Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I thought they did (goku punched him in the gut, lol).
Well it is the DBZ universe where no one is truly dead haha. He was able to come back for a couple more movies after his first 'death'. I don't remember how he came back for his 2nd movie, in the 3rd (bio-broly) scientists sort of brought him back, but he was more of a big blob of goo than a saiyajin.

And ya, Bleach & DBZ arent exactly the same, but I still contend that Bleach is the modern day slightly evolved DBZ. They share a lot of similarities.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I soooo loved DBZ back in the day.....I remember my first time through the Freiza sage (or however it's spelled....) So epic....lol.

Vegeta and Piccolo were my favs for sure.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they are all shonen books (teenage boy hero stuff).
Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad Ass.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
they are all shonen books (teenage boy hero stuff).
The japanese love their teenage school boy turned crazy powerful killer/hero !
Old 04-03-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo where did you watch Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heavens Door

I must see that, the series was awesome in both Jap and English.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yo where did you watch Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heavens Door

I must see that, the series was awesome in both Jap and English.
I actually went with a few friends and saw it in a local art theater when it first came to the states, don't think ive seen it subbed.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I actually went with a few friends and saw it in a local art theater when it first came to the states, don't think ive seen it subbed.
Cowboy bebop is awesome, looking through your list I have seen quite a few.

If you want to have a good laugh watch a few episodes of Eye Shield 21

Also I see you like the fighting and sword play theme, as do I, check out Rurouni Kenshin. --- just saw it on your list a 10 it does deserve a 10

Also whats up no Naruto Shippuden
Old 04-03-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Being best friends with two kids from hong kong who went to visit every summer meant I watched to much of this show. Piccolo was the original badass of the show, although I got into Gundam's a lot more then it was Outlaw Star/Trigun and finally NGE/Ghost in Shell/Akira was the culmination of my anime phase. This show was hilarious though and I'm hoping the movie is awesomely bad.

Last edited by Mr. Hero : 04-03-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

The movie is super bad looking at the trailer
Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cowboy bebop is awesome, looking through your list I have seen quite a few.

If you want to have a good laugh watch a few episodes of Eye Shield 21

Also I see you like the fighting and sword play theme, as do I, check out Rurouni Kenshin. --- just saw it on your list a 10 it does deserve a 10

Also whats up no Naruto Shippuden
For the most part I do my best to avoid the ridiculously long series. Naruto also looked a bit too kiddy for me. I got sucked into Bleach, I had no idea it wasnt a typical 26 episode series when I started it.

I also haven't seen much any of the Kenshin series, but I have seen Samurai X the Kenshin prequel. Its a 4 ep OVA and absolutely brilliant.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
For the most part I do my best to avoid the ridiculously long series. Naruto also looked a bit too kiddy for me. I got sucked into Bleach, I had no idea it wasnt a typical 26 episode series when I started it.

I also haven't seen much any of the Kenshin series, but I have seen Samurai X the Kenshin prequel. Its a 4 ep OVA and absolutely brilliant.
I'll have to watch it then.

Naruto is kiddy, not Shippuden.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

check out Blade of the Immortal
Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'll have to watch it then.

Naruto is kiddy, not Shippuden.
Been trying to dig up a youtube vid of the first 5-10 minutes of my fav series to link you up too, I think I may have found one. Must screen it first to verify that it isn't censored though, hate censors!

Just a sec.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

As this show so epically teaches the answer to global warming is yelling loudly enough...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_bse0BLJ8
Old 04-03-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Hmm, this was the best I can find bhaa. And this is the censored version, imagine the uncut, mucho better :)

Last edited by El Peefs????? : 04-03-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hmm, this was the best I can find bhaa. And this is the censored version, imagine the uncut, mucho better :)
WTF was that?

i'll watch a few episodes to see if it gets better

One of my main things is, it needs good artistic work, or it better have an amazing story like Cowboy Bebop, it was made in 95 but damn that **** is classic.

Last edited by brat316 : 04-03-2009 at 02:51 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Haha I love seeing peoples encounters to its opening. Has a very nice shock value. The story is amazing. The music is very powerful too, fits well with the demeanor of the series. Very Requiem'esque. But yes, there is random nudity & a lot of gore.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Haha I love seeing peoples encounters to its opening. Has a very nice shock value. The story is amazing. The music is very powerful too, fits well with the demeanor of the series. Very Requiem'esque. But yes, there is random nudity & a lot of gore.
I'm assuming you've seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, is this show on par? Seems bloody enough to be entertaining at least.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
I'm assuming you've seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, is this show on par? Seems bloody enough to be entertaining at least.
Ugh, I love this show so much more than Eva. I've seen Eva before it, Ive seen Eva many times (actually I have the remastered DVD's.. well if they ever get returned to me) and I honestly still have no idea wtf happens in a lot of it. They randomly switch between plot ideas, often forgetting and never getting back to many of them. It has two endings, both of which are serious head scratchers. I say this as someone who, overall, really enjoys Evangelion too. Elfen Lied is much better.

I love Elfen Lied's gore for shock value, especially that scene. But there are a lot of gory yet awful shows. Elfen Lied is about way more than a bunch of violence, it lays out an incredible story that really gets to you in only 13 eps.

Last edited by El Peefs????? : 04-03-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Cool, I'll add that to my list for after finals.

I loved NGE, granted I first saw it as an early teen and have seen it a couple times through so it's really not that confusing to me, or at least it wasn't last time I watched it, so if this is as good or better I look forward to watching it during my summer of psychedelics.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Have you ever seen Rah'Xephon? In a way it has nearly the same plot as Eva (entirely different story though, if that makes sense) but isn't quite as out there when it comes to crazy ish that goes no where. I think it was a better overall show.

Most of NGA is left to interpretation, if you go and talk to different people who have seen it all they will all probably tell you something different as to what a lot of stuff was/meant.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

And that was what I loved about it when i first saw it, is that there was so much in the storyline yet there was still so much just hinted at that you could take a number of different ways. I thought it was a really rich show that left you with a lot more than was in it, and I never got that heavy into anime, I listed pretty much every show/movie I've watched in its entirety above, didn't even finish cowboy bebop.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Vegeta is easily the best character the show. He is developed the most throughout and is just such a huge badass. Goku ain't got **** on him. On the movie I know it will be god-awful but it is DBZ so I have no choice but to see it.
I thought Vegeta was the worst. He's even more of an arrogant fool in the manga. Piccolo is the true badass. Vegeta is just an idiot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote