)

It wasn't bad at all, I know she doesn't want to talk about it again, I think she did subconsciously open up to me, though she didn't mean too. I really think that she isn't used to someone like me, I think the previous guys were just basically idiots, and it scares her to have stability. (I am by no means boring though)

I think that the only way to play this is to just go back to having fun. Don't talk about it anymore. Maybe someone disagrees
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Okay, real quick, just want some outside input. I think I know what I want to do but none the less. We are college freshman just so you know.

*We aren't really officially dating, but I have been with her everyday for the last 3 weeks. Maybe I should cool that off? We just have a lot of fun.

*We had heart to heart last night. She said that 1) She isn't open about much, and won't be, she said she would probably get scared. 2) She has been in long relationships, but has never really really scared about someone (I think she means love). (this is stupid to me, big deal those were in high school)

It wasn't bad at all, I know she doesn't want to talk about it again, I think she did subconsciously open up to me, though she didn't mean too. I really think that she isn't used to someone like me, I think the previous guys were just basically idiots, and it scares her to have stability. (I am by no means boring though)

I think that the only way to play this is to just go back to having fun. Don't talk about it anymore. Maybe someone disagrees
Maybe you're in the friend-zone?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Maybe you're in the friend-zone?
haha no, unless friends kiss/other stuff a lot.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha no, unless friends kiss/other stuff a lot.
Well, you didn't disclose that information, so I had no idea. All you said was hang out. I would just not talk about it unless she brings it up.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So on Friday this chick texts me to "save" her from this party but I was sleeping when she did because I had to be up early Saturday. Last night, she texts me again saying she's bored at 2:49 in the morning. Am I being drunk texted or pursued? I have done stuff with this girl in the past and we have talked a lot recently and I have tried hinting at hanging out without being to aggressive but we haven't.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
So on Friday this chick texts me to "save" her from this party but I was sleeping when she did because I had to be up early Saturday. Last night, she texts me again saying she's bored at 2:49 in the morning. Am I being drunk texted or pursued? I have done stuff with this girl in the past and we have talked a lot recently and I have tried hinting at hanging out without being to aggressive but we haven't.
Both, at least thats what it seems like. Sounds like she wants you to lay some pipe.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Two words: winning time

You know what you have to do.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Time to put in some work....
Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

TJ my advice is hit it while the iron is still hot. She obviously digs you, go for it.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff fellas. We're all on the same page.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tj, I would say she's trying to make you her booty call. Time is right to flip the tables and make her yours. You have all the power here. Just invite her over to watch TV or a movie, and you're in. Lay the pipe, Mr. Plumber!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:

I would say keep having fun with her and see where it goes. She has baggage and doesn't want to be hurt, but if she didn't care about you, she wouldn't have bothered with the heart to heart. She is gun shy, but just keep on keeping on. Things will work out okay. In the meantime, enjoy what you have and don't push it. There's no value in doing so.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I would say keep having fun with her and see where it goes. She has baggage and doesn't want to be hurt, but if she didn't care about you, she wouldn't have bothered with the heart to heart. She is gun shy, but just keep on keeping on. Things will work out okay. In the meantime, enjoy what you have and don't push it. There's no value in doing so.
That sucks that in HS she has that much baggage.. Yikes! I am 27, and usually girls who start out like that become big time damaged goods, assuming they are still single, when they get to my age.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
That sucks that in HS she has that much baggage.. Yikes! I am 27, and usually girls who start out like that become big time damaged goods, assuming they are still single, when they get to my age.
Girls like that are usually twice divorced with a few kids by the time they get to your age.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Girls like that are usually twice divorced with a few kids by the time they get to your age.
LOL. Usually those type of women are like 35-38.. MIlfs! But at my age, those type of girls you avoid for anything long term. Basically girls you are friends with or hook up with, but never go out with due to damage or I say, scar tissue. Too much of it makes it impossible to forge any type of relationship.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
LOL. Usually those type of women are like 35-38.. MIlfs! But at my age, those type of girls you avoid for anything long term. Basically girls you are friends with or hook up with, but never go out with due to damage or I say, scar tissue. Too much of it makes it impossible to forge any type of relationship.
Well, I'm 22 and I know a couple girls who were like that and well on their way to a first divorce. But thats what happens when you marry the first guy who treats you somewhat decently.

Not to mention, it seems like every girl at my school is only here for their MRS degree...
Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, I'm 22 and I know a couple girls who were like that and well on their way to a first divorce. But thats what happens when you marry the first guy who treats you somewhat decently.

Not to mention, it seems like every girl at my school is only here for their MRS degree...
Yeah either way regardless of age those type of girls are the ones to avoid. But I feel like those type of girls usually get damage or accumulate it at a young age, like in HS or even in some cases middle school, if guys started cheating or treating them badly back then.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
and well on their way to a first divorce
Ugh, living in the South and seeing all these girls who get married when they are 18-22 is sickening. Talk about a pending disaster. Yeah, there are a few exceptions but for the most part, I just think it's stupid.