Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
blasphemy!
Guys, I know Mrs. Pacman is special...she's fun, she's cute...she swallows.

Her name is Naomi...thats "I moan" backwards.

that movie is full of epic goodness
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Finally watched Wall-E last night. Such an awesome flick.
It's my favorite of all the Pixar movies.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

So Synecdoche, New York was utterly, utterly weird. I'm talking more than Anderson weird. Not quite Lynch weird, but I have no idea wtf I just watched. PSH was brilliant as always, though.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
So Synecdoche, New York was utterly, utterly weird. I'm talking more than Anderson weird. Not quite Lynch weird, but I have no idea wtf I just watched. PSH was brilliant as always, though.
If by weird you mean brilliant then yes, it was really ******* weird. The movie summed up perfectly the kind of thoughts I have on life right now. I really enjoyed it. Much like There Will Be Blood last year the movie completely captured my attention and imagination and I thought about it for days afterwards and still do from time to time. In my opinion that is what a great movie should do.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of all his movies, these are the ones you picked? Jeez.

Yes.
Quote:

Why would you comment on my PSH films if you hadn't even seen my #1 choice damnit????
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
If by weird you mean brilliant then yes, it was really ******* weird. The movie summed up perfectly the kind of thoughts I have on life right now. I really enjoyed it. Much like There Will Be Blood last year the movie completely captured my attention and imagination and I thought about it for days afterwards and still do from time to time. In my opinion that is what a great movie should do.
After thinking about it and reading IMDB (which I do after I watch every movie), it really makes a lot of sense. It was insanely complicated, but it can be summarized pretty succinctly. Kaufman did a really damn good job.

I thought TWBB was terrible, by the way.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After thinking about it and reading IMDB (which I do after I watch every movie), it really makes a lot of sense. It was insanely complicated, but it can be summarized pretty succinctly. Kaufman did a really damn good job.

I thought TWBB was terrible, by the way.
You know why he did a good job? Because he is the most brilliant storyteller in Hollywood. Because he has yet to write a bad movie. And because his films, unlike 90% of the trash which finds its way into movie theatres today, actually deserves a place amongst the great pieces of culture of our time. I tell everyone, I enjoy Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind just as much as any novel I've ever read: In fact, if you put ESSM into novel form, I've no doubt it would be considered a great piece of literature.

To summarize: Charlie Kaufman is the ****.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You know why he did a good job? Because he is the most brilliant storyteller in Hollywood. Because he has yet to write a bad movie. And because his films, unlike 90% of the trash which finds its way into movie theatres today, actually deserves a place amongst the great pieces of culture of our time. I tell everyone, I enjoy Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind just as much as any novel I've ever read: In fact, if you put ESSM into novel form, I've no doubt it would be considered a great piece of literature.

Wait, was it me and this forum where I originally compared it to a novel...or maybe I just stole that thought from you? ******* huge thumb up on the novel comparison anyways, because that is the only way to describe it.

It hits you like a great book, not like a great movie....which is amazing in of itself. Indescribable.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:

Actually, the reason he did a good job is because he's one super ****** up individual. Someone from IMDB said it well; he writes movies instead of going to therapy.

I have no issue with it, because his movies are great, but he's for sure ****** up.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, the reason he did a good job is because he's one super ****** up individual. Someone from IMDB said it well; he writes movies instead of going to therapy.

I have no issue with it, because his movies are great, but he's for sure ****** up.
********. This statement angers me. How is he ****** up? Because he possesses more talent than anyone else in Hollywood? This next generation is going to be so ****** because if you express any sort of different thinking or mentality from the norm they are just going to put your ass on meds till you fit it in. Kaufman may be creative and different, but he is not ****** up in the head, he is a genius.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I dont see anything disturbing in his work...How can you claim that Charlie Kaufman is ****** up, when you have all kinds of horror movies out there like Saw? Kaufman is an intellect. Instead of expressing his fear of death, sickness, dying, existentialism, religion, and all the other thoughts Synechdoche encompasses through a stupid movie or by "going to therapy" as you said, he produced a piece of art which touched me, and I know others, in a way that few pieces of art can. I think before you call Charlie Kaufman messed up, look around Hollywood. Hes unique, imaginative, and not afraid to blend fantasy with reality, but I would not call him messed up. Other then Synechdoche, which admittedly is a dark film, has lead you to believe he is ****** up?
Quote:
Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
I dont see anything disturbing in his work...How can you claim that Charlie Kaufman is ****** up, when you have all kinds of horror movies out there like Saw? Kaufman is an intellect. Instead of expressing his fear of death, sickness, dying, existentialism, religion, and all the other thoughts Synechdoche encompasses through a stupid movie or by "going to therapy" as you said, he produced a piece of art which touched me, and I know others, in a way that few pieces of art can. I think before you call Charlie Kaufman messed up, look around Hollywood. Hes unique, imaginative, and not afraid to blend fantasy with reality, but I would not call him messed up. Other then Synechdoche, which admittedly is a dark film, has lead you to believe he is ****** up?
All of his other movies? I believe he said something about part of his life being written into his movies. The fact that he's never in the public. Something related to his life growing up.

I'm not sure, but the guy can write damn well, so I really dont care if he's messed up or not haha
Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Since I am up and have nothing else to post about...

I finished re-reading The Informers a week or so ago with the movie coming out soon and wow... Blown away, I forgot how much I loved the novel. Not only that, but I remember when I first heard they were making a movie version of it, I was shocked. I thought uhh how about Lunar Park.... Glamorama...make a real movie version of Less than Zero? Either of those should be made before The Informers, which could never work as a movie I thought. But after reading it as a movie in my head...yea I am so ready for it.

So many scenes in the book can be breathtaking in the movie. I just hope Gregor Jordan doesn't over dramatize it, it's hard not to with that subject matter though. What Ellis is able to pull off in just one those stories by somehow making a short story about a young child who is kidnapped and murdered to be funny is extremely difficult. I am encouraged by the chose of Mickey Rourke to play that role, he fits perfectly.

One thing that does upset about though is: (spoiler about the vampires)

I have one thing that will make this movie a smashing success though: please give Bruce plenty of air time and PLEASE, please let them end the movie with his monologue to his girlfriend about him being an alien sent to destroy mankind. If they do that, no matter what else happens...the movie is a success in my mind. Can't wait to see it.

Please don't let Bryan Metro care either, he should not speak more than a dozen words outside of his crying.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
blah blah blah blah. Im a film douche, my opinion on films & directors is law. I study film. Disagreeing with me ABOUT film is morally wrong and unacceptable.

Did I mention blah blah blah?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

When he's not bashing house APS is only minimally ueber-pretentious. :p
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone is ****** up in one way or another. Find me one great artist who isn't ****** up. They all are, it is almost a prerequisite to making great art. Not that there is anything wrong with being ****** up. Hell, I think ****** up people are by far the most interesting, intelligent, awesome people I have ever met.

I honestly believe that if you have a great intellect you are going to be ****** up. You can't be an incredibly smart person and be ok with what happens in the world, you always believe you can figure out a way to help fix it.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:57 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
All of his other movies? I believe he said something about part of his life being written into his movies. The fact that he's never in the public. Something related to his life growing up.

I'm not sure, but the guy can write damn well, so I really dont care if he's messed up or not haha
I dont see anything wrong with him not wanting to be in the public eye. There is nothing wrong with wanting to retain privacy and some sense of security.

And of course part of him is written into his movies. Adaptation is based on his own experiences. Hell, the lead character's name in Adaptation is Charlie Kaufman. I still dont see how that makes him a messed up individual. I admire him for not adhering to the boring, formulaic style of filmmaking that is everywhere nowadays.

Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind dont make me think messed up, or disturbed, or in need of therapy. I can understand how Synecdoche may make you think he is disturbed, but if you think about it rationally, many of the fears that are displayed in Synecdoche are very real fears, Kaufman just expresses them in an extreme way. I know I share many of his fears and opinions on many of the things he expressed in the film. I think he expressed very real fears that many so called normal people see and feel everyday. But hey, you can call him weird. I admire him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
blah blah blah blah. Im a film douche, my opinion on films & directors is law. I study film. Disagreeing with me ABOUT film is morally wrong and unacceptable.

Thank you for contributing something wholly intelligent to the discussion. In fact, I feel so much more knowledgeable after reading your pathetic spiel...But I'm glad you took time out of your day to attempt to insult me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Everyone is ****** up in one way or another. Find me one great artist who isn't ****** up. They all are, it is almost a prerequisite to making great art. Not that there is anything wrong with being ****** up. Hell, I think ****** up people are by far the most interesting, intelligent, awesome people I have ever met.

I honestly believe that if you have a great intellect you are going to be ****** up. You can't be an incredibly smart person and be ok with what happens in the world, you always believe you can figure out a way to help fix it.
I just think its sad that a great artist like Charlie Kaufman is referenced to as ****** up, when in reality, I think the world needs alot more people like him around.
Quote:
Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

That last sentence isn't really contradictory, HST was ****** up was a great boon to humanity, a lot of our greatest people are "****** up" abnormality just comes with the territory when we're talking true and genuine genius.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
That last sentence isn't really contradictory, HST was ****** up was a great boon to humanity, a lot of our greatest people are "****** up" abnormality just comes with the territory when we're talking true and genuine genius.
Exactly, being ****** up isn't necessarily a negative thing. You pretty much have to be ****** up to make art that touches people. Read a book written by someone who doesn't have emotional issues, I would be willing to bet you find it boring and tedious. No read a book by someone who is fighting their own mind everyday, I bet you will enjoy it a hell of a lot more.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post

Haha, and you asked why we like you around here?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dreadul movie. yuck. I didnt even care for Van Wilder, though.
I agree, Van Wilder was bad. They haven't had a good National Lampoons movie in a long time :(

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Haha, and you asked why we like you around here?
I dont see it...
Quote:
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moral of the story: ****** up people are way more interesting than normal people.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont see it...
That's because you called you a 'film douche' and you took offense. I was sure you studied literature or some BS like that, but regardless, I find Peefs to be funny at times.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's because you called you a 'film douche' and you took offense. I was sure you studied literature or some BS like that, but regardless, I find Peefs to be funny at times.
This makes no sense. And I do study literature lol. That guy is more then welcome to defend his argument. I was just stating my opinion in an argumentative way to stimulate discussion. Apparently that guy isnt capable of contributing, so he just insults. Im sure hes funny at times though.
Quote: