Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The NFC east teams have huge questions marks, but you just shrugged off New Orleans defense as being stronger and carrying the NFC banner, so I guess their defense is no longer a huge question mark because your sold? Great logic.
I assume your a Cowboy's fan by your name. The Cowboys could dominate but they first have to answer the question of whether Romo can win a playoff game, if he answers that question then they are certainly a threat to make it to the Super Bowl. However, they have never done it under Romo and until they do, they remain suspect in my book.
The Giants look tough but the record for teams making it back to the Super Bowl after winning it is rather poor so they have to prove they can overcome that.
The Eagles will go as far as McNabb's health carries them but I'm not expecting him to make it through the season based on past performance.
IMO, Washington will fall back without Gibbs as their HC. His abilities covered up a lot of weaknesses on the Redskins.
New Orleans is certainly no cinch to make it to the Super Bowl but I happen to think the addition of Ellis on defense will be telling, their offense looks ready to shine. IMO, they have a real shot but like the Cowboys they will have to prove on the field that they can get the job done. It's only my opinion but I think they have a real shot especially since the race looks wide open to me.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These really aren't truths like Thule's are. On #6, I hope ur right, I really do, I just don't see it. Jackson not being in will kill us. Linehan is still our coach. Although, like u, I see no one that jumps out on paper in the west, but I still don't see us winning it.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I assume your a Cowboy's fan by your name. The Cowboys could dominate but they first have to answer the question of whether Romo can win a playoff game, if he answers that question then they are certainly a threat to make it to the Super Bowl. However, they have never done it under Romo and until they do, they remain suspect in my book.
The Giants look tough but the record for teams making it back to the Super Bowl after winning it is rather poor so they have to prove they can overcome that.
The Eagles will go as far as McNabb's health carries them but I'm not expecting him to make it through the season based on past performance.
IMO, Washington will fall back without Gibbs as their HC. His abilities covered up a lot of weaknesses on the Redskins.
New Orleans is certainly no cinch to make it to the Super Bowl but I happen to think the addition of Ellis on defense will be telling, their offense looks ready to shine. IMO, they have a real shot but like the Cowboys they will have to prove on the field that they can get the job done. It's only my opinion but I think they have a real shot especially since the race looks wide open to me.

You didn't have to address the Cowboys at all in your post, because I didn't argue we didn't have question marks, I was arguing how you just dismissed New Orleans defense being horrible last year and all of a sudden being the anchor that carries them to the super bowl...So thats not a question anymore because you like some additions(a rookie who has yet to show his impact), that still doesn't mean its not a huge question mark for them this season, because if your going to use that argument the Giants should make it back to the super bowl...Their defense anchored them there, and even though the lost Strahan I believe the additions of Phillips and Thomas will make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great thread bsaza, i think i agree with all of them, with the exception of the Cowboys truth, albeit i can definitely see it happening. the east is so wide open.

and Matt Schaub is very underappreciated, great call. i agree with most of it.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Bsaza was dead on with players on the move.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2. The Cowboys will finish in the bottom half of the East and will be on the playoff bubble. Everything seemed to break right for the Cowboys last season, and their offense was prolific, allowing their D to really tee off on some teams. Everyone in the league will be ready to play the Cowboys this year, and they are no longer a novelty act. They are the hunted. I think DeMarcus Ware is one of the best in the league, but the safety combo of Roy and Ken Hamlin remains a weak spot, despite excellent depth at CB between an already dinged TNew, an underrated Henry, and a rusty-but-talented Pacman. I see more injuries biting the Cowboys, perhaps on the OLine, which will affect them significantly. On top of it, I see a lot of strong personalities in that locker room, and I see a coach in Wade Phillips who is a lame duck. Jason Garrett is the future of the Cowboys, and the players know it. Anyone can have a happy locker room when the team goes 13-3. I find it hard to believe that this team will knuckle down and kick arse if they start 1-3. I don't think TO will be the problem. I just don't see them as a team that will come together under Phillips. Cowboys go 9-7 due to injuries and a ridiculous division schedule and miss the playoffs because the terrible teams in the West and South have to be represented. I think the Cowboys are poised for a ridiculous run come 2009. They just have to suffer through some pain in 2008.

Wow...
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Damn Straight, lol. Lots of good calls there bsaza.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Too bad my Bills failed to come through again... Forever 7-9.
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

I LOL'd when i read Childress for coach of the year...
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Damn Bsaza was dead on with players on the move.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stop ur hating it isn't going to help ur cause