Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

L.T. EYEBALLED SAINTS, RAVENS, BRONCOS

Not that is matters now but some thing to think about.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
L.T. EYEBALLED SAINTS, RAVENS, BRONCOS

Not that is matters now but some thing to think about.
The Broncos definitely means he was ready to stick it to AJ if he cut him. Saints=Drew, Ravens=Cam.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad he's staying put. I'm a big LT fan, and I really want to see him finish his HOF career in San Diego. I think he'll put together a few more decent seasons.
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like to see him get the rushing record, but I don't think he will.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'd really like to see him get the rushing record, but I don't think he will.
I don't think so either. Maybe the TD rush record, but even that would take alot. But I'm an Emmitt Smith mark so I kinda want that record to hold for awhile.:) But LT is a Texas native so it wouldn't be that bad. lol
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT getting the rushing record would require SD to get an offensive line that absolutely destroys run D's.

The rushing record requires the endurance of a compiler who doesn't take risks...someone like Emmitt Smith.

I respect guys like Smith of course...to be durable in a sport where men beat the crap out of each other is stunning...but he was an extremely lucky man and I don't even consider him one of the top 5 backs in history...sh*t he really might not even make my top 10 if I thought about it...can't confirm that one though.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree as much as I respect E.Smith he is not a top 5 all time back.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I have to agree as much as I respect E.Smith he is not a top 5 all time back.
Payton, Sanders, Brown, Sayers, Dickerson...yea, skill wise Smith isn't top 5. Overall, I believe Smith is top 5 but more like 4 or 5, no contest. Smith doesn't even touch top 3 without question.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...2417/?chargers

Numbers show compromise in new Tomlinson deal
By Kevin Acee

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The numbers on LaDainian Tomlinson's reworked contract are in, and they tell a story of compromise.

Tomlinson forfeited at least $6.125 million in potential salary over the three years on the deal, though he does have a chance to earn back $2 million of that by reaching yardage milestones in 2010.

Tomlinson, credited last week by team President Dean Spanos and General Manager A.J. Smith for helping the team create salary cap room so it could try to sign other players, afforded the Chargers approximately $4.1 million in cap relief over the three years.

As reported previously, Tomlinson will make $6.725 million in 2009, same as in the old contract. But $2.875 million was in a signing bonus, which means that amount is prorated over the life of the contract and saves the Chargers $1.25 million in cap room for '09.

Tomlinson's 2010 base salary is $3 million, of which $1 million is guaranteed even if he is released. There is also a $2 million roster bonus due next March, which means the Chargers have to release Tomlinson before then or pay him that money. Tomlinson can also make $2 million in incentives in 2010.

His 2011 salary is $6.15 million.

While Tomlinson was scheduled to make $24 million between now and 2011, he still has the potential to make almost $20 million.

“Being fair was what I was looking for,” Tomlinson said last week after agreeing to terms. “Not to really try to break the bank, just to be fair. That was all I was looking for. The Chargers have always been that. I didn't think they wouldn't be fair, and when it came down to it they were.

“(Providing cap relief for the team) is to get players here and help us win games. I've never been a selfish guy. The more guys we can have here to help us win. ... History tells us usually you do restructure late in your contract, and sometimes you don't get to; you end up getting released or traded. I was just happy I got the chance to restructure rather than be released or traded.”
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote