Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Giants interested in RB McGahee?

Quote:
New York Giants GM Jerry Reese just spoke at the podium here at the combine and said they do have some trade offers out there when talking about the need to add a running back following Tiki Barber's retirement.

He later said, "There is Willis McGahee talk, but we are looking at everybody. If the right guy is out there, we'll address it."

Verrry interesting. Considering how well Willis has performed the times he has played at the Meadowlands against the Jets, perhaps his stock is higher in New York than it might be in some other NFL cities.
Source: www.buffalobills.com

My Link: http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=2242007ywq356wr
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

please take him Giants. i dont like a Hurricane RB in the AFC East..hes kinda dangerous.

im a big fan of McGahee..if he can get out of Buffalo to a place with a better OL and better offensive team itd be good. also being a Patriot fan, i dont like being against Willis twice a yr
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mcgahee isn't really all that great of a runningback. He's alright and he'll have a big game every now and then, but I certainly wouldn't put him in the upper echelon of NFL runningbacks. Last year he went over 100 yards only twice.

Of course both of those happened to come against the Jets. I honestly have no idea how he can be so average for the vast majority of the season and destroy the Jets everytime he plays them.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm. I didnt kno McGahee was available for trades....

I wouldn't mind the Broncos pursuing him either. he's a talented RB who has been hindered by a horrible OL.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Get him out of the AFC East please.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Hm. I didnt kno McGahee was available for trades....

I wouldn't mind the Broncos pursuing him either. he's a talented RB who has been hindered by a horrible OL.
i realy dont see him going back to buffalo
Old 02-24-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
kafb86

i don't have a link but the jets have reported interest in him
Old 02-24-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he would be a grea fit to go along eli and shockey

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if I like this. Im tired of all the diva attitudes in Giant uniforms. Do we really need another one? This is not the right direction for our franchise.

We need to fill our roster with high character blue collar team oriented guys, those are the guys we need. We have too many loud mouths as is. Im not sure if this will work.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
only if hes cut..no way Buffalo trades him inside the divison..thats suicide
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
he would be my number 2 and Jacobs would still be my starter
Old 02-24-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
What are you on?!

He's a top 10 running back in the league. Maybe not one of the best, but certainly better than Brandon Jacobs. He's proven nothing other than he can pound the ball near the goaline.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in toronto and i get to see many bills games. Mcgahee is nothing special and hasnt really proven a whole lot except when he faces the jets.

I cant imagine his trade value being any higher than a 3rd, and thats for potential more IMO.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would rather not see him in the nfc east

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Because he puts up nasty numbers in Giants Stadium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see him on a team that is worth a dam to see what he could do.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Same division. I doubt Buffalo would want to send McGahee to the Jets and then have to face him twice a year.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
What are you on?!

He's a top 10 running back in the league. Maybe not one of the best, but certainly better than Brandon Jacobs. He's proven nothing other than he can pound the ball near the goaline.
That's why it will be interesting 1-2 punch. I'd give Jacobs more carries, but use Willis alot as well. I think that would be a pretty sick or potentially pretty sick duo.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
I would like to see him on a team that is worth a dam to see what he could do.
I hate you.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Get him out of the AFC East please.
While I love him destroying the Jets, it's not worth it to have only two good games a year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this move happens, I think it's much later in the process. Simply put, I can't see them not having a RB lined up, or not knowing the draft grades for Peterson and Lynch before they pull the trigger. That is, they have to have a plan in place to move Willis. If they sign a FA RB (but there isn't much ... and Rhodes DUI makes him an unlikely option for Ralph, IMO) or make a move up ... there's no guarantee Lynch or Peterson will be there for them.

Btw, I think Willis will likely cost a 2nd.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is well documented that I am not a McGahee fan. However, I agree that the Bills will not pull the trigger unless another RB is in place. But once that is taken care of, I would be happy if willis is out of buffalo.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
If this move happens, I think it's much later in the process. Simply put, I can't see them not having a RB lined up, or not knowing the draft grades for Peterson and Lynch before they pull the trigger. That is, they have to have a plan in place to move Willis. If they sign a FA RB (but there isn't much ... and Rhodes DUI makes him an unlikely option for Ralph, IMO) or make a move up ... there's no guarantee Lynch or Peterson will be there for them.

Reese has said he will not part with Day 1 draft picks, its gotta be day 2 and/or players
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu

Reese has said he will not part with Day 1 draft picks, its gotta be day 2 and/or players
4th or 5th and Webster wouldnt be bad.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see them taking anything day 2. I'll be surprised if they pull a deal without getting a day 1 pick in return, and McGahee is deserving of a day 1 pick.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote