Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about Chris Wells as well.

1. Chris Wells
2. Phil Loadholt
3. Rashad Johnson /Best available pass rusher

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think round one is too soon for a RB for us. I really want one of the top OT's though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still on the Everette Brown bandwagon. I dont think they'd take Wells simply because good backs can be had in all rounds. Hell, Choice looked great for the Cowboys last year and he was a 4th round selection.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Sometime ago I remember reading that McCloughan and the 49ers were looking for a compliment to Frank that was a 'bigger back'. And his reasoning was, as opposed to a smaller scat back, that if Frank goes down, they want a guy that's able to carry the load for 4 weeks or so.

And then of course there's the philosophy of this organization to take the best football player first, not necessarily worry about needs. With nothing to do here at CMU except avoid the outdoors because of this chilly weather, I got to thinking. Why not Chris Wells?
It wouldn't surprise me if this quote from Scot McCloughan is speaking specifically about Beanie Wells....

Quote:
The big back, I'm talking about a back that is 215, 230. I'm not talking about a 235 pound guy that's going to run 4.4. I'm talking about a football player that has some special teams value but also go out there and carry the ball if we need him to, 10-15 times a game. And be a starter at any time.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...gore.html#more
Old 03-19-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a different note.. Given the newest thread in the NFL section.

Who do you think our breakout player/s are gonna be this season?
I'm hoping to God it's either Josh Morgan or Jason Hill, why not both. I love the potential they have.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I'm hoping to God it's either Josh Morgan or Jason Hill, why not both.
I would love it if Alex Smith were the one having a break out year but who are we kidding here? So, I'd like to see Dashon have a great year.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm still on the Everette Brown bandwagon.
I also like Brown but after Maybin's Pro-Day.... I'm not so sure Brown will be the player targeted.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, i really have no idea who i want the 49ers to pick. RT, FS, Pass Rusher are the big needs but the players that will likely be available dont really match up with the pick. RB, NT, WR are secondary needs but Raji and Crabtree will go top 10, is a RB worth it top 10?

I think our pick is going to surprise everyone. I mean, who saw us picking Balmer last year?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
On a different note.. Given the newest thread in the NFL section.

Who do you think our breakout player/s are gonna be this season?
I'm hoping to God it's either Josh Morgan or Jason Hill, why not both. I love the potential they have.
That's what I'm sayin'. Improve the line with the draft, give Hill the ability to throw to either of these guys - one to each side.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I also like Brown but after Maybin's Pro-Day.... I'm not so sure Brown will be the player targeted.
Good luck to Maybin trying to keep that weight on over the season.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breakout players of the year in '09:

1. Goldson
2. V.D. - I know but just watch
3. Rachal

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 03-20-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldson would be really nice. I really hope Alex gets it together this year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about Raji in the First, wr nicks in the 2nd(or best wr avail.),and ot troy kropog in the 3rd. fills major needs on d and depth o the oline. IMO kropog could be an effective rt as a rookie.This draft is so deep in pass rushers it would be hard not to take one with the first 3 picks. perhaps load holt in the 2nd and sidbury in the 3rd? input...?

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breakout:

1. Manny Lawson
2. Dashon Goldson
3. And I think the entire offensive line will benefit from a more traditional offensive scheme.
4. Alex if he gets the shot
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
2. V.D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
1. Manny Lawson
Been waiting on those two for a while.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
how about Raji in the First, wr nicks in the 2nd(or best wr avail.),and ot troy kropog in the 3rd. fills major needs on d and depth o the oline. IMO kropog could be an effective rt as a rookie.This draft is so deep in pass rushers it would be hard not to take one with the first 3 picks. perhaps load holt in the 2nd and sidbury in the 3rd? input...?
My opinion...

Raji will be gone before pick #10
Nicks will be gone before pick #43
I hate Troy Kropog
Old 03-20-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
oldman9er
Rookie

oldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Reggie Smith moves to FS

Quote:
Q: Good Morning Scot. Why in the world is Reggie Smith not competing at the safety spot? Reggie can be a Pro-Bowl FS. Thank You. - Mario in Monterey
A: Our plan right now is to move him to safety knowing that he has background from college playing both corner and safety. The best position for him on our roster, not just this year but in the future, is safety. Can he play free or strong safety? I think it can be either one. I think heíll line up at the position that gives us the best depth and competition. He will be at safety this year, but we still know that he has played corner and he can play corner so itís nice to have that versatility.
http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...tion=PR%20News
oldman9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman9er View Post
It's about ******* time. Get this guy on the field. I think he can be a playmaker.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Reggie Smith I forgot all about him. Was she injured?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
My opinion...

I hate Troy Kropog
the kropog comment is killing me! LMFAO!
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. I have been saying this since he was drafted. About damn time. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Been waiting on those two for a while.
Davis has been a disappointment since he was drafted and Eric Johnson was a bigger receiving threat than Davis has been thus far.

Lawson had a solid rookie year but suffered a major injury in 2007 and like so many others, it takes two years to be 100%. Lawson will be awesome in 2009 as long as Singletary starts him.

Here's my breakout player -

QB Shaun Hill

Thats right. All Hill needs is a full off-season and season as the starter as you will see why I have been hyping him up since December 2007.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My opinion...

I hate Troy Kropog
Whats to hate about Kropog... IMO hes underated

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

Here's my breakout player -

QB Shaun Hill

Thats right. All Hill needs is a full off-season and season as the starter as you will see why I have been hyping him up since December 2007.
I think we have seen the best of Hill... I just hope he can duplicate his "Trent Dilfer with the Ravens" impression and be good enough to give us a chance to win. He has pulled it off so far, but his upside is small from what I've seen.
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

WOW!!!!

Add Reggie Smith
Subtract Mark Roman

FS position is already SO MUCH BETTER.