Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-07-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All he does is play football and watch polar bears. I guess he's around the Jersey area doing stuff in the community too. Since I think the compensation is a second rounder, we should give up our first for the Cowboys' second and fourth. Then we get a receiver and don't have to worry about Freeman. Or maybe some of you want him. I at least won't have to worry about Freeman. (and we could use the extra fourth to get Troy :D)
Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

All he does is play football and watch polar bears. I guess he's around the Jersey area doing stuff in the community too. Since I think the compensation is a second rounder, we should give up our first for the Cowboys' second and fourth. Then we get a receiver and don't have to worry about Freeman. Or maybe some of you want him. I at least won't have to worry about Freeman. (and we could use the extra fourth to get Troy :D)
Dunno if the Boys do that deal since that would leave them with a first and maybe one third (from some other deal, maybe not) in the first four rounds. I'm sure we could figure something out, maybe we just give up the second and move down in the first picking up a first and a third or a late first and a late second. Should be interesting to see what happens.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interest in Miles must be a smokescreen.

There is no way they can really be willing to part with a 2nd round pick for Miles Austin... right?

For what other reason would you even bring the guy in?

This could be an attempt to show Tampa that they're not a threat to take Freeman at #17. If Tampa thinks they're focused on adding a WR (they're having Britt in soon too), the Bucs won't be inclined to move up in front of the Jets for the QB.

Reading into it a lot I know, but I just don't see any other reason for the team to bring in Miles Austin...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

There is no way they can really be willing to part with a 2nd round pick for Miles Austin... right?

This could be an attempt to show Tampa that they're not a threat to take Freeman at #17. If Tampa thinks they're focused on adding a WR (they're having Britt in soon too), the Bucs won't be inclined to move up in front of the Jets for the QB.

Reading into it a lot I know, but I just don't see any other reason for the team to bring in Miles Austin...
I dunno I mean bringing Austin in makes it seem like it's a priority to get a WR on one hand, but on the other it also seems like we're trying to bring in a wideout to leave us open to other options at 17. In that case we may be looking for a way to find a WR without drafting one at 17, because we want to use that selection to grab a guy like Freeman, Wells, Pettigrew, etc and we don't like the WR's available at 17. I think you can kind of make it into whatever you want to with enough what-if's involved, guess we'll just take it for what it is and see what happens.

We've also brought in restricted guys just to get to know them for when they become unrestricted. Stacey Andrews I remember specifically, and there may have been somebody else as well. Who knows, but I wouldn't read into it that much.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Trading a second round draft pick for a veteran receiver who really never produced as more than his team's #3 WR? Whats the worst that could happen.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

We've had bad luck bringing in big receivers over the last few years (McCareins and Matthew Hatchette) so to give a pick for a still unproven guy is risky.

BTW: Austin is from the same town as Wayne Chrebet (Garfield NJ)
Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Miles is better right now than any 2nd round WR you would get.

Not sure about long-term, but Austin would immediately give you a solid WR that can stretch the field.

As a Cowboys fan, I was looking for him to have a break out season so I would rather the deal not happen. I think JJ will match any offer. I think JJ has a man crush on Miles.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have liked what i've seen of Miles Austin when watching Cowboy games. I think he would be worth the 2nd. Could we get Kenny Britt with the 2nd? Then maybe i would think otherwise.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL Matthew Hatchette!!!!!!!!! I love the Jets.

Take this for what it is- a joke:

You've got a star QB at age 42 available one offseason.

You've got a star QB at age 25 availabe in the very next offseason.

Which QB do you think the Jets ended up giving up picks for?

DOH!

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That doesn't take into consideration what picks were given up though, or the competition to get that QB. I don't believ eit was a from a lack of offering picks that lead to Cutler not coming to the Jets....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I have liked what i've seen of Miles Austin when watching Cowboy games. I think he would be worth the 2nd. Could we get Kenny Britt with the 2nd? Then maybe i would think otherwise.
I think Britt would most certainly be gone by your second, 52, right?

I've read some reports that the Giants may look hard at Britt if they don't land Braylon Edwards.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 04-08-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Miles is better right now than any 2nd round WR you would get.

Not sure about long-term, but Austin would immediately give you a solid WR that can stretch the field.

As a Cowboys fan, I was looking for him to have a break out season so I would rather the deal not happen. I think JJ will match any offer. I think JJ has a man crush on Miles.
Given that Austin has 18 catches for 354 yards on the career, I'm guessing you don't think very highly of the receivers who will be available past the first round.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granted Austin hasn't ever been given a full season to start. Looks awfully impressive from what's available on him and his combine numbers would actually put him at the very least in the top four (physically). I don't know. I guess I wouldn't be so for this if there didn't appear to be as many potential busts as there seems to be this time around, but more than likely nothing will come of it, or at the very least Jerry Jones will match any offer we make.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys will not take this beast away from us.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

So I guess no one has heard anything yet on the Miles Austin front.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's still in town...should hear something by later today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting article about Leon.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...nd-a-new-role/

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I was actually just going to talk about that. I think it's hilarious that he was talking about revolutionizing the position and all he wants is 4 mil a year. What would be crazier is if we don't pay him it. I love people that undervalue themselves.

Oh and about Miles, I guess we're going to hammer out a deal. Might include some "poison pill" talk if they take a while to think it up. I guess it just depends on if they really want to commit to it or not. I heard that (naturally) they're having some reservations about giving up a second rounder. I think I heard they should have something done by like Tuesday. Not sure.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

It's definitely hilarious that LW wants 4 million/year, can't see why we haven't gotten anything done yet if that is the case besides focusing on draft and FA. If that's really what it will take to extend him, Tannenbaum should get that done before the end of this offseason. Not too much money and the guy's easily our most explosive player, it'll be interesting to see how he does with a (hopefully) expanded role.

I was thinking about the poison pill with Austin, but I don't think it's a good idea. We've had a decent trade relationship with the Cowboys in the past, I'd rather not mess around with it. I don't think there will be any great WR's available in the second this year, I certainly don't have any more faith in Louis Murphy than I would in Austin, but at 17 or in a trade up/down scenario to the late first/early second range there are some solid options that the Austin deal would preclude. What I really wonder is what we'd be targeting at 17 if we do go after Austin since it obviously wouldn't be a WR. I'm kind of ambivalent on the deal, he certainly has some nice potential, but I don't think we're going to end up landing him anyway.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Jets' courtship of Cowboys WR Miles Austin is "dead," according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
So much for that flirtation.
Evidently, the Jets came to their senses, realizing it would've been crazy to part with a second-round pick -- the compensation that would've been required to land Austin, a restricted free agent.
The restricted signing period lasts until Friday, but as of this moment, the Jets are out of the Austin sweepstakes -- if you could call it a sweepstakes. The former Monmouth (N.J.) College star visited the Jets last Friday, fueling speculation that an offer sheet would be forthcoming. But he left without a deal, and he isn't going to get one, at least not from the Jets.
It looks like the Jets are confident they can find a potential starting receiver in the first or second round of the draft. Now that they're keeping their second-round pick, it gives them some ammunition in case they decide to trade up in in the first round.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...es-austin.html
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy. I didnt want to give up a 2nd round pick for him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Im happy. I didnt want to give up a 2nd round pick for him.

Agreed. I heard speculation that they only brought him in to lay the seeds for his pending unrestricted Free Agency next year. If he has a productive year this year then they would attempt to sign him next year at no compensation.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

yea a 2nd rounder was to much I would rather trade into the late 1st if we dont take a wr with #17. Still love Nicks and Britt as late 1st round guys.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

I got scared for a second that we were actually considering Austin. I mean the guy could be great one day but you dont throw around 2nd round picks on guys like that.

I'd like to see us go D with the first pick(Tyson Jackson!) and then WR with the 2nd pick.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Anybody like Scott's mock for us?