Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj45 View Post
Being a pot head makes a junkie dumbass. Just because it's not crack or meth doesn't mean its ok. U sould like ignorant punk who thinks oh weed isn't a drug. U become a junkie when the drug u use affects ur daily life. Last time I checked if u can't put the blunt down during the season then ur an addict. So he is a junkie and if he wasn't then the judge wouldn't have agreed on him going to rehab. Don't talk smack on a website
We don't call caffeine or nicotine abusers junkies do we? What sort of BS is that judge wouldn't have agreed to rehab if he wasn't a junkie crap? If you get caught with any drug and want to lessen your sentence you go to rehab, that's how the court's work. No matter if you've gotten messed up for only the first time or if you're railing yay/bangin H on a daily basis.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
triggernome
Rookie

triggernome hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
Matt Millen picked this guy over Andre Johnson...... If only. How was Matt able to keep his job so long is absolute insanity, no wait that's him getting a contract extension!! I want to cry just thinking how bad he killed the Lions
Thank God it happened that way, as I'm sure Charlie Casserly would have taken Rogers if he were there.
triggernome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Matt Millen picked this guy over Andre Johnson...... If only. How was Matt able to keep his job so long is absolute insanity, no wait that's him getting a contract extension!!
Well to be fair, everyone had Michigan State receiver and (at the time) career touchdown record holder Charles Rogers being drafted by Detroit.

Even I who had Andre Johnson rated higher knew he was going to go to Detroit ahead of Andre. Not a 6'3 receiver with that record and 4.4 speed from a local college.

As horrible of a bust as Charles Rogers was, lets not pretend he was anything but one of the top receiver prospects of the last 20 years.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember watching Charles Rogers being interviewed by I think Chris Mortensen on draft day right after he was drafted. As soon as I heard him speak I knew that the Lions had blown the pick. Kind of the same way I felt when I heard Pacman's first interview after he was drafted.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"I'm just going to do my 10 days, get out of the court system and try to get in shape for a comeback," Rogers said
I wonder which CFL team that is going to be with.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being a pot head makes a junkie dumbass. Just because it's not crack or meth doesn't mean its ok. U sould like ignorant punk who thinks oh weed isn't a drug. U become a junkie when the drug u use affects ur daily life. Last time I checked if u can't put the blunt down during the season then ur an addict. So he is a junkie and if he wasn't then the judge wouldn't have agreed on him going to rehab. Don't talk smack on a website
Considering I have made, many, many, many posts on this subject, and was able to get a thread about drugs to last over an entire day I will say one thing and then leave this conversation with a quote.

A junkie is someone who is addicted to drugs and commits an action that is against his typical moral code in order to satisfy his cravings. Charles Rogers did neither. He is not a junkie, he is an idiot(and not for smoking weed or drinking, but rather that he got caught doing either.)

Now for the quote from Half Baked:
Cocaine Addict: Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Cocaine Addict: Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?
I seen 'im!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Well to be fair, everyone had Michigan State receiver and (at the time) career touchdown record holder Charles Rogers being drafted by Detroit.

Even I who had Andre Johnson rated higher knew he was going to go to Detroit ahead of Andre. Not a 6'3 receiver with that record and 4.4 speed from a local college.

As horrible of a bust as Charles Rogers was, lets not pretend he was anything but one of the top receiver prospects of the last 20 years.
Yes I agree completely, but field stats and game tape alone, if you did your homework correctly you would find the problems with drafting him that high.

He tested positive at the combine (claimed watered down sample), tested positive all 3 years at state for marijuana, took plays off, refused to play special teams for state, has 5 illegitimate children (2 or 3 while in high school) and just by interviewing him you should have been able to see that this guy does not have high character at all.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guys an idiot. Way to waste your life!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:28 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Matt Millen picked this guy over Andre Johnson...... If only. How was Matt able to keep his job so long is absolute insanity, no wait that's him getting a contract extension!! I want to cry just thinking how bad he killed the Lions
That's not entirely fair, C-Rog looked the real deal and was considered a very good selection at #2 that year. It's sad to see how it turned out, but Millen can't really be blamed for that. Other than that, yeah he pretty much killed the lions. But both Harrington and C-Rog looked like really good picks when he made them. Everyone agreed on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I di--

nevermind.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, how old are you?

Does anybody actually think Roger's will get back into football? What about the AFL?

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hells the matter with this guy?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember him now. He was good in college. And her turned into a class A bust when he came to the NFL. And now he is a pothead. Awesome.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Rogers' problem isn't that he smokes weed. Lots of guys in the league smoke. His problem is that he's a dummy.

You can say all you want that he was an equal or better prospect than Andre Johnson, and from a 40 time or college production standpoint he was.

But it's idiotic to use the second pick in the draft on anyone who can't put two sentences together. It's a clear sign of someone who, though they dominated in college, will not be able to make the step to the higher level of competition, mentally and in terms of work and dedication.

Sure, Rogers was hurt by injuries, an inconsistent organization around him, and by the Lions basically abandoning him as their #1 guy the very next year by drafting Roy Williams (of course by that time he had already had two positives for weed). But those are the adversities players face. The second overall pick has to be a guy who has the mental toughness to fight through those and accept nothing less than becoming great.

Rogers has the mental toughness of a sponge mop. Anyone who talks to him can figure this out. So, although he was considered a top prospect worthy of the #2 pick, it should have been easy to figure out Johnson was the better choice and yes I blame Millen for being too dense to realize that.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

I love how alot of these guys live paycheck to paycheck and then are totally broke when they get cut....how the hell do you live like that when your making 150k a week....
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
I love how alot of these guys live paycheck to paycheck and then are totally broke when they get cut....how the hell do you live like that when your making 150k a week....
they don't go broke instantly, but I suppose their homes and regular costs do depend on that 150k coming in. So when that money stops flowing, the costs mount and presto! you're broke.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
We don't call caffeine or nicotine abusers junkies do we? What sort of BS is that judge wouldn't have agreed to rehab if he wasn't a junkie crap? If you get caught with any drug and want to lessen your sentence you go to rehab, that's how the court's work. No matter if you've gotten messed up for only the first time or if you're railing yay/bangin H on a daily basis.
LOL, youre in trouble, I just laughed out loud at work and now the customers are looking at me like im crazy

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its amazing what a couple broken collarbones can do to a guy's life. Rogers was actually doing good until he broke his collarbone in consecutive seasons basically ending his career. Now look where he is.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Its amazing what a couple broken collarbones can do to a guy's life. Rogers was actually doing good until he broke his collarbone in consecutive seasons basically ending his career. Now look where he is.
Collorbone is a very scary injury. I remember when I was playing bantam level hockey we went up to detroit for a tournament and we had our biggest defender get sent head first into the boards and he broke his collarbone. that was a ****** trip since we had two other broken bones in that tourney, but that was a really scary moment. Especially since our sisters were good friends.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
moseshallreturn
Rookie

moseshallreturn is a cocksman.moseshallreturn is a cocksman.moseshallreturn is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Junkie? He smokes pot not crack.
Beer is worse than pot, yet pot is illegal.
moseshallreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseshallreturn View Post
Beer is worse than pot, yet pot is illegal.
Don't even start. Don't get me wrong, I think all drugs should be legalized, regulated and taxed, but this is neither the place nor the time for such discussion.