Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosy, Adalius and Rodney are hardly examples of low risk high reward, anyway, imo. All 3 were proven studs who continued to be studs here in NE. Injuries and all. In fact, I would argue they were all high risk b/c they were expected to be studs. It's much tougher to live up to high expectations.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
hey the won rings for a reason I guess right lol

hopefully the true mastermind (Pioli) can have the same LUCK in KC!
I wouldn't base my team's future on luck...

They sign good players for cheaper contracts because players actually want to go there; especially the older ones looking for rings with their last contracts.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call it luck until it happens in KC :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots will find a way to make him successful.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Rosy, Adalius and Rodney are hardly examples of low risk high reward, anyway, imo. All 3 were proven studs who continued to be studs here in NE. Injuries and all. In fact, I would argue they were all high risk b/c they were expected to be studs. It's much tougher to live up to high expectations.
Thomas and Colvin were both high-profile FA signings. They're completely uninvolved in this conversation. Harrison was more along the lines of this Springs signing. He seemed completely washed up, then ended up being good enough for the Pats to drop Milloy.
________
VAPORIZER TELEVISION

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:05 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Springs deal is for three years and "at least" $10.5 million, and up to $13 million total. Not a bad deal, although I doubt he'll be on the team for three years due to his age. Still, in terms of yearly salaries, we're looking at $3-4 million a year, which is about market value.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Shawn Springs deal is for three years and "at least" $10.5 million, and up to $13 million total. Not a bad deal, although I doubt he'll be on the team for three years due to his age. Still, in terms of yearly salaries, we're looking at $3-4 million a year, which is about market value.
Too much, IMO. Don't like the money much but I suppose it isn't THAT bad as long as we pick up a corner to spell him in the draft. Still, the Duane Starks experiment kinda put me off moves of this nature. Hopefully they learned their lesson and don't count on the guy although the money would say otherwise...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
if you can get 12 or so games out of him this year and 9-10 next year then he is well worth that. i couldnt imagine us paying him the 7.5 he was due this year under contract with us but id have had no problem paying him 3-4 mil. when hes healthy and on the field he is still a very good cornerback.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN is so god damned dumb. We make Springs official and suddenly it is a counter move to the Bills signing Owens. Forget the fact this has been in place for a week. Nope. That's not a good story.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote