Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-03-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Orioles thread

Well boys opening day is monday, I think it will be a bit of a rough season. We may not break 500 but I think it will show we have some great talent. I think next season will be the season we contend. We have young talent in Markakis and Jones and as we know Weiters will be the greatest C of all time :p.

What is going to hurt us this season is our pitching, but we have some nice prospects such as Tillman,Matsuz etc. I think we are a year or 2 away but we have nice talent.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be at Opening Day, this will defintely not be the year the Orioles contend or even put up a winning record but this will be the year things start to change. Our pitching staff is putrid but we have the offense and defense to compete, if all three of our young stud pitchers develop like they are supposed to the AL East turns into a 4 dog race!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard standing only spots were going for $60. The thing that sucks is opening day there will be more Yankees fans then Os fans.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Eff the Yanks.. Baseball needs revenue sharing like the NFL.. then you will see the parity come back... Teams like the A's and Marlins should be dominating with all the young talent they bring in and develop and never get to take advantage of!!! MLB is so out of wack.. I just hope the O's can put a winner on the field soon so we don't turn into the Pirates or Dodgers, a storied organization that can't outrun its success of the past...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Eff the Yanks.. Baseball needs revenue sharing like the NFL.. then you will see the parity come back... Teams like the A's and Marlins should be dominating with all the young talent they bring in and develop and never get to take advantage of!!! MLB is so out of wack.. I just hope the O's can put a winner on the field soon so we don't turn into the Pirates or Dodgers, a storied organization that can't outrun its success of the past...
Old 04-03-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Sorry everyone... the server was acting funny and locked me up.. somehow posted 3 times?!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I heard standing only spots were going for $60. The thing that sucks is opening day there will be more Yankees fans then Os fans.
Yeah I got mine for X-mas as part of a 4 game package. They are not the greatest seats but I wont be standing :)
Old 04-04-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

lol looking at it I think it might have been a good move not getting him. We signed Roberts and Markakis(who is the face of our franchise) for about 1/2 the price of Texiera. Huff put up similar stats to Texiera last year, but isn't the fielder Texiera is. I think it will help us in FA next year, we can have $ to invest in our pitching staff.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol looking at it I think it might have been a good move not getting him. We signed Roberts and Markakis(who is the face of our franchise) for about 1/2 the price of Texiera. Huff put up similar stats to Texiera last year, but isn't the fielder Texiera is. I think it will help us in FA next year, we can have $ to invest in our pitching staff.
Unless we get a new owner that won't happen.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

positive thinking those are my beliefs regarding sports.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Unless we get a new owner that won't happen.
Well FWIW Angelos has publicly said he will spend money on big name bats once the big three (Arrieta, Matusz, Tillman) get here. It's McPhails philosophy to grow the arms and buy the bats, and word is Angelos has given free reign to do whatever he wants. The FA crop isn't look great next year though, Adrian Beltre at 3B and Matt Holliday in LF would be nice though.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Holliday would play DH for us. I like our young outfield w/ Pie,Jones,Markakis.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Holliday would play DH for us. I like our young outfield w/ Pie,Jones,Markakis.
Yeah, well if Pie sticks, but that is not guaranteed, though I have high hopes. Probably the best defensive OF in baseball.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

is this Pie contract year or something? I am having a brain fart. I know he was a 5 tool player coming out. He was a nice prospect. I have high hopes for our outfield.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

wow listen to the boos when Texiera steped up to bat.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wow listen to the boos when Texiera steped up to bat.
made my day

texiera even turned a bit red

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game so far. **** Texiera!!!! BOOOO!!!! I love it. Man anyone else love how our batting lineup starts? Roberts/Jones/Markakis??
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 04-06-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

holy 6th inning meltdown
Old 04-06-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I did every swdc oriole fan the favor of booing the living **** out of teixeira everytime he stepped to the plate.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

lol at 1st i felt bad for texiera, then I realized how much of a turd he is
Old 04-08-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am excited to see Kojo pitch today. Also I heard Pie is starting. I am excited to see both of them play
Old 04-08-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Anyone from Baltimore or who has Directtv know if the game is on tv???
John Wall
Old 04-09-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Bottom line? You don't get booed unless you matter. Nobody boos the Baltimore Orioles when they're on the road because nobody cares. Oriole fans are a symbol of what's wrong with America. Jealousy, anger, and resentment toward the successful people. Oriole fans, you may not be sharp enough to get this, but you just validated Teixeira and validated why nobody talks about you on the radio. Orioles fan, you may think you won last night, but you came across as small, angry, petty, clueless, and phony"

Colin Cowherd is a tool