Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-27-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Pettigew would only be drafted with the intent to give him extensive time in the slot or at WR. It would also signify that we rated him considerably higher than any WR that is available at our pick.

All in all, i highly doubt this is something the Jets will do, but it would have a plan behind it i'm sure.....i hope.
Who is the him we'd be playing at slot or WR, Keller or Pettigrew? I'd presume you mean Keller becacuse Pettigrew is obviously the more prototypical tight end of the two, but wasn't sure. Agreed it would signify we really don't like the widouts much, and that I'm sure there would be some plan behind it. There usually is behind weird picks...doesn't mean they were the right call though. Look at Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed. Improve our secondary through our pass rush by drafting a third end...and it was a reach too. :(
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this Jets mock. I tried to make it realistic.
1-17-17- Darrius Heyward Bey WR
2-20-52- Jarron Gilbert DE
3-12-76- Andre Brown RB
4-15-115- Jason Watkins OT
6-20-193- Frantz Joseph ILB
7-19-228- Bear Pascoe TE

Some Undrafted Free Agents
Antonio Dixon NT
Robby Felix C
Mike Teel QB
Kevin Brock TE
Anthony Reddick S
Greg Carr WR

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
How about this Jets mock. I tried to make it realistic.
1-17-17- Darrius Heyward Bey WR
2-20-52- Jarron Gilbert DE
3-12-76- Andre Brown RB
4-15-115- Jason Watkins OT
6-20-193- Frantz Joseph ILB
7-19-228- Bear Pascoe TE

Some Undrafted Free Agents
Antonio Dixon NT
Robby Felix C
Mike Teel QB
Kevin Brock TE
Anthony Reddick S
Greg Carr WR
i would be very very pleased with this. i think gilbert and brown is great value
Old 03-28-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about if Sanchez drops we swap 1st rounders with the Vikings (to jump in front of the Bucs) and we take Britt with our 1st while picking up an additional 3rd?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Gilbert would be a MONSTER in your system

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Who is the him we'd be playing at slot or WR, Keller or Pettigrew? I'd presume you mean Keller becacuse Pettigrew is obviously the more prototypical tight end of the two, but wasn't sure. Agreed it would signify we really don't like the widouts much, and that I'm sure there would be some plan behind it. There usually is behind weird picks...doesn't mean they were the right call though. Look at Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed. Improve our secondary through our pass rush by drafting a third end...and it was a reach too. :(
ah, you are correct, i meant to put Keller, not 'him'.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

I wanna see a Jets vs Giants SB, itll make the rest of the nation go INSANE!!!!

Miami would be flooed with NYers, oh wait it already is.....

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random, but I love Rex's idea of training at a more remote location to promote team chemistry. Remember The Titans FTW!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
I wanna see a Jets vs Giants SB, itll make the rest of the nation go INSANE!!!!

Miami would be flooed with NYers, oh wait it already is.....
While I wouldnt turn down a Super Bowl appearance, the Giants would be the last team I would want to play. We are already the red- headed step child of NY Football, then when we finally make the big dance we have to share the attention with the other tenants...NO THANKS..
Old 03-29-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
While I wouldnt turn down a Super Bowl appearance, the Giants would be the last team I would want to play. We are already the red- headed step child of NY Football, then when we finally make the big dance we have to share the attention with the other tenants...NO THANKS..
Agreed. While it would be crazy over here in New York and New Jersey, I dont want to share the attention with the G-Men.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-29-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Random, but I love Rex's idea of training at a more remote location to promote team chemistry. Remember The Titans FTW!
i like it but now instead of a 30 min drive its a 3 hour drive for me to see the jets practice ):
Old 03-29-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetvilma51 View Post
i like it but now instead of a 30 min drive its a 3 hour drive for me to see the jets practice ):
It was gonna be 15 minutes for me :(. Nice idea though.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Agreed. While it would be crazy over here in New York and New Jersey, I dont want to share the attention with the G-Men.
That's true, but that's the one way you can get respect. If you're a new york team, you need to go out and grab the fu*ker by the neck and hold on to it..that's how you get it in this town.

If we went to the SB and won, I guarantee the Giants would still get more pub after a few weeks of super bowl high for us. BUT, if we beat the g-ladies, than the city is ours, at least until the following season.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope he doesn't do that water is for cowards thing Denzel Washington did. That might have flown in the 1960's, but when coaches do that now, players die.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I hope he doesn't do that water is for cowards thing Denzel Washington did. That might have flown in the 1960's, but when coaches do that now, players die.
All I'm asking is that this happens by the end of camp:

Old 03-29-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
From a team building perspective it is a good idea, but from a local perspective it stinks. How much $$ was spent on their new facility? How many promises to local businesses of increased revenue during training camp will be broken?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I saw Brick today at a local supermarket. Pretty cool.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Did you talk to him at all?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-29-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Did you talk to him at all?
Nah I wanted to but also didn't want to bother the guy out in public and everything. Took me a second to recognize him too, he's huge but lean to the point where my initial thought was that he looked more like a basketball player than an offensive lineman, so I would've had to double back to get his attention anyway.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derza, where do you live? I've never seen any Jets around me, but I've seen some Giants.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We still need to go and harass him sometime. I have his address written down at home.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

It would delight me to no end if he lived in a brick house.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Derza, where do you live? I've never seen any Jets around me, but I've seen some Giants.
Livingston. Like 10, 15 minutes from the new complex. Not my favorite place ever, but there's some cool people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
We still need to go and harass him sometime. I have his address written down at home.
I'd be down...over the summer at some point. We'll need to chill and talk Jets/sports in general anyway since we haven't actually since like HS.

Quote:
It would delight me to no end if he lived in a brick house.
He's in an apartment in the town center I believe, though I think they may be brick...not certain off the top of my head though. I'll check whenever I'm home next.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be down...over the summer at some point. We'll need to chill and talk Jets/sports in general anyway since we haven't actually since like HS.
Thats true. I guess Witmaack's English class was good for one thing, even if it wasn't to learn anything from him.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So anyways in the free agency thread I talked about TE with a couple of others and now I want to see what you guys think.... What should we do about TE? I mean we have Keller so a pass catching TE is not a need, but we desperately need a guy who can block as well as be a short/safety net option for our QB.