Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Corey Dillion To Retire

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...call_it_quits/

Didn't see that one coming.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

....he had one good year for us.

At least it was a "super" year.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a shame. He's a very good player and teamed with Maroney - the Pats had a great chance of a SB season

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was declining but did great things in his time in New England. Now we need a power back.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119

wow more respect man come on..he played hurt..he was the toughest SOB to step on Gillette Stadium last few years

i respect his decision. You never want to try and comeback and possibly get hurt which can hurt your future and what u do. I have the world of respect for Corey as a player and person..hes a tough guy..battled through injuries, stayed strong and i will miss his stiff arm and mean streak. Its a shame he wont be a Patriot or player anymore but i hope hes happy and succesfull with what he does from here on out. Hes helped us tremendously..individual players..helped the team..helped the organization. he def. deserves HOF and i'll root for him
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

jumping on the tiki bandwagon
Old 02-22-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119

wow more respect man come on..he played hurt..he was the toughest SOB to step on Gillette Stadium last few years

i respect his decision. You never want to try and comeback and possibly get hurt which can hurt your future and what u do. I have the world of respect for Corey as a player and person..hes a tough guy..battled through injuries, stayed strong and i will miss his stiff arm and mean streak. Its a shame he wont be a Patriot or player anymore but i hope hes happy and succesfull with what he does from here on out. Hes helped us tremendously..individual players..helped the team..helped the organization. he def. deserves HOF and i'll root for him

I am not saying I do not respect the man, I do. I just believe he was more of a role player the last two seasons.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Corey Dillon; probably my favorite runner to watch of the last five years, aside from LT of course. Guy just barrelled through tacklers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for him. I'm glad that NFL players are starting to realize that it's not in their best interest to play as long as they can and risk their health after football. Unfortunately, this lesson was learned the hard way by many of their predecessors who are basically crippled now that they are getting to be middle aged or elderly. A football career is very short, you need to be able to live a healthy life for a lot longer after it's over. It's definately a smart move for him, he has nothing left to prove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they can land a LB in FA (namely, Adalius Thomas), I can definitely see them taking a long look at Brian Leonard in the first (if Leonard runs a good time) or 2nd. I could see them look Tony Hunt if he falls there in the 2nd. I could see them taking a look at Brandon Jackson, although they'll probably prefer a bigger, more physical back. Dwayne Wright could be an intriguing option.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So that frees up, what, another five mil on the cap?

Definitely sad to see Clock Killin Corey Dillon go. He was great while we had him.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gotta say, sometimes he came off as a prick but he made every game for the Bengals while he was here more exciting (despite all the losing). I was going insane when he had the (at the time) rushing yards per game title and was just killing people running through tackles. I was there when he got the rookie record vs. the Oilers as well. I don't even want to know how bad we would've been without him.

But then you had the times like when the Ravens were slaughtering us and he pulled himself out of the game and refused to come back in. Then his last game at Cincinnati he threw his pads/jersey into the stands and said something along the lines of "I'm outta here". I had mixed emotions when he won the SB but without him during our horrible years I can't even imagine how bad things would've been.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

good i hate dillion and maroney is real tight

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well good for him. I imagine that if I won a Superbowl and was starting to decline I would retire sooner rather then later. Although I think he should have been upfront about it and not have signed a 5 year extension last year if he wasnt intending on fulfilling hardly any of it.

But best of luck to him
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't think he expected his body to react the way it did...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lost alot of respect for him when he walked off the field against the Ravens in 2000 and wouldnt go back in...........um..........bye.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
I don't think he expected his body to react the way it did...
That's what she said.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
I lost alot of respect for him when he walked off the field against the Ravens in 2000 and wouldnt go back in...........um..........bye.
Hey, me too
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Scapegrace

Well, by asking to be released, it would mean he could sign with another team and play in 2007. I'm not sure why else he would ask to be released.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sucks to see him go. he was great in his prime

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maroney is in store for a big yr!

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see his retirement coming. I thought he'd play for a few more years.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
ckr50702

Oh well. Gotta quit sometime. And for runningback, that's pretty soon.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

It's a smart move & he's already won a championship & rushed for over a 1,000 yards in a season. What's left to do? Rush for 2,000? I'de retire too.

Maroney is a beast anyways.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Corey Dillon on the Bengals but when he went to New England i hated him

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote