Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 03-07-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BurgerTime09

First post....

Well i was pretty ticked off when I found out that Mays was returning for his senior season at USC. So im just gonna agree with everyone else and say that with the 1st pick its either Orakpo, Johnson, or the best linebacker available. I dont think any DB's would be worth the pick since Jenkins will be long gone. But next year definately we need to go for a big time playmaker DB. But hey, maybe we would get roy williams in free agency? :)
Old 03-16-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the pick to be Peria Jerry. Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, Peria Jerry, and Antonio Smith would be epic! :)
Old 03-16-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id like Jerry, Cushing, or a trade down for Matthews.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Id like Jerry, Cushing, or a trade down for Matthews.
I am slowly starting to like Clint Sintim more than Cushing and Matthews for some reason. I think he has more upside than both of them.

Beanie and Slaton would be sweet and Percy/DHB with Andre would be awesome as well but I doubt we go offense in the first round.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:20 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A linebacker we haven't really brought up yet that I would love for us to get is Danell Ellerbe. He is really athletic, fast, and most importantly blows people up. Thomas Davis laid huge hits when he was at UGA too, and Ellerbe's game is similarly ferocious.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 03-30-2009 at 03:40 AM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans were one of two teams that didnt show up for the USC pro day. I am really suprised since with the off season moves we have made points to us looking at linebacker in the draft.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really surprised me, too. Maybe that is a sign they are gonna trade down.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
The Texans were one of two teams that didnt show up for the USC pro day. I am really suprised since with the off season moves we have made points to us looking at linebacker in the draft.
It's that time of year, smokescreen!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
It's that time of year, smokescreen!
It's not like showing up would have indicated anything in particular if almost all the other teams were there as well.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
It's not like showing up would have indicated anything in particular if almost all the other teams were there as well.
Yes, but the point being we shouldn't look much into the absence as a sign of things to come. I fully expect them to take one of the Trojan LBs (Cushing, Matthews).
Old 04-02-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You may have a point, 619. But what is the harm of showing up when EVERYONE wants to watch the LB's of USC workout?

I sure hope the texans are gonna trade down...

Old 04-02-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Cushing and Matthews have been widely speculated to Houston for a while now. There may not be any harm in showing up, however, by not showing up it could send wrong signals to the rest of the league. Especially, in the case where another team, for example, considers trading in front of them for Cushing, let's say.

That or they believe Cushing will be off the board and are no longer considering Matthews that high, while turning their full attention to other first round targets. Also could mean the increasing likelihood of a trade down as already pointed out.

Last edited by 619 : 04-02-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Clay Matthews over Cushing at this point. If Cushing wasn't on the field on third down in college I don't see how he's going to be in the NFL.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:22 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I think I like Mathews over Cushing too, even though Cushing looks like he blows up anyone that is carrying the ball.

But I think the value in this draft is in the late first, early second picks. I would love to see a trade down.

I trust the Texan's drafting abilities, though. Based on the last few years...

Old 04-05-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that we have signed Buster Davis and Cato June we have a ton of linebackers. Right now we have Buster Davis, Cato June, DeMeco Ryans, Xavier Adibi, Zac Diles, Kevin Bentley, Chaun Thompson, and Kevis Coley(I would be suprised if Coley makes the team). Are the Texans still looking at LB in the draft?? I have a feeling the Texans will do like last year and make a pick that no one had them taking....
Old 04-05-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

We should take Jarrett Dillard! Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a DE in the first round. I know we got Antonio Smith, but he is not yet a proven entity. Sure he played great in the playoffs, but he was really nothing special during the regular season.

And as teams like the Giants and the Eagles have proven, you can't have enough pass-rushers.

I see the probability of us taking a DE such as Aaron Maybin being pretty high unless we trade down.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I second Jarret Dillard
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st) Trade down maybe......,Malcolm Jenkins if he is available(Which I doubt). Maybe Raji if he is at #15(Which I really doubt).

Likely Cushing, Matthews or Vontae Davis.

2nd) I'm really really hoping Delmas is there when the Texans pick. If not him, maybe William Moore, maybe Ziggy Hood.

3rd)??RB Andre Brown NCST., RB Cedric Peerman Virgina or S Rashad Johnson(If he is available there).

4th)Roy Miller or Henry Melton...maybe OT Alex Boone

5th)CB Captain Munnerlyn
Old 04-13-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
1st) Trade down maybe......,Malcolm Jenkins if he is available(Which I doubt). Maybe Raji if he is at #15(Which I really doubt).

2nd) I'm really really hoping Delmas is there when the Texans pick. If not him, maybe William Moore, maybe Ziggy Hood.

3rd)??RB Andre Brown NCST., RB Cedric Peerman Virgina or S Rashad Johnson(If he is available there).

5th)CB Captain Munnerlyn
I don't really like Vontae Davis, I just can't see him as a safety for some reason, and I would not want him as a corner. Delmas would be awesome, as would Ziggy, both are players I really like.

Rashad Johnson will most likely be gone by then, but if not that's a must pick. We need two good young safeties, and Delmas and Rashad Johnson would be a great tandem.

I'd like Henry Melton in the 4th, he has so much athletic ability. He would be a project for sure, but he's pretty versatile. I'm not too big a Boone fan, I think at tackle we just need to wait and see how Duane Brown progresses this year then decide what to do next year. We've got enough guys to back him up, so I say we wait and decide if we should invest a pick on an elite talent at OT.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Miller and Melton, but if we go d-line, it's gonna be for a rush specialist. The paper talked about it this morning, 12 of our 25 sacks were from Mario...
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post

5th)CB Captain Munnerlyn
Thats a nice selection of guys that have a solid chance of being available where you listed them. I agree with you on Delmas, would really like to see him there for our 2nd. Andre Brown might not last till the third but I could see us grabbing Peerman there and I wouldn't complain. Miller in the 4th is solid and you didn't even list the 2nd 4th from Minnesota. Draft can't get here soon enough.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote