Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Do Bulls fans regret not taking Lamarcus, because yes Tyrus has the highest celing out of any player in the draft but Lamarcus would give them low post scoring and really help for winning a championship right now.
Not really. I think even though Tyrus was a tweener, he was way to talented to pass up. And actually, even though he's a tweener, I think in about 3 years he'll be able to go down on the block and post up. He needs some strength though.
That's flat denial. I admit I wasn't LA's biggest fan, but he's proven me wrong. The guy understands how to play the game. He's gonna be a great one.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Quote:
Do Bulls fans regret not taking Lamarcus, because yes Tyrus has the highest celing out of any player in the draft but Lamarcus would give them low post scoring and really help for winning a championship right now.
Not really. I think even though Tyrus was a tweener, he was way to talented to pass up. And actually, even though he's a tweener, I think in about 3 years he'll be able to go down on the block and post up. He needs some strength though.
That's flat denial. I admit I wasn't LA's biggest fan, but he's proven me wrong. The guy understands how to play the game. He's gonna be a great one.
Oh for sure. The Bulls should have kept Alderige, he fills there biggest need ( a scorer inside), Hes farther along in his development as a player and better ready to play right now, and has almost as high of a cieling to develop IMO. I dont think he would have too much of an impact this year but hed have far more impact than TT. I think the bulls were just enamored with TT's athelticism.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh for sure. The Bulls should have kept Alderige, he fills there biggest need ( a scorer inside), Hes farther along in his development as a player and better ready to play right now, and has almost as high of a cieling to develop IMO. I dont think he would have too much of an impact this year but hed have far more impact than TT. I think the bulls were just enamored with TT's athelticism.
And that's something we lacked last season in the playoffs. Tyrus had hands down the most upside in that draft. They worked him out twice and thought he wasd the best fit.

And how is that denial? Tyrus will be able to post up in about 2 years. He's already shown that ability this season. He's not going to be a paint player but he's got that ability.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The difference is that Blatche could always shoot and make the bucket. His range goes all the way out to 3 point range where he has shown that he can hit it consistently. Thomas could never shoot anything beyond a lay up. I remember during the predraft workouts how everyone was talking about how well Tyrus could shoot. I never bought it... He never showed it at LSU. I have my doubts that he'll ever be a jump shooter. Seriously.
This is true Blatche has always had the 3 pt range but in game's at the pro level he wasnt hitting anything consistantly until recently. I think when all is said and done Blatche will be looked at as a major steal. We got him at like the 48th pick (not positive but dont feel like looking it up) when alot of people felt he was going to be a late 1st rounder (a team promised him a 1st round selectio i dont remember who though) I hate to say it but Jamisons injury is kind of helping us. I mean we are getting in the playoffs no matter what (knock on wood) so now we aer getting a chance to develop Blatche. So when Jamison gets back and it comes around to playoff time Blatche will be able to contribute off the bench. Classic case of taking lemons and turning them into Lemonade.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And that's something we lacked last season in the playoffs. Tyrus had hands down the most upside in that draft. They worked him out twice and thought he wasd the best fit.

And how is that denial? Tyrus will be able to post up in about 2 years. He's already shown that ability this season. He's not going to be a paint player but he's got that ability.
Popular belief is that TT had most upside but I actually have always thought Rudy Gaye had the most upside. The only true star I see coming out of that draft is Brandon Roy though.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Popular belief is that TT had most upside but I actually have always thought Rudy Gaye had the most upside. The only true star I see coming out of that draft is Brandon Roy though.
Tyrus will be a star my friend. He's going to be an incredible shot blocker, a darn good defender, and explosive offensively. His athleticism alone is taking over games in points.

Rudy doesn't touch Tyrus' ability on the defensive end though.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Tyrus Thomas. 1 year younger, Better Shotblocker, probably top3 best shot blocker in the NBA already, Better rebounder, averaging 8.5 rpg playing SF/PF, better shooter as he can now hit the open jumper and has always been an average shooter but can really develop it, and a more explosive leaper, not to mention 4+ apg.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Josh Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Tyrus Thomas. 1 year younger, Better Shotblocker, probably top3 best shot blocker in the NBA already, Better rebounder, averaging 8.5 rpg playing SF/PF, better shooter as he can now hit the open jumper and has always been an average shooter but can really develop it, and a more explosive leaper, not to mention 4+ apg.

Josh Smith looked terrible against Chicago. His outside game needs a lot more work and he still needs to get stronger. Keep in mind too that he's got 2 more years of experience than Tyrus, and he's got significantly more playing time.

Tyrus possesses post up ability, which I don't see Josh Smith having. I think Josh is more of a slasher type player than a low block guy.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But I still like Josh Better, within the next 3 years will win defensive player of the year and at the end of the year his averages will be around 18+10, his ceiling is possibly higher than Tyrus because of his ability to play 4 positions, and honestly while Thomas may develop a little back to the basket game he will never become dominant playing that way, his points will come from offensive rebounds and cuts to the basket.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly after the wolves losss last night, KG was heard saying "thank god for opt-outs" as he headed into the lockerroom. :(

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Josh Smith has arguably the most potential of any player in the league.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
But I still like Josh Better, within the next 3 years will win defensive player of the year and at the end of the year his averages will be around 18+10, his ceiling is possibly higher than Tyrus because of his ability to play 4 positions, and honestly while Thomas may develop a little back to the basket game he will never become dominant playing that way, his points will come from offensive rebounds and cuts to the basket.
Oh I know that. Although Tyrus will develop an outside shot, and he will develop a low post game. But yes, Smith is certainly more versatile.

Both still have a ton of room to grow though. And IMO both are two different players. Josh is like I said more of a slasher/outside guy. Tyrus will be more of a slasher/inside guy.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Upcoming knicks and nets game. I'm telling you now, winner makes the playoffs.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwight *cough* Howard *eh em* ... Dwight is younger than Josh Smith.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Care to explain why? :?

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahah btw, anybody remember Mark Madsen??!!

LOOOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgOQO5MilfI

Old 02-24-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Josh possesses unreal defensive ability, he has shown signs of an outside shot, he has unreal athleticism, etc...I think he and Dwight right now have the most upside of anyone.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Josh possesses unreal defensive ability, he has shown signs of an outside shot, he has unreal athleticism, etc...I think he and Dwight right now have the most upside of anyone.
Eh... still he's VERY streaky. I tend to split "potential" into two categories:

1. Realistic potential
2. Unrealistic potential

And I see Josh Smith with unrealistic potential in that even tho he has "upside" and physical tools I just don't see him putting it all together. I guess I oculd be wrong tho

Old 02-24-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Care to explain why? :?
As far as untapped potential goes I think Josh Smith is top 3. Yeah Dwight Howard has probably the most potential and there are other guys you could throw in there but when Josh develops a consistant jumper hes going to be so dangerous in ever aspect of the game.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LOOOL

remember? You talk like hes not the man anymore.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Supposedly after the wolves losss last night, KG was heard saying "thank god for opt-outs" as he headed into the lockerroom. :(

i really dont blame him. i would be LONG gone by now if i was him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan

i really dont blame him. i would be LONG gone by now if i was him.
Yeah, I don't blame him in the least either....It's kinda depressing though, thinking about Wolves basketball post KG. DAMN YOU GLEN TAYLOR!!!!! WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE HIRED A COMPETENT GM?!?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of potential.. I wonder if Shaun Livingston will live up to his.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:

LOOOL

What in the hell was that? Drugs had to have been involved in that speech.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDraftGeek
Upcoming knicks and nets game. I'm telling you now, winner makes the playoffs.
Neither team makes the playoffs. Only the Raps (Atlantic Division Champions) will make the playoffs. Isiah has been feeding you too m uch crap.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote